Sign in to follow this  
Richard Kenny

Front Wheel Judder

Guys is it normal in cold weather for the RCF to judder when I reverse it out on full lock.  This has only started to occur since the temp dropped so I am wondering if this is tire slip because of wide tread or something more sinister.  When I reverse straight back or then move forward on lock it doesn't seem to occur.

I hope to God its not track rods....but any views would be welcomed.

Perfectly normal..

First time it happened to me I thought I'd run over a brick! Once the temps drop it happens every time I leave my driveway.

All to do with the wide tread and low sidewall height. Happens to many marques fitted with low profile wide tyres 

• Like 1

Yes sir, it's perfectly normal. All F cars do it

(Not sure about the LFA 😊)

Thank you gents...heading to Heathrow tomorrow and had images of slewing every time i braked.... 

• Like 1

Noticed the judder for the 1st time the other day, took me back to driving my Giulia. That would judder virtually all year round. Made tight manoeuvring interesting.

59 minutes ago, V8ORBUST said:

Noticed the judder for the 1st time the other day, took me back to driving my Giulia. That would judder virtually all year round. Made tight manoeuvring interesting.

Thank God it doesn't take me back to the two Italian cars I owned...first Lancia Delta Integrale - could hardly move the f**ker due to weight of steering getting out of the drive.

Alpha Romeo GTV6 - inboard discs...what a pleasure that was...and when the brake cable snapped they said....we will have to drop the engine....I thought he was kidding....he wasn't..

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Richard Kenny said:

Thank God it doesn't take me back to the two Italian cars I owned...first Lancia Delta Integrale 

Alpha Romeo GTV6

😋😍