Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Oops - what have I done! Bought RC200t

6 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

I am delighted to note that you two are getting along extremely well.Congratulations to you both.

Now if one of you cares about Cadillac President T might be about to trade in ........:) 🙂

I’ve bought that already John. I hate the engine, gearbox and economy but it met my criteria of 4 doors, brand and price.

Fair point although I have not been rude or abusive and I haven’t said anything that others wouldn’t think themselves. I’m having a bit of a laugh sure but that is all it is, nothing more.

3 minutes ago, paulrnx said:

Fair point although I have not been rude or abusive and I haven’t said anything that others wouldn’t think themselves. I’m having a bit of a laugh sure but that is all it is, nothing more.

Fair point and I was being light hearted.

Linas has a good heart.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, paulrnx said:

Are you suggesting I did?! 😅

4 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Linas has a good heart.

Absolutely!

3 hours ago, paulrnx said:

I agree. Of course, cars that cost £45k new still have the running costs of a £45k car despite costing say £15k to buy now

Yeh that's why its always good to purchase a warranty package from a reputable company to go with such cars for extra peace of mind. and all that's left to deal with will just be the usual consumables brakes, tyres and oil /fluid changes. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, noby76 said:

Yeh that's why its always good to purchase a warranty package from a reputable company to go with such cars for extra peace of mind. and all that's left to deal with will just be the usual consumables brakes, tyres and oil /fluid changes. 

That is fair enough, but have you seen the prices of just brake disks and pads on say RC-F? or Tyres of that matter?

As well the warranty for more expensive car will always be more, sometimes even disproportionately more - taking for example RC-F Lexus warranty not only going to assume breakdown will be more expensive to fix, but they expect it to have faults more often, because they expect you to track the car etc. So they will charge premium for it even if you end-up driving the car only on weekends like miss Daisy..

Finally, with Lexus we used to very good warranty conditions - it is not like that for other brands. Not to mention that most brand won't even warrant the cars over 6 years old and 60k miles. Lexus is really just an exception here. Try warranting say BMW M3 E92 - nobody would warranty it for any sensible money. 

And that's why with everything is always good to shop around, read terms and conditions and stick within budget and what one can afford and not "bite more than one can chew".

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, noby76 said:

And that's why with everything is always good to shop around, read terms and conditions and stick within budget and what one can afford and not "bite more than one can chew".

Yes - that is always the case, but not sure how it relates to this thread...

7 minutes ago, noby76 said:

Come on mate, don’t go hijacking Linas’s thread 😂

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Linas.P said:

Yes - that is always the case, but not sure how it relates to this thread...

You talked about your car and why you chose it. We talked about other cars you might have had for the same money. You said we were nuts because we didn’t listen to you. We then mentioned about running costs if going a bit exotic with a choice. Then to have a warranty if doing so. All straightforward and how discussions evolve between car nuts like us I would think.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, paulrnx said:

You said we were nuts because we didn’t listen to you.

Surely, I have never said you (both) are nuts!? But I take it you are just joking here?

What I said was that cars mentioned does not meet my criteria which I thought was very clear. If that helps I can summarise my criteria again, but I kind of deliberately avoided doing it, because again I actually never asked for advise ...and I am not being rude, I just did all the research, I have spent days looking at all the options, I even had scoring table for each car with decision being driven by £/point ratio.  So I know options available for me and anyone trying to suggest anything would be genuinely wasting their time.

Very large reason why I ended up with RC200t is specifically - "sticking with the budget and not biting more that I can chew", so I just don't understand what to make from such comment...

😂 😂😂 Boy oh boy you can be so condescending at times. Do you ever read back what you write before hitting send? Do you ever stop to think how you would react if you were to receive a similar post? Do you talk this way face to face with people? You have a lot of good things to say Linas and clearly a lot of knowledge but you do jump down people’s throats a little. You remind me of that cartoon of a man sat at his desk very late at night saying to his partner that he couldn’t come to bed yet because someone was wrong on the internet and needed to be corrected.

The nuts thing was a summary of your behaviour every time someone expressed surprise at your choice or suggested silly alternatives. It was also light hearted but you are so serious about everything you read and write on here. I still can’t understand why you’ve bought an RC200t either. 😉😀

21 minutes ago, paulrnx said:

😂 😂😂 Boy oh boy you can be so condescending at times. Do you ever read back what you write before hitting send? Do you ever stop to think how you would react if you were to receive a similar post? Do you talk this way face to face with people? You have a lot of good things to say Linas and clearly a lot of knowledge but you do jump down people’s throats a little. You remind me of that cartoon of a man sat at his desk very late at night saying to his partner that he couldn’t come to bed yet because someone was wrong on the internet and needed to be corrected.

