Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I wonder if this is a record.

On Saturday at about 3pm I ordered these parts from Rockauto, and they were delivered at 11 this morning (Tuesday) That isn't even three days!  And less than I thought, £93 all in. And yes I realise they're from the Far East etc but it does make you realise what a massive mark-up there must be on OEM parts.

IMG_20200901_165708468_HDR.jpg

• Like 5

What brand are they? Is it possible the "massive markup" somewhat accounts for better manufacturing processes and testing? I'm very wary of using cheap aftermarket suspension components.

1 hour ago, m4rkw said:

What brand are they? Is it possible the "massive markup" somewhat accounts for better manufacturing processes and testing? I'm very wary of using cheap aftermarket suspension components.

I get what you're saying, and I wouldn't buy cheap ones from eBay for instance, from unknown sellers.  My thinking is the US is famous for law suits, and so the companies buying these products in surely need to be careful of their sources.  The brand is Ultra-Power which is a name you see all over Rockauto.  The ball joints are supposed to be CNC machined and they are alloy like the originals.  The finish on them is excellent so I'll see how it goes.  An easy part to replace.  Btw, if anyone has the torque setting for the bushes I'd appreciate it.

51 minutes ago, Greer said:

I'd say & believe there are not enough folks here (UK) who take things to county court (civil) when they have a good case

I tried it years ago with a good case and lost!

I have heard from a guy in the US who has owned a very successful garage for 30+ years that getting decent parts is a relentless problem. Even some OEM parts brand new in a box will often not meet the manufacturer’s own specs, and aftermarket stuff is an even bigger minefield. Whether this is as true across the pond in europe I don’t know. Apparently a common thing that happens is there will be a very well respected brand with a reputation for reliability and then the company will get sold and the new owner wants to cash in and starts cutting corners and the stuff quickly turns to junk.

If you know the bushes have been in since new then set the torque wrench to a lowish figure and try tightening them until the wrench doesn't break and you're pretty much there.

8 hours ago, 39buss said:

If you know the bushes have been in since new then set the torque wrench to a lowish figure and try tightening them until the wrench doesn't break and you're pretty much there.

Thanks, I found it on the US site, 39ftlbs for the bushes and 64 for the ball joint.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links