Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi.

Just joined the forum recently to get some sound advice. I'm looking to buy a GS 450h (around 2006-09), and am currently looking at a couple online. Just noticed this red triangle that is lit up on the dash of one car in one of the photos, and was wondering if it's a potential issue. Handbook says it's a 'Master warning light', and to 'Refer to the message on the screen'?

It looks as though the message is saying something like 'Key Detected', or something along those lines. Could anyone shed any light on this please? I'm unable to travel to see the cars I'm looking at, so relying on this forum for a lot right now. Many thanks.

IMG_20201010_153821.png

IMG_20201010_153435.png

13 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

Could be as simple as no key detected info showing as transponder may have been moved away from vehicle while pictures were being taken.

Thanks Steve. That puts my mind at ease, at least on that particular point!

Dealer just sent through photos of some documents from Lexus on one of the cars I'm looking at. The only thing not showing as 'Green' on the form is for 'Battery/Charging', which is an 'Amber', with the comment 'Tester shows good recharge'.

On a separate invoice for this work, it shows that Lexus did an overnight charge on the car. Does all of this sound ok to you?

Thanks for all your help. I've never had a hybrid (or a Lexus) before, so this is all new to me.

1 hour ago, Alan172 said:

On a separate invoice for this work, it shows that Lexus did an overnight charge on the car. Does all of this sound ok to you?

That sounds a bit suspect to me. Does it indicate which Battery, the 12V or the high voltage traction Battery?

I'm only guessing but it sounds to me like the traction Battery has been flat, which is possibly 'not a good thing'. As Steve says above, you need to see that the hybrid (traction) Battery has had a health check and passed it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mossypossy said:

This is the document from Lexus that you need for traction battery.

Many thanks for this. He certainly hasn't sent that to me, however, one of the attachments was a Health Check for a Porsche 911 Carrera 🤔

I'll ask him about providing the document you've shown though Steve.

As an update on my search, there was another car I had been enquiring about, but seller wanted £6000, and AutoTrader valued it at less than £4,500. It also needed some damage to the paint addressing, and with the delivery costs to Fife, I would have been paying up to £7,500 for a £4,500 car. He wouldn't budge on the price, so had to let that one go.

1 minute ago, Herbie said:

That sounds a bit suspect to me. Does it indicate which battery, the 12V or the high voltage traction battery?

I'm only guessing but it sounds to me like the traction battery has been flat, which is possibly 'not a good thing'. As Steve says above, you need to see that the hybrid (traction) battery has had a health check and passed it.

Hi Herbie.

Yep, I'm just about to send that request off now. He was supposed to do an HD Video Walkaround yesterday afternoon too, but that didn't materialise, and still waiting. Not discussed price yet, but he's advertising it at £7,000 which according to AuroTrader valuation, is about £2,000 over what it's worth. We'll see how things go. I'm in no rush, and the right car at the right price will come along at some point.

Cheers

• Like 2

On 10/10/2020 at 5:44 PM, Alan172 said:

Hi Herbie.

Yep, I'm just about to send that request off now. He was supposed to do an HD Video Walkaround yesterday afternoon too, but that didn't materialise, and still waiting. Not discussed price yet, but he's advertising it at £7,000 which according to AuroTrader valuation, is about £2,000 over what it's worth. We'll see how things go. I'm in no rush, and the right car at the right price will come along at some point.

Cheers

Have you looked here: https://www.eliteventure.co.uk/search_page.php?budgetswitch=0&make=42&model=1317&budgetmin=&budgetmax=

or this one: https://www.qualitycarstoday.co.uk/vehicle-details/Lexus-GS-450h-SE-L-U1100/

Evening everyone.

Just wanted to drop in and, surprisingly, say goodbye...at least for a while anyway.

An email from our classic car club popped into my inbox this morning, and it contaned an advert for a long standing member's 1996 Jaguar XJ6, which I have always admired when he brought it to events. Truly immaculate car. So, as you will probably have guessed, I've bought it. He's getting it serviced before I pick it up, so should be with me by the end of next week.

