Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content


  • Join The Club

    Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

     

Post a letter?


Spacewagon52
 Share

Recommended Posts

"Damn! I forgot to post Vanessa's card! Hope she gets it in time if I post it?" exclaimed my wife today. 

"How much is it to post?" I asked.

"76p first class."

"We will deliver it ourselves!"

"But that is a 15 mile round trip! That will cost........... over 76p!"

"Yes dear, but we will be going in a Lexus!"

 

AND SO WE WILL!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Spacewagon52 said:

"Damn! I forgot to post Vanessa's card! Hope she gets it in time if I post it?" exclaimed my wife today. 

"How much is it to post?" I asked.

"76p first class."

"We will deliver it ourselves!"

"But that is a 15 mile round trip! That will cost........... over 76p!"

"Yes dear, but we will be going in a Lexus!"

 

AND SO WE WILL!

Will she take one Lexus while you take the other?

There was a time around 1970, young Davey, when 76p, meant 15 shillings and 2 pence.Now, that was a King`s ransom. We could go out, spend relatively freely,buy fish and chips on the way home and still have  two and a half pennies left.  (slight exaggeration for the sake of emphasis)

All without using a Credit Card !

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Will she take one Lexus while you take the other?

There was a time around 1970, young Davey, when 76p, meant 15 shillings and 2 pence.Now, that was a King`s ransom. We could go out, spend relatively freely,buy fish and chips on the way home and still have  two and a half pennies left.  (slight exaggeration for the sake of emphasis)

All without using a Credit Card !

^^ I remember the days when you could go out, have a slap up meal, catch botulism, die, have a really good funeral...and STILL have change out of half a crown...😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Ah John  nostalgia its not what it used to be!!  I also look back on the old days money wise ,the bad news is from January the !st class stamp will set you back 85p ( 17 shillings )  how much longer will we be posting letters?

Dave

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, true blue said:

 how much longer will we be posting letters?

and latest from Royal Mail is that it's busier than ever and that's why post is taking so long at this festive time !

gave a fiver, yes £5 to my gf to airmail post 3 small Xmas cards, 2 to Australia and one to Singapore 

I owe her 10p .....  £1.70 each 😵

Malc

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, true blue said:

Ah John  nostalgia its not what it used to be!!  I also look back on the old days money wise ,the bad news is from January the !st class stamp will set you back 85p ( 17 shillings )  how much longer will we be posting letters?

Dave

Nice to meet you Dave--have met conversed previously?

I`m sure I read somewhere that First Class was going to 99p in the near future...or is my love of Rioja overwhelming me again ?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, First_Lexus said:

^^ I remember the days when you could go out, have a slap up meal, catch botulism, die, have a really good funeral...and STILL have change out of half a crown...😉

I`ve just split my pre-dinner Scotch reading that Ed !

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, true blue said:

Ah John  nostalgia its not what it used to be!!  I also look back on the old days money wise ,the bad news is from January the !st class stamp will set you back 85p ( 17 shillings )  how much longer will we be posting letters?

Dave

Lads,  I am afraid we have turned into our parents!

My father was appalled when the parking went up to 50p!  "That's 10 Bob! Criminal that is!"

i

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share






Lexus Owners Club Powered by Invision Community


eBay Disclosure: As the club is an eBay Partner, the club may earn commision if you make a purchase via the clubs eBay links.

DISCLAIMER: Lexusownersclub.co.uk is an independent Lexus forum for owners of Lexus vehicles. The club is not part of Lexus UK nor affiliated with or endorsed by Lexus UK in any way. The material contained in the forums is submitted by the general public and is NOT endorsed by Lexus Owners Club, ACI LTD, Lexus UK or Toyota Motor Corporation. The official Lexus website can be found at http://www.lexus.co.uk
×
  • Create New...