Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New car has arrived-questions

So I’ve got my new NX home and have been sat going through all the menus and settings. A couple of questions have arisen.

1. I’ve got the premium pack with electric seats. Coming home I was getting back ache due to excessive lumbar support sticking into my back. However, on reaching down to sort it, I found there was no lumbar adjustment button. All the manuals I’ve read, including the one that came with the car show lumbar adjustment. I’m pretty disappointed as the seat was very uncomfortable on the way homeE

Edit- Just looked on auto trader and none of the cars have lumbar support adjustment. Odd, because the manual clearly shows one. Think I'm going to have to buy a nice cushion!!

2. I created a Lexus account and tried to verify the vehicle on line, but it doesn’t recognise the vehicle code. Just too new or has the site got issues.

Other than that, everything is fine 🙂

Did you get the 'base' grade with Premium Pack?

There is no mention of adding the lumbar support (available in the F Sport and Takumi grades) in the premium pack info. 

The contents of this pack include
Privacy glass, rear doors and tailgate
Smart Entry
LED cornering lights
Wireless smartphone charger
Touch pad with 'MAP' button
Powered Tailgate
Smart entry and start system
Lexus media display with 10 speakers, 1-DVD
Steering column, electrically multi-adjustable
Parking assist sensors, 4 front and 4 rear
Power adjustable heated leather steering wheel
10" Navigation
LED front fog lights

Yes. Decided it wasn't worth stumping up for the leather. Amazing that a car at this price didn't have lumbar support. Guess I'll have to fiddle with seat and see if I can get at least a bit comfy

Neither of my NXs have had lumbar support. One assumes that the model you test drove did, in which case it must have been either a Premier or an F-Sport (which has different seats as well I believe).

Agree that a car at this price should have it really, but I established on my test drives that the seats were comfortable - and that's a very personal thing - so it didn't bother me.

I’ve had a fiddle and adjusted the seat to a better position. Can’t get the online functions working. I haven’t got the V5 yet, so can’t get a code off that and the device ID on map updates shows as invalid.

If i try and look at POIs on the map it just comes up as ‘searching’. All very frustrating. Nothing major in the grand scheme of things, just takes the shine off a bit 

19 hours ago, Quietlife said:

I need the V5 to register on the App. The website asks to use the map update code, but it doesn't work

Re: online functions, this rings a bell. I had similar issues and it all got sorted out once the V5 arrived. It may just be me, but I haven't used the 'My Lexus' functionality at all - seems like a bit of a gimmick to me.

Can anybody tell me what I'm missing? Are there lots of features waiting for me?

2 hours ago, First_Lexus said:

Can anybody tell me what I'm missing? Are there lots of features waiting for me?

Service history, online manual, journey planner and send to car ...

I must admit that in my first week I thought I'd adjust the lumbar support, only to be shocked that there was no adjustment. It's the first motor I've had for twenty years or so not to have lumbar support. I had just assumed it would have and never thought to check.

Quite disappointing for a premium car.

On 3/2/2019 at 6:54 PM, Quietlife said:

So I’ve got my new NX home and have been sat going through all the menus and settings. A couple of questions have arisen.

1. I’ve got the premium pack with electric seats. Coming home I was getting back ache due to excessive lumbar support sticking into my back. However, on reaching down to sort it, I found there was no lumbar adjustment button. All the manuals I’ve read, including the one that came with the car show lumbar adjustment. I’m pretty disappointed as the seat was very uncomfortable on the way homeE

Edit- Just looked on auto trader and none of the cars have lumbar support adjustment. Odd, because the manual clearly shows one. Think I'm going to have to buy a nice cushion!!

2. I created a Lexus account and tried to verify the vehicle on line, but it doesn’t recognise the vehicle code. Just too new or has the site got issues.

Other than that, everything is fine 🙂

The reason I bought an RX rather than an NX was that after 10 miles on a test drive my back was hurting.... 😞

I'm warming to the car after accepting that I won't be overtaking anything anytime soon 😏

The infotainment really is as frustrating as people say. Can't get the current speed limit to show up on the sat nav screen, despite going through every available setting. It's nice that it will display text messages, but awkward that there doesn't appear to be a voice command to get it to read them out. The mouse pad really isn't compatible with using it on the move.

Overall it's still a thumbs up so far. 

I don't think that the "mouse pad" is as bad a some people make it out to be. It's like everything else that is new, it takes some time to get used to it and eventually becomes second nature.

Having said that, I still maintain that you have to trawl through far too many menus to complete the simplest tasks at times.

• Like 2

I don't find it particularly difficult to use (despite the convoluted menus), it's just that you definitely need to take your eyes of the road for prolonged periods when using it. 

• Like 2

Is there anybody who can solve the mystery of the sat nav speed limit display. (Dealer can't work it out). My Nav is not displaying speed limits. The menu option is greyed out as shown in the attached  pic. Nothing I do gives me the option of selecting it. I'm baffled

20190304_172249.jpg

21 hours ago, Comedian said:

I find the pad more accurate with haptic feedback turned off.

Actually, that's a good point. I too have haptic feedback turned off.

3 minutes ago, Quietlife said:

Is there anybody who can solve the mystery of the sat nav speed limit display. (Dealer can't work it out). My Nav is not displaying speed limits. The menu option is greyed out as shown in the attached  pic. Nothing I do gives me the option of selecting it. I'm baffled

20190304_172249.jpg

I am going by previously read posts rather than my own personal experience here...

I thought that, in the face-lifted model, the speed limits no longer appear on the map, but are displayed in the small TFT display between the speedo and the rev counter/eco dial. This is because the new model does not use the map-based speed limits, but dynamic road sign recognition instead.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Quietlife said:

Well that's a pain of true. I've already noticed the camera misses quite a few signs and is often slow to react. 

Yes... I borrowed a courtesy car with road sign recognition a couple of months ago: it told me that the speed limit on the M3 was 120... because it read a sign on the back of a Continental lorry I was overtaking at the time!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Quietlife said:

20190304_172249.jpg

On the facelift model, which is what I have, speed limits are no longer displayed in the sat nav. as DanD states it now uses the road sign camera recognition system.

• Thanks 1

On 3/3/2019 at 6:35 PM, Quietlife said:

I'd like access to your POIs. Mine doesn't bring anything up at the moment

Not sure if it works offline but when I have my mobile tethering enabled, I get POIs, as well as current petrol prices at the nearest pumps

Well, 250 miles in and the seat is crippling me. Just can't get a position where it's not digging into my lower back. This could be the shortest and most expensive ownership ever.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links