Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2006 IS250 Manual & Navigation REAR AIR VENT NOT WORKING

Hi guys,

So I hadn't initially noticed, but after having passengers in the back of my 2006 is250 today I noticed that the air con (or heating for that matter) doesn't seem to be working, I have nothing blowing out of the rear air vents, I wondered if anyone else had a similar problem that they had managed to fix?

It works fine on the front, if anything it's not ice cold like my old 3 series was and more on the warm side, but when I bought the car none of the controls were working due to a faulty mark Levinson unit, so I put this down to it needing to be regassed

Regardless, I still have air coming through the front air vents, heated and ventilated seats work fine, but nothing in the rear.

All controls are working on my my new Mark Levinson nav unit and surrounding heating controls albeit the touch screen is a pain to use, and I actually never use it for navigation because it seems so outdated and takes so long to input addresses and locations in, using a phone is a lot easier, maybe outdated firmware that needs updating? Not even sure if updating will.make a difference but the thing just feels a bit old and tired, even the interface, I also have no clue why the car was listed as a MM from stock as it has no DVD function, I'm assuming the MM stands for Multi Media, do some of the ML systems not have the DVD function?

Went a tad of subject but these are a couple of issues going down at the moment for me and thought I'd put them out there to see if someone can give me some pointers 😀

Thanks guys, 

- Mitch

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, Mitcheyfex said:

Bump

A shame that you didn't get any response, especially as its been a year and a half!  I really don't have much understanding of the ventilation system but I can certainly agree that the old (and often new by what I read) sat nav system is fairly naff, I've always relied on my phone or TomTom, especially as the phone automatically updates.

The satnav disk is a dvd, behind the little clock panel. 

Not sure if my disk changer plays dvd (who own them these days?) But I have inserted a dvd with a few videos I burnt on. It was a bit picky at first, cant recall what format the videos were ,about 750mb per episode but I had a couple in there for a while. 2hrs sat waiting to get out of a supermarket car park I got through 4 episodes of modern family. 

Can't say I've ever even felt if any air comes out of the rear vent, can't help with that one.

My air con is significantly better than my old 5 series. The Lexus blows cold when stationary. The 5 series needed to be going a decent speed (fan was working) to get cold air. 

5 minutes ago, chr15gb said:

The satnav disk is a dvd, behind the little clock panel. 

Not sure if my disk changer plays dvd (who own them these days?) But I have inserted a dvd with a few videos I burnt on. It was a bit picky at first, cant recall what format the videos were ,about 750mb per episode but I had a couple in there for a while. 2hrs sat waiting to get out of a supermarket car park I got through 4 episodes of modern family. 

Can't say I've ever even felt if any air comes out of the rear vent, can't help with that one.

My air con is significantly better than my old 5 series. The Lexus blows cold when stationary. The 5 series needed to be going a decent speed (fan was working) to get cold air. 

Not sure if my disk changer plays dvd (who own them these days?)

I thought DVDs were the latest thing!! My Celsior still has a tape player!  

On 8/17/2020 at 9:46 PM, Mitcheyfex said:

So I hadn't initially noticed, but after having passengers in the back of my 2006 is250 today I noticed that the air con (or heating for that matter) doesn't seem to be working, I have nothing blowing out of the rear air vents, I wondered if anyone else had a similar problem that they had managed to fix?

Try manually setting the air direction to face, fan on max, close off all the front vents (centre and both sides) and open the rear two vents - you should get something, if not then something is blocking the rear vent or it has been disconnected somehow.

On 8/17/2020 at 9:46 PM, Mitcheyfex said:

I also have no clue why the car was listed as a MM from stock as it has no DVD function, I'm assuming the MM stands for Multi Media, do some of the ML systems not have the DVD function?

All vehicles with the MM option have DVD.

·      Multimedia package (option) – Mark Levinson 14 speaker system with 5.1 channel digital surround sound, 7” LCD screen, DVD based satellite navigation, six disc DVD autochanger including DVD video playback, Bluetooth connectivity, voice control, and Park Assist reversing camera.

11 hours ago, markeyszoo said:

DVD only plays when out of gear

And Handbrake warning light ON! ( if you know what I mean)

2 hours ago, Texas said:

And Handbrake warning light ON! ( if you know what I mean)

“Only plays DVD’s when out of gear” Well technically it when the VSS ( Vehicle Speed Sensor) is at 0

Thanks guys! So glad I finally got a response on this.

I'm quite looking forward to trying out the DVD player, and I'll investigate the rear vents, does anyone know how it would have become disconnected or where from? Is the connecter under the centre compartment which also needs to be removed to gain access to the Sat Nav unit? 

Could it be a fuse, and if so which one would it be.

Oh yeah, my Bluetooth doesn't work either, I can make phonecalls and hear the other person but they can't hear me, any ideas with that one? 

Could I have messed it up by putting a new Mark Levison Head Unit in it?

Thanks again guys!

48 minutes ago, Mitcheyfex said:

I'll investigate the rear vents, does anyone know how it would have become disconnected or where from? Is the connecter under the centre compartment which also needs to be removed to gain access to the Sat Nav unit? 

You don't need to fully remove the centre console to remove the Sat Nav and heat unit but it is possible someone thought you might and therefore the ducting could have not been put back correctly - there are two pieces, one main piece that connects directly to the blower/heating system unit and then a piece that connects to it that goes around the gear level to the rear vents.

1756991231_Screenshot2021-03-15at13_12_28.thumb.png.4d32c2aaad189c0c1fdfbdb0339f747c.png

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links