Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

ODOMETER LANGUAGE

Yes ofcourse.

The meter have option about range,average,cluster.

But all comes in Japanese.

How to change it ?

What is average in city and highway in litres ?

1 hour ago, ADEE said:

Yes ofcourse.

The meter have option about range,average,cluster.

But all comes in Japanese.

How to change it ?

It sounds like your car is a JDM import like mine. You probably can't change the language without swapping out entire modules and even that isn't guaranteed to work, especially on a newer car like a 2010. 

1 hour ago, ADEE said:

What is average in city and highway in litres ?

This question makes no sense

FWIW mine is a JDM import Harrier, most of the controls and buttons are english but the computer that shows cruise distance and fuel consumption is in japanese, however I suspect it's actually been reprogrammed to some degree for the uk market. The cruising range is shown as km but in reality it almost exactly matches the cruising range in miles. Took me quite a while to figure this out. Not sure why they do this, maybe it's too expensive to change the language of the module but changing the ratio between the tyres and the range counter isn't a big deal. No idea what the deal is with the fuel consumption readouts because I never look at them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, m4rkw said:

The cruising range is shown as km but in reality it almost exactly matches the cruising range in miles. Took me quite a while to figure this out.

I imagine the speed signal has gone through a 1.6 divisor, it's a cheap way to 'convert' the vehicle to mph.

• 1 year later...
On 3/25/2021 at 2:31 AM, m4rkw said:

It sounds like your car is a JDM import like mine. You probably can't change the language without swapping out entire modules and even that isn't guaranteed to work, especially on a newer car like a 2010. 

This question makes no sense

Hello ! How to get good average in city ? Now presently giving 12.3 kml

3 hours ago, ADEE said:

Hello ! How to get good average in city ? Now presently giving 12.3 kml

I think you're fairly close to a fair consumption level.

12.3 km/l = 28.93 mpg, and 28mpg in city driving is not unusual.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links