Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Who's got or ordered a Convertible

Kevin Williams

27 minutes ago, Winston said:

Just buy a 18 plate

seeing Autoraider .............  and save oneself between £20k and £40k in the process  ......  seems a plan

Malc

• Like 1

Well done to anywho has bought a convertible 

more pictures please

i would love one still waiting to collect my 69 plate LC500 

should be 3/4 days, I would need to wait til the convertibles were 3 years old or more to probably afford one so fingers crossed for 2 years time

i have always loved convertibles some of my history if anyone is the slightest interested

my first Car was a Triumph herald convertible and others in no particular order

Lancia beta spider , BMW 323i Bauer, BMW 850i convertible, Mercedes SL400, MGB 1800 roadster, Aston Martin Vantage 4.3

Saab 900 2.3 convertible, Mercedes CLK 230 convertible.

Memory fails me, tired now need a sleep

20 hours ago, Winston said:

Memory fails me

me too ...... I forgot to mention I do have a convertible ......  a quite rare ....... 1932 Triumph Southern Cross Sports Tourer :thumbsup:

Malc

One month in to my expected one year wait for the convertible. This is going to be difficult, especially as the weather gets better. Tempted to buy a used one but they so rarely come up. Does anyone know how many are on the road currently in the Uk?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Marcus63 said:

One month in to my expected one year wait for the convertible. This is going to be difficult, especially as the weather gets better. Tempted to buy a used one but they so rarely come up. Does anyone know how many are on the road currently in the Uk?

I have waited a week so far for my used LC 500

and I should get it early next week.
and the wait is driving me mad, I don’t think I can watch one more YouTube video on it. So how you can wait a year is beyond me

Be strong 

• Like 1

Why have you had to wait for a used LC?

My experience of main Lexus dealers is that their used cars are ready to take basically immediately.

You will enjoy it once it comes.

A J.

22 minutes ago, AJ500 said:

Why have you had to wait for a used LC?

My experience of main Lexus dealers is that their used cars are ready to take basically immediately.

You will enjoy it once it comes.

A J.

This one was not on site it was with a customer of theirs who they sold it to originally, they had to collect it and prep and service it

and with the double bank holiday nothing happened the  end of last week

And they only got it in yesterday , so have to check all the bodywork etc and whatever else they do when they sell  car should be ready for the weekend but I am in Devon on holiday then , but they have offer to deliver it to our holiday cottage 

so fingers crossed

• 2 weeks later...

Would anyone like to guess how many convertibles there are on the road in the UK. I was asked this question in a family discussion but could not find any info on the net about convertible production etc

4 hours ago, Marcus63 said:

Would anyone like to guess how many convertibles there are on the road in the UK. I was asked this question in a family discussion but could not find any info on the net about convertible production etc

Are there any official sales numbers in the UK for convertibles

or are they all lumped in together?

On 6/18/2022 at 3:45 PM, Winston said:

Are there any official sales numbers in the UK for convertibles

or are they all lumped in together?

I am not sure. I have googled for an answer, but found nothing for the convertible. Given the low number of used ones which come on the market, I can only assume that the overall number is low. Unless, of course, the ownership experience is just so great that no-one wants to sell😀

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, I have just noticed that one of the original limited editions in structural blue is for sale at £125k with 10,000 miles. Dare I say it, but I think that would be a good investment, with I think only 10 made for the Uk. If I had a useable garage I would consider it. My wife, of course, would say its a ridiculous premium over what we are paying for a similar spec but in the standard darker blue.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

How are the rear seats compared to a coupe?

I know the boot is 50 litres smaller but is there a penalty for the passengers too?

I can get three in my coupe but I don’t use the front seat to do so.  My toddler goes behind the passenger seat which is fully forward and my (short) wife goes behind me when we are transporting three. I put the drivers seat a bit forward and up so she can get her feet underneath.

So it works currently in a sort of Tetris way, but only because I’m not very tall, my wife is short and my son is 3.  

Is the convertible less spacious inside the cabin?

You would probably get your wife in the back seat if the passenger seat is fully forward, would think it’s not comfortable, headroom is low but if she is short probably OK, son should fit in back behind you if car seat is not to big. Won’t do the leather good though 😃

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks winston  for at least attempting an answer but in a LC coupe my son won’t go behind me when driving- his car seat is too big, so instead he goes behind the passenger seat in a fully forward position and my wife goes behind me with my seat raised (her feet underneath) and a bit forward.

My question was whether this arrangement would also work if I had a convertible instead, and I’m not sure it will. 

I’ve subsequently discovered LC Convertibles have 4 inches less leg room in the back than coupes, as well as smaller boots, so my dream of moving to a convertible and being able to take my family on trips is probably a non starter.

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, Arth_Vader said:

Thanks winston  for at least attempting an answer but in a LC coupe my son won’t go behind me when driving- his car seat is too big, so instead he goes behind the passenger seat in a fully forward position and my wife goes behind me with my seat raised (her feet underneath) and a bit forward.

My question was whether this arrangement would also work if I had a convertible instead, and I’m not sure it will. 

I’ve subsequently discovered LC Convertibles have 4 inches less leg room in the back than coupes, as well as smaller boots, so my dream of moving to a convertible and being able to take my family on trips is probably a non starter.

It’s hard to imagine the back seats being any smaller 

I have my seat fully back if there was any less legroom would that make it to cramped for tallish drivers, or have they shortened the rear seats?

I’m 5’10 but I have short arms and legs, so legroom not a problem with my seat forwards a bit.  I put seat right back when I’m doing long distance cruising with no one behind me.

https://carbuzz.com/compare/lexus-lc-vs-lexus-lc-convertible

Convertible front seat legroom is the same (actually ever so slightly more) but it’s 4.5 inches less in the back so presumably the roof mechanism has moved the rear seat 4.5 inches forward.

im not entirely sure how they measure it…..

• 5 months later...
14 hours ago, Marcus63 said:

Great, just got an update on expected delivery, pushed back from March/June to the end of the year and now on the verge of giving up😂

Don't give up!   I had similar with my coupe, then suddenly "It's on the boat"... 5months earlier than expected! 🤣

18 hours ago, BrettMRC said:

Don't give up!   I had similar with my coupe, then suddenly "It's on the boat"... 5months earlier than expected! 🤣

Thanks, yes there is always hope and the dealership seems just as in the dark. Having reconsidered Mercedes S class, Bentley,  BMW and Aston Martin options, I am quickly back to the LC. It's just a question of whether I buy a used one for this summer or hold out for my chosen spec

5 hours ago, Marcus63 said:

Thanks, yes there is always hope and the dealership seems just as in the dark. Having reconsidered Mercedes S class, Bentley,  BMW and Aston Martin options, I am quickly back to the LC. It's just a question of whether I buy a used one for this summer or hold out for my chosen spec

I would hold out if I were in your shoes.

13 hours ago, Marcus63 said:

I had the same issue. Ordered a new one in Sept 21 and the date kept getting put back. I was lucky enough to find an almost identical spec convertible for sale. Best thing I did was buying it as we wouldn’t have had the trips we did last summer. 

Has anyone got a KHAKI green convertible they could share a pic of?  Been considering getting one but cant afford to order a brand new one and would love to see some real life pictures of one.  Hoping a slightly used one will come up soon!!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links