Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

GS F owners UK

On 3/3/2022 at 9:13 AM, Arnett said:

That's just the market as a whole right now. 

2020 a GSF was between 28-32 mileage dependant. Lots of independents have seen lexus directly selling between 40-50k in the last 8 months and have followed.

But lexus direct finance etc is so much better than independent.

These cars are just high in demand even with fuel prices rising, they are a rarity and a real special car, a lot like other cars that were slept on when they were new and a few years down the line they’re in auch high demand because people finally realise what a great car they were!!!

12 hours ago, Pielight said:

Suppose we can compensate by using our more economical cars a bit more than normal until prices drop again…whenever that may be! 😫

But what if I only have 1 car? 😅

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Rob RCF said:

But what if I only have 1 car? 😅

Think you'd be in a minority on this forum....anyway it's a good excuse to get a companion for your RCF! 🤣

4 hours ago, hockeyedwards said:

So do I pick the 4L V8 from 1996 or the 5L V8 from 2016 as my 'economical' car? 🤣

Whichever one in which you can most resist the temptation to use a heavy right foot 😂 Or better still get a 1000cc plus motorcycle...a lot faster but twice as economical than our cars.🏍

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2022 at 5:29 AM, ironrose said:

Oh wait. No pics yet, I am guessing it's the same one, only now a dealer trying to pocket £6.5K, or possibly more.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202202082267964?atmobcid=soc3

Price dropped by a grand. Sadly no takers for this one for a longtime, a month and a half with the dealer and a good three months or more with the private seller

• 2 weeks later...

The bubble will only burst on the crazy used car when the lack of availability of new cars starts to ease.

and that won’t be any time soon, we had the chip shortage because of covid, now the manufacturers are blaming delays on component shortages, especially wiring looms, from the Ukraine.

My BiL ordered a new Golf gti back in august, expected it for Jan 1. With the delays VW are experiencing, the build slot is now May. By the time he gets it, it’ll be mid July. 12 months wait for a Golf. Nuts.

I was in at the local BMW stealer at the weekend looking for a car for my daughter, they were saying it’s almost impossible to get a 1,2 or 3 series before Xmas, and they are having problems in finding good used stock. Understandably. The madness will continue.

in other news I placed a deposit on a build slot for  a M3 touring, it’ll replace the GSF eventually.  God only knows when that’ll arrive though.

13 minutes ago, Killysprint said:

The bubble will only burst on the crazy used car when the lack of availability of new cars starts to ease.

and that won’t be any time soon, we had the chip shortage because of covid, now the manufacturers are blaming delays on component shortages, especially wiring looms, from the Ukraine.

My BiL ordered a new Golf gti back in august, expected it for Jan 1. With the delays VW are experiencing, the build slot is now May. By the time he gets it, it’ll be mid July. 12 months wait for a Golf. Nuts.

I was in at the local BMW stealer at the weekend looking for a car for my daughter, they were saying it’s almost impossible to get a 1,2 or 3 series before Xmas, and they are having problems in finding good used stock. Understandably. The madness will continue.

in other news I placed a deposit on a build slot for  a M3 touring, it’ll replace the GSF eventually.  God only knows when that’ll arrive though.

Bubble burst ages ago. Car prices wbac are giving out are nowhere near what they used to be 2 months ago. 

They're struggling to shift used cars off the market. I've seen loads on the forecourt that have been on for a few months 

1 hour ago, Killysprint said:

it’ll replace the GSF eventually

That's a shame, but I do like the idea of the M3 touring, god knows how long thats been highly sort after!

52 minutes ago, rayaans said:

Bubble burst ages ago. Car prices wbac are giving out are nowhere near what they used to be 2 months ago.

I would agree, WBAC in January for the Mrs NX was £25k, did it yesterday and it was £20k! Think the market likely flooded as everyone tried to jump on the potential quick profit. Work with a race team and it would seem that any old piece of tat was marked up, dead beat 2005 116i went from being £3-600 to £1k!!! So I would also agree that 'quality' used are likely outweighed by general rubbish.

1 hour ago, Killysprint said:

I imagine more people are hanging onto their existing cars because of the unavailability of new, very high used prices and big increases in tne cost of living.

M3 is a brilliant car...hope you don't have to wait too long.

32 minutes ago, hockeyedwards said:

That's a shame, but I do like the idea of the M3 touring, god knows how long thats been highly sort after!

I would agree, WBAC in January for the Mrs NX was £25k, did it yesterday and it was £20k! Think the market likely flooded as everyone tried to jump on the potential quick profit. Work with a race team and it would seem that any old piece of tat was marked up, dead beat 2005 116i went from being £3-600 to £1k!!! So I would also agree that 'quality' used are likely outweighed by general rubbish.

Yep my c class was £17k px value in January. Higher price than I bought it for 1 year earlier. Now it's down to £14k. 

We've also ordered a Golf 1.5 R line with all the bells and whistles and they're saying November 2022. We ordered in December 2021 with a hefty £5k discount and initial build slot was in May!