A bit different to the GS 450h I agree, but I just couldn't pass on this one without kicking myself. Maybe someday I'll be back on the forum, looking for help with my GS 450h, but for now at least, it's a much earlier than anticipated farewell.

Many thanks to those who have offered their help and advice over the last few days, especially John, who took time out of his day to talk with me via Skype. This was very helpful, and very much appreciated. You seem a friendly bunch, and I wish I could have got to know you a bit better. 

All the best to you all, and I hope you continue to enjoy those hybrid drives.

Alan

1 hour ago, Alan172 said:

Evening everyone.

Just wanted to drop in and, surprisingly, say goodbye...at least for a while anyway.

An email from our classic car club popped into my inbox this morning, and it contaned an advert for a long standing member's 1996 Jaguar XJ6, which I have always admired when he brought it to events. Truly immaculate car. So, as you will probably have guessed, I've bought it. He's getting it serviced before I pick it up, so should be with me by the end of next week.

A bit different to the GS 450h I agree, but I just couldn't pass on this one without kicking myself. Maybe someday I'll be back on the forum, looking for help with my GS 450h, but for now at least, it's a much earlier than anticipated farewell.

Many thanks to those who have offered their help and advice over the last few days, especially John, who took time out of his day to talk with me via Skype. This was very helpful, and very much appreciated. You seem a friendly bunch, and I wish I could have got to know you a bit better. 

All the best to you all, and I hope you continue to enjoy those hybrid drives.

Alan

All the very best Alan old buddy. May all of your problems be tiny,but voluminous (LOL)

Upon reflection Al, you are not old enough yet, but one day........................................ 

39 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

All the best Alan, enjoy your Jag 🙂

Post up a pic or two when you get it.

Thanks Colin. 

I certainly will. Jaguar pics on a Lexus forum....whatever next! 😁👍

18 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

All the very best Alan old buddy. May all of your problems be tiny,but voluminous (LOL)

Upon reflection Al, you are not old enough yet, but one day........................................ 

Thanks John.

Not old enough. I certainly feel it! 😂

Take care of that Lexus. I might be wanting it off you when I return!

All the best, and take care.

Alan

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again.

Well, as promised, here are the first photos of the Jaguar!

It's the 3.2 straight-six from 1996 (X300). Very happy with the condition, but it's currently on a SORN until Sunday, so I've only driven it just over a mile. Come Sunday, we'll (hopefully 🙄) be able to take the car up through beautiful Glenshee for our first run in her. Road tax is something like £260pa, and I got Comprehensive cover with a £6,000 agreed valuation for an amazing £123pa with PBIS. Couldn't be happier guys!

Hope you're all keeping well 👍

Regards, Alan

IMG_20201027_113943.jpg

IMG_20201027_113954_008.jpg

IMG_20201027_113928.jpg

IMG_20201027_165054.jpg

IMG_20201027_165032.jpg

• Like 1

Wonderful Alan and thanks for posting.She is absolutely superb.

Downsides?

No Reversing Camera or Parking Sensors or ECVT Transmission or Extended Warranty or USB Points or Sat Nav or LED Lights or..........

just kidding.Do enjoy and stay in touch. 

23 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Wonderful Alan and thanks for posting.She is absolutely superb.

Downsides?

No Reversing Camera or Parking Sensors or ECVT Transmission or Extended Warranty or USB Points or Sat Nav or LED Lights or..........

just kidding.Do enjoy and stay in touch. 

Downsides???

I see them as plus points. Less things to go wrong in my opinion. And...

No reversing camera...passed my test without one. Parking sensors...passed my test without one. TCPTCSVC (or whatever it's called) tranny...The jaguar growls rather than hums, (which is so much better imho). Extended warranty....24 months Gold Warranty (renewable). USB...charge up before leaving home. Sat Nav...Google maps on my phone. LED lights... don't do much driving in the dark, but my bulbs are pennies to replace....

Downsides indeed 🤭 ALL plus points. No regrets whatsoever. This is the car I needed to buy. 

I've no doubt you'll continue to enjoy your 450h John, while I fall quietly in love with my lovely old Jag ❤️

I'll pop by every so often. Might even pop a piccie up from our jaunt on Sunday 👍

All the best,

Alan

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links