olliesgrandad

Long Delivery Dates on New ES

5 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

North American cars are LHD!

Indeed they are, but not all LHD ESs are built there. The ones for LHD countries in Asia and mainland Europe aren't made in the US.

On 5/12/2019 at 1:16 PM, Dapprman said:

Could be worse - now they've taken deposits and launched the car over here and in Europe, the estimated delivery time on a Tesla 3 is 2+ years - and having seen the published financials for the company there's no guaranty they'll still be around then (the profit they announced last year was on cost of cars sold v cost of cars manufactured, the company still made close to a billion dollar loss).

And more Tesla’s are bursting into flames , while just sitting , parked ! They look great but wouldn’t touch one with a barge pole 

10 hours ago, Dealkent said:

And more Tesla’s are bursting into flames , while just sitting , parked ! They look great but wouldn’t touch one with a barge pole 

"look great" - maybe from 10 feet away, especially model 3. Even Dacia have better build quality, I could not believe the stories until I have seen and touched myself.

3 hours ago, Linas.P said:

"look great" - maybe from 10 feet away, especially model 3. Even Dacia have better build quality, I could not believe the stories until I have seen and touched myself.

Seen a few Model X recently - the front and rear door handles are next to each other and the alignment on all the ones I've seen is shocking.

I pointed out the sticking quality issues to the lady at Tesla stand and she defended it by saying that "new Model S" is now much improved in terms of quality control. Sort of admitting that model 3 is just literally horrendous. That is considering that Tesla probably doesn't put the worst example for the show... and if it looks like that on the new car, I am afraid to even think about what it will look after say 30k miles.

Other thing to consider - quality expectation in US is quite significantly different from EU... so 8mm gaps in body panels and rattling trim is probably considered "good enough". 

22 hours ago, Linas.P said:

Other thing to consider - quality expectation in US is quite significantly different from EU... so 8mm gaps in body panels and rattling trim is probably considered "good enough". 

No, I'd say the opposite. They expect less rattles, quieter and smoother ride.

That is what they would "ideally" like, but not what average american manufacturer provides - even the most luxurious Lincolns and Cadillac are pretty appalling compared to "quality" of say BMW, I am not even talking Lexus. Basically, they are accustomed and used to car we would not approve in Europe. Yes their cars are massive and have cushy sofas instead of seats, but build quality is not great.

Back on topic....I’ve been trying to track mine to see when it’s going to set off from Japan.  As of today, according to Lexus UK, it’s still not allocated.  I’m unsure what that means unless it suggests that it still doesn’t have a build slot but surely Lexus know how long it takes an ES to be processed whether I’m next in line to go through the factory or 5000th in line.

Habu