Let me know when the M3 comes. I wouldn't mind having a GSF 🤣

I think the market for used cars is a bit volatile atm .. some cars are still on the rise.. some are falling. But I must admit there are bit more examples to choose from, compared to six months back, sadly this doesn't apply to the GSF.. 

Example :Like the GSF, Audi S8plus is a rare beast, only 73 registered in UK , there were 3 for sale on auto trader in Oct last year and now there are 8, they are all after crazy money. 

Hi guys, is there any reason I shouldn't go for that £36k GSF? I don't really care that it's higher mileage as I don't do huge miles and it'll still have the Lexus Relax warranty anyway. The plate is BC16NWY/F8GSF - I know the car was on sale 3 years ago for the same price.

In an ideal world, I want a 2017-18 car for the lower VED (will soon be just £150ish) but there doesn't seem to be many around and I'm not paying a premium just to save on VED.

11 minutes ago, SuperNads said:

Hi guys, is there any reason I shouldn't go for that £36k GSF? I don't really care that it's higher mileage as I don't do huge miles and it'll still have the Lexus Relax warranty anyway. The plate is BC16NWY/F8GSF - I know the car was on sale 3 years ago for the same price.

In an ideal world, I want a 2017-18 car for the lower VED (will soon be just £150ish) but there doesn't seem to be many around and I'm not paying a premium just to save on VED.

I think on this thread, the car has been discussed and I don't think there was anything bad about its history (may be corrected by another member).

In terms of the Lexus Relax warranty, maybe have a read to yourself if you haven't already, just to see what it may or may not cover. High mileage shouldn't be an issue if its been cared for and I don't know of any issues that show themselves with our cars (yet)!

If it ticks your boxes and you do your checks on the car, then we'd love to welcome you over to F-club!

If other members don't add any useful info, I will have a scroll about in the mean time to see if anything comes to light 🙂

50 minutes ago, SuperNads said:

No reason to say no, nothing bad about its history. Only things I remember was it had a quick silver exhaust and some cosmetic mods front lip and side skirts.

The fact is that exact car was advertised privately for £31K before the dealer put it up by £6K. Yes that's his business to sell at a profit for living, but I really would find out what work was carried out by the dealer that warrants a £6K rise. I doubt much was done apart from a £10 hand car wash. Try negotiating the price. 

1 hour ago, SuperNads said:

I feel prices are on there way down and before long that £36k will buy you a newer lower mileage car (bearing in mind that there are worthwhile updates on 2017 on cars such as adaptive suspension as well as their cheaper tax from next year). High fuel costs and cost of living will likely accelerate this down turn even quicker. All that said, I know what it's like once you get something in your head...patience and logic disappear out of the window!!

Thank you for those replies.

The car being used to test exhausts does slightly concern me with repeated cold starts and redlines but isn't a deal-breaker. I agree that the car feels like a £30-32k car - it's just hard to know if the 2017-18 guys have any intention of selling in the next 6 months or so and whether they will be £40k+.

Oddly enough the high fuel prices seems to have done very little to the values of performance cars. I guess there's enough people who can afford it that maybe it doesn't matter as much?

I nearly commited to a Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio earlier this year but the mixed reliability does worry me especially out of warranty. My wife used to have a V8 Jaguar F-Type which we sold before our daughter was born and although I know the GSF isn't quite that dramatic sounding, we're both really missing the V8 burble more than we thought we would.

I don't even mind revving an engine to find the power as I have a Honda S2000 which is the ultimate power band car!

8 minutes ago, SuperNads said:

Thank you for those replies.

The car being used to test exhausts does slightly concern me with repeated cold starts and redlines but isn't a deal-breaker. I agree that the car feels like a £30-32k car - it's just hard to know if the 2017-18 guys have any intention of selling in the next 6 months or so and whether they will be £40k+.

Oddly enough the high fuel prices seems to have done very little to the values of performance cars. I guess there's enough people who can afford it that maybe it doesn't matter as much?

I nearly commited to a Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio earlier this year but the mixed reliability does worry me especially out of warranty. My wife used to have a V8 Jaguar F-Type which we sold before our daughter was born and although I know the GSF isn't quite that dramatic sounding, we're both really missing the V8 burble more than we thought we would.

I don't even mind revving an engine to find the power as I have a Honda S2000 which is the ultimate power band car!

We also wanted a ‘17+ Model for the AVS. I wasn’t too bothered about the lower VED but that was just a bonus. 

I think there were only about 20 cars registered from ‘17 and I don’t think I there are many owners registered on here. 

I’m  pretty sure the ‘66 plate for £42k on AT is a 17MY car, so will come with AVS, although not the lower VED. 

Good luck with the search. Hopefully the right car is not too far away. 

4 hours ago, SuperNads said:

I nearly commited to a Alfa Giulia Quadrifoglio earlier this year but the mixed reliability does worry me especially out of warranty.

Dodged a bullet, riddle with issues I'm afraid, got pictures of some with corroded ECU pins from water ingress, lovely cars but nothing more than eye candy for me.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links