Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

GS F owners UK

9 hours ago, Jgtcracer said:

Do GSFs hold a premium relative to similar RCFs?  Seems a tad rich

The GS F was a more expensive car when new and sold about 1/6 of the RC F numbers so there is a rarity value, but everything's still a bit rich at the moment with the used market.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 8/14/2022 at 10:48 PM, Jgtcracer said:

Do GSFs hold a premium relative to similar RCFs?  Seems a tad rich.  Bought my 2018 RCF with 10k miles well spec’d from them for £2k less than that asking price.

They do, and some of it is well deserved as they are on a dedicated platform (chassis) that is more modern, stiffer etc, whereas for the RCF they didn't have a suitable platform for a V8 coupe so they had to modify and combine three older platforms. GSF is also a bigger car and a bit better equipped, for example the TVD is standard.

Most people who have driven both seem to think the GSF is better to drive and of course the RCF got trashed by some big names (Chris Harris, Clarkson) which probably didn't help.

2 hours ago, Rob RCF said:

They do, and some of it is well deserved as they are on a dedicated platform (chassis) that is more modern, stiffer etc, whereas for the RCF they didn't have a suitable platform for a V8 coupe so they had to modify and combine three older platforms. GSF is also a bigger car and a bit better equipped, for example the TVD is standard.

Most people who have driven both seem to think the GSF is better to drive and of course the RCF got trashed by some big names (Chris Harris, Clarkson) which probably didn't help.

In contrast Clarkson and Harris were full of praise for the GSF...which might seem odd as they use the same power train, but dynamically they are reported to be very different. 

Also the practicality of a large 4 door saloon and as already its rarity comes into play. To my eye, the interior design and quality seem to be better on tne GSF.

On 8/10/2022 at 10:35 AM, ironrose said:

Is this the same one that was on sale recently when Jay em reviewed it, well it boomeranged and back at lexus Swindon with a "Premium"

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202208098624123?atmobcid=soc3

that is one amazing car - hard to find one that good isn't it? 

5 hours ago, Pielight said:

In contrast Clarkson and Harris were full of praise for the GSF...which might seem odd as they use the same power train, but dynamically they are reported to be very different. 

Also the practicality of a large 4 door saloon and as already its rarity comes into play. To my eye, the interior design and quality seem to be better on tne GSF.

Yeah, I like the GSF and probably would have gone for one if I wanted the larger size and rear doors. I wanted a 2 door coupe though.

I kept hearing that the GSF's interior was nicer, but really after seeing it in person I think it's quite similar. The seats are identical and there's plenty of leather, suede and carbon in both. The GSF might be a little nicer in quality, but I prefer the more sloping design of the dash in the RCF which reminds me of a 90's NSX.

Edited by ColinBarber
  • Like 2

On 8/30/2022 at 8:33 AM, hockeyedwards said:

Everyone has their price!

You should have said this three months back before I parted my money for one of the last V12 beasts.. not that I regret getting it.. 

7 hours ago, ironrose said:

You should have said this three months back before I parted my money for one of the last V12 beasts.. not that I regret getting it.. 

I would only sell the GS F if I had secured an LFA 🤣, but if I magically had the money for that car, I would guess I should be able to afford both? 🤔

I love my F so much, has come back as my daily for the past 6ish months and it is just everything I want!

NA anything is hard to get these days!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hockeyedwards said:

I would only sell the GS F if I had secured an LFA 🤣, but if I magically had the money for that car, I would guess I should be able to afford both? 🤔

I love my F so much, has come back as my daily for the past 6ish months and it is just everything I want!

NA anything is hard to get these days!

Same here. The V8 and V10 sections of the stable are reserved for GSF and the LFA. The I4,V6 and V12 have been filled with relatively exclusive ones. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, hockeyedwards said:

GS F owners meet anyone? 🤷‍♂️

All 12 of us... 🤣

Well it would be nice to see another....in 33 months of ownership I've yet to see one other in the flesh!

7 minutes ago, Killysprint said:

My vote is to have it in Newcastle 

I'm from up there (now in Peterborough) so might be able to tie that in with a family visit. After meeting up could do a run up to Hartside summit for the ultimate photo shoot...weather permitting of course!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links