The nuts thing was a summary of your behaviour every time someone expressed surprise at your choice or suggested silly alternatives. It was also light hearted but you are so serious about everything you read and write on here. I still can’t understand why you’ve bought an RC200t either. 😉😀

Do I read what I post? - yes multiple times. How people will react is exactly they way they will react, I wish everyone could find my post entertaining, but that is not in my control - I think there is difference between me offending someone and somebody deciding that they will "take offence". Besides of that it may be language issue, English is not my first language - so things may be "lost in translation".

Speaking face to face is never same as posting on the forum, there are many things which cannot be conveyed in writing. I agree that at times I could be intimidating (not condescending) even when talking face to face, partially because I always very serious and I would say "factual" (some say opinionated). If you interested look for how Jordan B Peterson speaks, I am nowhere near as good as him (not even remotely), but that would be the way I would try to communicate. It could be intimidating - I imagine people could feel that they need to be careful what they say to me and how.

Do I jump on "people's throats"? - it may feel that way, it is the case in real life as well. I do expect people to be responsible and factual when they make claims - if they are not paying attention I may challenge them. I would say - if you have checked your facts there is nothing you need to worry about! 🙂

"The nuts thing" - I disagree that it was how I answered it, but hey it is just my opinion, so you may be right! I can assure you that was not my intention anyway and I would point out that many things I said that "I probably made a mistake, I was nuts myself to do it", but I did it for A, B, C and E reasons. Not sure how could you found that condescending, but I guess you did and you have your own reasons... 

P.S. you can always drop me personal message if you not sure what I meant and I am sure we can figure it out together... Roy - may be right about "the bonding" 😁

Well, lets put things in perspective. here. This is just an irrelevant forum about irrelevant cars with irrelevant people posting irrelevant messages on non important topics.

What we post here is not really going to change the world is it? Besides that it could well be there are more important topics in the world right now........

Question remains however, what will be the next Linasmobile?  How about infinity Q60? coupe RWD big six cylinder, 4 seats and not expensive!

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

How about infinity Q60? coupe RWD big six cylinder, 4 seats and not expensive!

I personally love both the petrol or hybrid pack a punch a masculine looking car, its not common on the road. built by Nissan so you know some GTR techs will be lurking under that bonnet 🙂 interior might not be to everyone's taste but to me it's got everything i would want spec wise and if i had a spare budget and was in the market for a luxury sports coupe with 6 cylinders this car will be on top of my list.. both petrol or hybrid

8 minutes ago, noby76 said:

I personally love both the petrol or hybrid

There are no hybrid Q60, you probably confusing it with Q50s.

@dutchie01 - Infinity Q60, especially 3.0T would be interesting alternative for right price. As for "not expensive" claim when I bought my 200t, the sole car sold in UK was listed at £38,000 (more than RC-F), so it was out of question. The rest were 2.0T varians and thus I haven't even considered them, not to mention they costed £23,000 or more. Further, Infinity quality as actually very poor, not at all on the same league with Lexus. Q60 is more like RWD competitor for Hyundai Coupe.

By the way - I have created separate thread to discuss alternatives for RC200t/300h as this thread was never intended to discuss what car "I should have had". I would appreciate if that discussion would take place there:

Still chuckling  :yes:..my IS200t got ripped a new one for that engine, week in week out....then the rest is history.

Ah well, lets help Linas get out of his RC nightmare...  

Linas, there are quite a few 440i's out there around the £20k mark. A 16 plate with 52k just sold for £18k. You mentioned them earlier up the page. 

As you know these have the same engine Toyota have thrown in the Supra, a coupe, a rock solid closed deck 6 pot, go like stink, economical if you want to drive like Miss Daisy. You can get the MPPSK put on them if you want to upset the neighbours. I'd argue the dated interior is no worse than the RC's dated interior. Servicing and insurance reasonable, parts readily available. 

However, you would be mad to buy now. Used prices have gone through the roof. I'd put it off until things settle down. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Linas.P said:

taking for example RC-F Lexus warranty not only going to assume breakdown will be more expensive to fix, but they expect it to have faults more often, because they expect you to track the car etc. So they will charge premium for it even if you end-up driving the car only on weekends like miss Daisy..

£995 for 2 years of RCF warranty does not seem like premium to me. 

However getting an LC warranty at £2395 for 2 years does suggest reliability worries from Lexus

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links