Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

MOT passed again - and service.

Not bad for a 2003 RX!

( Just an advisory for a small nominal diff leak - that's been there forever ).

😳

• Like 4

You guys have too low expectations.  I would be annoyed if my 2005 RX300 doesn't pass its MOT for the next 5 to 10 yrs first time.

These cars are ultra reliable.  Ive driven mine around Europe and up and down from London to the Lake District many times.

22 hours ago, Fsport said:

You guys have too low expectations.  I would be annoyed if my 2005 RX300 doesn't pass its MOT for the next 5 to 10 yrs first time.

These cars are ultra reliable.  Ive driven mine around Europe and up and down from London to the Lake District many times.

Slightly jealous of you guys though. The cars may be (ultra reliable), the tyres may have issues as I found out myself today. Failed MOT because one of the front tyres has a cut exposing cords between treads. Was planning to have both changed anyway given that both fronts were at 2/3 mm, but now considering to have all 4 changed as one of the rears was also recommended by the (Lexus) garage to be changed due to it being slightly perished. This one still has 5 mm left but probably has been on there since the beginning (car has only driven about 26k miles in 5 years). Interestingly, this is not listed as an advisory on the MOT though. On the upside, this gives me a good excuse to get all seasons fitted, which would have been my longer term goal..

• Like 1

my Lexus is 250 f sport had it's mot last Friday no advisories as with the previous year,always do my home work,check tyres,lights etc before hand,only fail car has had is headlight aim too low and that was before i had it,my IS 200 which i owned for 8 years didn't have one advisories before or after my ownership 😊 

• Like 1

Just slightly annoyed as had the car in for bodywork repair not that long ago at which time I was told (by Lexus) that the front tyres would still last a couple of thousands. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links