Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is it possible to get comfy ride in a 2010 IS250?

On 4/6/2021 at 10:19 AM, Linas.P said:

This is just stereotype, there is no statistical correlation between brand and driver being moron. I assume more powerful RWD cars are being driven like powerful RWD cars could be a factor, but certainly not specific car brand.

I find most of the idiots seem to be driving POS cars - diesels in a lot of cases like the 118d in the news recently for the wrong reasons  People driving high end BMWs with 300bhp+ seem to drive more reasonable in my experience, they don't really have anything to prove as they have ample power under the bonnet they just don't act like morons about it

Hey Eric. Come to Rochdale. Here there are hundreds of the Powerful beemers mercs audis ferraris that are driven by morons as you put it. Plenty of V8 burnouts donuts too. Us Northerners ROCK. Quite often, so I don't feel left out, I floor my is250 just coz I can 😇

• Like 1

23 hours ago, toffee_pie said:

diesels in a lot of cases like the 118d in the news recently for the wrong reasons

Here you blowing single even out of proportions, the same person would have done the same thing in literally any car. Has nothing to do with it being BMW, it could have easily been Toyota Prius or Honda Civic or literally anything else.

In some strange way I do agree with you, but I just do not consider 1-Series to be BMW (in my mind it is still New Mini), so maybe that is why I do not associate morons with the brand. Probably, the issue we discussing here are related to "hot hatches" and BMW 1-Series is technically "hot", because I tend to associate stupid behaviours with hot hatches. I would blame this on insurance - for young people it will always be cheaper to insure hatchback than say sport coupe, meaning that all young and "hot headed" people get hot-hatches and that is the result.

In other countries where insurance situation is better you see same issues with all powerful cars and not specifically hatches, but in UK I ten to agree hatches are main issue and BMW just happens to be leading maker in that segment.

On 4/5/2021 at 10:59 PM, toffee_pie said:

German cars is done to the death on many forums, the fact of the matter is they are putting profit before quality - BMW are churning out about 40 types of cars now it seems everything from 1 series to  8 series and M/////Power variants and everything in-between with grills exponentially increasing in size, so quality control has nose dived big time but profits are up and that is all they care about at the end of the day. BMWs also seem to be driven by morons, a recent tragic news incident just another episode

I wouldn't touch a BMW with a barge pole, give me a 300k mile LS460 it will get me to Mongolia in comfort without breaking down, a BMW wont

I would take a ISF over any performance BMW also, I know it wont be draining my bank balance

I've touched a few BMW's with a barge pole and currently have one that Toyota borrowed the engine from to stick in their most prestige sporty motor (and I don't mean the Yaris GR )...........fancy that :wink3:

That doesn't make me a moron btw, more you for such a sweeping statement.

• Like 1

On 4/9/2021 at 8:01 PM, toffee_pie said:

I find most of the idiots seem to be driving POS cars - diesels in a lot of cases like the 118d in the news recently for the wrong reasons  People driving high end BMWs with 300bhp+ seem to drive more reasonable in my experience, they don't really have anything to prove as they have ample power under the bonnet they just don't act like morons about it

Talk about a blast from the past. Did you miss us? 🙂

22 minutes ago, Shahpor said:

Talk about a blast from the past. Did you miss us? 🙂

erm not really no. 😀

I answered the OPs question so just doing my bit for the community is all.

16 hours ago, doog442 said:

Yaris GR

That would be Mazda as well 😄 But I actually interested to hear about how BMW Supra goes, hope you didn't get 2.0 version?!

I have owned my IS250 for over four years. It has been a surprisingly fun car to drive, and incredibly reliable. The IS250 with 17" wheels has a firm ride .... the UK's crumbling roads are the main problem 🙂. The ride is tolerable, but I feel every bump and defect on the road surface.

12 minutes ago, is250darren said:

I have owned my IS250 for over four years. It has been a surprisingly fun car to drive, and incredibly reliable. The IS250 with 17" wheels has a firm ride .... the UK's crumbling roads are the main problem 🙂. The ride is tolerable, but I feel every bump and defect on the road surface.

18 wheels, 55 profile and Michelin ?

1 minute ago, royoftherovers said:

18 wheels, 55 profile and Michelin ?

That would not clear front arches. Probably 17 and 55 profile at best. But again it depends what tyres, I had Dunlop RT with 67dB and the car was really comfortable. 

Both mk2 and mk3 has specific issue where suspension crashes over obstacles if they are perpendicular to road, for example bridge joints, speed bumps and what is very common in UK - facilities tends to cut trenches on the road for pipes and wires and then patch them very poorly. For some reason this sort of surface is worse for Lexus and I don't know why. For example if you hit pothole only on one side then IS250 absorbs that very well, but if both wheels hits obstacle at the same time it is very poorly absorbed. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links