Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What did you do to your Lexus today.

1 minute ago, royoftherovers said:

Have you tried opening the 460 with its emergency key to find out what happens next ? 

Hi, its the 300 with the problem the 460 is sweet and starts first time but I now can't get it out of the garage until I find a way to move the 300. Fortunately I do have a Mercedes SLK so I am still able to get around but I will be learning a lesson or two here, park on the other side of the garage so as not to block the 460 in and further away from the garage door and make sure I have a spare key. I should have learnt by now but I can see the funny side so no problem and thanks for your advise

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, PJ Murphy said:

Hi, its the 300 with the problem the 460 is sweet and starts first time but I now can't get it out of the garage until I find a way to move the 300. Fortunately I do have a Mercedes SLK so I am still able to get around but I will be learning a lesson or two here, park on the other side of the garage so as not to block the 460 in and further away from the garage door and make sure I have a spare key. I should have learnt by now but I can see the funny side so no problem and thanks for your advise

I do know that Paul. I was suggesting that if you pretended that the 460 was the problem and tried to open it with its emergency key, you would then know what to expect when you used the emergency key on the RX

Just now, royoftherovers said:

I do know that Paul. I was suggesting that if you pretended that the 460 was the problem and tried to open it with its emergency key, you would then know what to expect when you used the emergency key on the RX

Ah sorry mis understood, I only have the one key for the RX but all three for the 460 so am in a bit of a pickle. I have just realised that I have a leak in the 300 at the top rear nearside which I have seen houses the door control receiver so it could be that has gotten wet and caused the problem, busy day tomorrow I think!

• Like 1

Tonight I sat in my 460 that I bought yesterday, on the driveway, large whisky in one hand, owners' manual in the other, and wondered where to start!  The friend I bought it from could be described as obsessive, so I'm confident I've got a good one.  It's my first venture into Lexus territory ( I currently have a Citroen C6 Exclusive, AKA "the money pit") and I'm really looking forward to benefitting from all the experience you folks can offer the new boy.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Junksleeper said:

Tonight I sat in my 460 that I bought yesterday, on the driveway, large whisky in one hand, owners' manual in the other, and wondered where to start!  The friend I bought it from could be described as obsessive, so I'm confident I've got a good one.  It's my first venture into Lexus territory ( I currently have a Citroen C6 Exclusive, AKA "the money pit") and I'm really looking forward to benefitting from all the experience you folks can offer the new boy.

Congratulations on being the owner of an LS. This is the place to have your questions answered by friendly, helpful, enthusiasts.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Tulpen said:

Congratulations on being the owner of an LS. This is the place to have your questions answered by friendly, helpful, enthusiasts.

Thanks for the welcome Tulpen, looking forward to getting to grips with this superbly engineered beast.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Junksleeper said:

A warm welcome Mike. Out of the Frying Pan (C6) and into Heaven !

You are a lucky boy to have such good friends.

You have already begun enjoying our first two pieces of advice with the Whisky and the Handbook, so all we need now are.....Photos, Service History, Your questions and such contributions to the Forum as you feel able to make.

Enjoy.

• Like 3

John good advice! 😉

No I didn't, we went for a walk, well, drove to the park, when this message came up, so I texted straight away, will be checking the manual when I get home.

34 minutes ago, Vlady said:

John good advice! 😉

No I didn't, we went for a walk, well, drove to the park, when this message came up, so I texted straight away, will be checking the manual when I get home.

Tis not Rocket Science and it exercises the mind too Vlady.

Just now, Shahpor said:

According to this, our cars have some sort of active venting system?

If so, I would have a look and make sure nothing is stuck in there.

Thanks Shahpor, I can ALWAYS count on you old buddy.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

I take it you have checked the Handbook Vlady ?

John, I did check the Owners manual, I have a PDF version and there is not single word "shutter" or "Inoperable" and only 17 words "grille", so manual has nothing on this issue. Any other ideas gents? 🙂

I started the car this morning and bloody message is still there! Grrr!

1 hour ago, Vlady said:

John, I did check the Owners manual, I have a PDF version and there is not single word "shutter" or "Inoperable" and only 17 words "grille", so manual has nothing on this issue. Any other ideas gents? 🙂

I started the car this morning and bloody message is still there! Grrr!

Have you read Shahpor`s contribution above Vlady ?

14 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Have you read Shahpor`s contribution above Vlady ?

I have John, thanks. Not much in there, I found the same link on Prius but nothing more, I replied to that thread as well.

4 hours ago, Vlady said:

I have John, thanks. Not much in there, I found the same link on Prius but nothing more, I replied to that thread as well.

Have you seen this matey ?  https://www.google.com/search?q=shutter+grille+on+lexus&oq=shutter+grille+on+lexus&aqs=chrome..69i57.14826j0j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#kpvalbx=_kdgXYJHJLd6FhbIPqrOw6Ac11

2 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Hi John, thanks for the link, yes I have seen it, what a clever system it is! Tbh I didn't even know the GS has active grille shutters! The last car I had this system (manual operation though) on was Soviet car Volga GAZ 24!

Anyway, will be keeping my eye on this item as I am waiting for a better weather! 🙂

• Like 1

Started the car, the warning is still there and checked also the shutters, they are in open position, good I guess. Will wait for a better weather to get under there as it looks like i need to remove engine lower/bottom cover to get access to shutters to clean them and check all the electrical connections.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Vlady said:

The top bit of the page John, plus different colours. Is it just me then?

I think the Web Host has updated this, and more, of its sites. Another site I use, completely different to the LOC (RV Park Reviews), was updated at exactly the same time. 

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links