Recommended Posts

In the hand book for the GS450H "2007" it shows a switch to chose between two sets of wheel sensors for the TPMS. This switch is not there on my car.

In Techstream I can register a second set of monitors, but there seems to be no method of choosing the second set for my winter tyres. Has anyone else come across this or am I missing something.

John.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

I would imagine it'll be automatic won't it?

Take summer tyres off, register winter tyres with Techstream and the car will just see a set of pressure sensors and work with them. You won't have two sets of sensors in operation at the same time so there's nothing to choose - the car only sees one set at a time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi John, can't help you here but I was wandering the same thing, what will happen to TPMS if I put on set of winter wheels, I do not have them yet though so was thinking to run current tires to minimum legal and then buy an all-season tires just to avoid the issue with the 2nd set of wheels but if there is a way to get it done that's great! I will be following this thread and see what ideas other folks have.

Vlady

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it's the same as the IS300h, then you put on the winter tyres and register the sensors with Techstream. Do a reset (button under the dash) and the car will detect the winter tyre sensors after a few miles. You have to reverse the process when reverting to the summer tyres as, stupidly, you can't just switch over - I think.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, malcolmw said:

If it's the same as the IS300h, then you put on the winter tyres and register the sensors with Techstream. Do a reset (button under the dash) and the car will detect the winter tyre sensors after a few miles. You have to reverse the process when reverting to the summer tyres as, stupidly, you can't just switch over - I think.

So if you want a set of winter wheels you need to buy them with sensors which is more expensive, you need to buy OBD cable and download Techstream and even then with every wheel/tire change you need to do some coding! Seems like a lot of hustle! It's cheaper to buy Michelin Cross Climate +! 🙂

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It does seem strange the hand book shows the change over switch for the righthand drive car, and my car is an early 2007. Looks like phoning the dealers, but my experiance is they will not know the answer.

Unfortunately where I live "if" we have snow all seasons tyres will not hack it. I do have Techstream, and have loaded the sensors without problems. Now I just need some tyres, and wheels.

I have seen a set of used 7mm of tread left Nokian winter tyres on Ebay local to me at a very good price. So I am now on the look out for some suitable wheels.

John

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/3/2018 at 2:44 PM, Britprius said:

In the hand book for the GS450H "2007" it shows a switch to chose between two sets of wheel sensors for the TPMS. This switch is not there on my car.

In Techstream I can register a second set of monitors, but there seems to be no method of choosing the second set for my winter tyres. Has anyone else come across this or am I missing something.

John.

There is a switch on my car, just seen it whilst looking for the fuse box. The manual makes it appear as if it is in the glove box but it isn't. It is beneath the glove box and is next to the bulb that illuminates the passenger footwell. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm looking to purchase a second set of wheels for winter tyres. The handbook for my RC states that two sets of four codes can be stored. Presumably negating the need for a change-over switch, as none is mentioned?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Chris111 said:

There is a switch on my car, just seen it whilst looking for the fuse box. The manual makes it appear as if it is in the glove box but it isn't. It is beneath the glove box and is next to the bulb that illuminates the passenger footwell. 

My manual shows the switch to the left of the steering column in front of my left knee, but on my car this appears to be a small vent in place of the switch.

The only switch on the passengers side is in the clove box, and that disables the boot latch from the outside release.

John.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Britprius said:

My manual shows the switch to the left of the steering column in front of my left knee, but on my car this appears to be a small vent in place of the switch.

The only switch on the passengers side is in the clove box, and that disables the boot latch from the outside release.

John.

Are you looking at page 374 and 375 of the manual? The images show a lhd interior. P374 is showing the tyre pressure reset button. On rhd models it is more to the right of the steering column. P375 shows the position of the switch for the TPMS on a lhd model. It is not in the glove box. On rhd models it is on the passenger side, underneath the dash and next to the bulb that illuminates the footwell.

20180805_151834.thumb.jpg.b46ae67edf38873113e46c0385382af8.jpg

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have just been out to my car, and crawled under the passengers glove box, and you are correct. Thanks for sharing the information.

What on earth were Lexus thinking when putting the switch there? Surely it would make more sense to fit the switch next to the pressure setting switch or put it in the pull down switch panel. There is no mention of this in the handbook other than the position I have detailed.

John.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now