Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fuel panic!

Mincey

1 hour ago, toffee_pie said:

I don't think government's are filling us in on the finer details here, anyone who thinks that EVs are used for the environment couldn't be more wrong, but people are not having the same unbiased opinion as myself and are listening to mainstream media and governments, my suspicion is that government's have trillion dollar agreement's with auto manufacturers to roll out EVs for the 2030 UNECE sustainable development plan but it's not for the environment.. it's for Identity and control of people.

Couldnt agree more. Just one example.. Where i live its a bit of swampland and until 15 years ago we were literally surrounded by tens of thousands of frogs. The noise at night was incredible. And here it is... they are gone! nowhere to be found! I do understand if 1 frog leaves, or 10. But all of them? Coincidence?? dont think so!!!11!!!

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

Couldnt agree more. Just one example.. Where i live its a bit of swampland and until 15 years ago we were literally surrounded by tens of thousands of frogs. The noise at night was incredible. And here it is... they are gone! nowhere to be found! I do understand if 1 frog leaves, or 10. But all of them? Coincidence?? dont think so!!!11!!!

Perhaps someone has frogmarched them off Bernard ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I put in 35.43L, @ £1.639/L.

Its amazing that with the slightest incident going on that petrol is increased, I am pretty sure that what is going on in the west has no significant impact to where Shell or BP source petroleium but if you threw rotten eggs at their HQ they would probably use that as an escusre to raise prices too - if the roles were reversed and there was nothing going on do you think they would drop prices back to £1.4/L for 99RON fuel so quickly

7 minutes ago, toffee_pie said:

I put in 35.43L, @ £1.639/L.

Its amazing that with the slightest incident going on that petrol is increased, I am pretty sure that what is going on in the west has no significant impact to where Shell or BP source petroleium but if you threw rotten eggs at their HQ they would probably use that as an escusre to raise prices too - if the roles were reversed and there was nothing going on do you think they would drop prices back to £1.4/L for 99RON fuel so quickly

If you want them to reduce the price of fuel Eric, then (you and others) don`t buy it............and watch what happens.

Easier said than done, I know, but it is demonstrably true.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

It will continue going up.

In a week here from 1.25 to 1.34.

But so does electricity, liquid gas etc. etc.

We have to use less, or accept to pay more and more.

A cybnic would say its the UNECE 2030 mainfesto playing out - the drive to get rid of combustion cars

Have you noticed all these 'green zones' appearting in cities in England it seems each week, they are gradually making it impossible to drive a normal car -- roads cut in half to make way for bikes - in 2030 its entirely fesilbe that the plan will have worked, EVs will give governments more authority and control. 

22 hours ago, dutchie01 said:

Pied_piper.jpg

Perhaps the Pied Piper of Hamelin mistook frogs for rats.

• Haha 2

Prices of especially aluminium, wheat, oil, gas and petrol will increase rapidly over the next weeks. Alu and wheat from ukraine and oil and gas from Russia. then followed by oil derived products like plastics and basically everything else because of increased productioncosts. The uncertainty and economical instability will influence everything else. Again, everything else. We are entering an unknown now whilst still suffering from chaos in supply chains due to covid. We can thank Russia for that. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, toffee_pie said:

A cybnic would say its the UNECE 2030 mainfesto playing out - the drive to get rid of combustion cars

Have you noticed all these 'green zones' appearting in cities in England it seems each week, they are gradually making it impossible to drive a normal car -- roads cut in half to make way for bikes - in 2030 its entirely fesilbe that the plan will have worked, EVs will give governments more authority and control. 

EV's will not be popular that long.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Disregarding what's going on in my mother's homeland prices of not just petrol have gone up on just about everything and it's been going up for over 6 months. I've noticed the cost of living going up steadily this past year even. But definitely prices of gas and wheat will rocket up soon enough I think.

• Like 1

Regarding EV's. I don't think they'll be forced on anyone. They can't be forced because we are in a democracy. The only way EV's can be forced on us is if we live in a system were we are dictated in All aspects of life. Not even Chinese people are forced to drive an EV. The only vehicle that I can think of are those micro sized cars. Me? I won't be forced to have an EV and I'm not the only one I'm sure. 

As in another thread I think this one has been infiltrate by a troll. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

Regarding EV's. I don't think they'll be forced on anyone. They can't be forced because we are in a democracy. The only way EV's can be forced on us is if we live in a system were we are dictated in All aspects of life. Not even Chinese people are forced to drive an EV. The only vehicle that I can think of are those micro sized cars. Me? I won't be forced to have an EV and I'm not the only one I'm sure. 

As in another thread I think this one has been infiltrate by a troll. 

From what I can see they are forced upon people, it's getting gradually more and more of a challenge to run a petrol car, it's no coincidence that Government's want all EVs by 2030, that aligns perfectly with the UNECE sustainable development manifesto. In case you weren't aware the sale of perfectly normal combustion engine cars are banned then

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

They play a big part, but our own stupid politicians help a lot.

In this case i really see the blame on the eastern front and nowhere else. Gas went up 50% and oil is expected to go to 130 usd per barrel. This would not have happened if Putins boys would have stayed at home.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

In this case i really see the blame on the eastern front and nowhere else. Gas went up 50% and oil is expected to go to 130 usd per barrel. This would not have happened if Putins boys would have stayed at home.

Oil companies are very quick to hike up costs however, if tides were turned and two weeks from now Putin offered an olive branch to the world and everyone is living happily ever after - do you think petrol will magically drop down to £1.3/Litre...  

For crying out loud what a load of sheeyte is being sprouted. 2030 the SALE of NEW cars is due to be banned, however this may change. In 2030 I will be able to buy a 2025 petrol car of my choice NO PROBLEM. Get your e f f i n facts right toffee pie. Jeez there's some folk on forums who know jack**** for fact and miss read facts. Sorry if I upset you normal folk. 🍻

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, toffee_pie said:

Oil companies are very quick to hike up costs however, if tides were turned and two weeks from now Putin offered an olive branch to the world and everyone is living happily ever after - do you think petrol will magically drop down to £1.3/Litre...  

That is not how pricing is established. its about supply and demand. Once the supply chain is disturbed it can take a long time before balance is restored which equates in high pricing. Russia is the petrolstation of the world and any hike in supply from them will have a big effect on world markets.

44 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

Electricity started going up 2 months ago. Gasoline 1 month ago. It is tragic that countries are in the hands of fools and lunatics.

2 hours ago, toffee_pie said:

the thing is they are literally forced upon everyone

When enough find out that charging is a problem and getting expensive and batteries start to fail, politicians will reconsider as they fear losing votes.

49 minutes ago, toffee_pie said:

Have you only just fallen into that fact? 😀

33 minutes ago, toffee_pie said:

A used one, certainly not a nice reliable V6

Why won’t he be able to buy a nice reliable V6 petrol used car in 2030?

He might not be able to afford to run it but they certainly will be around. 😄

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

When enough find out that charging is a problem and getting expensive and batteries start to fail, politicians will reconsider as they fear losing votes.

Anyone with a brain can see the mindless drive to a 100% EV society is doomed to failure but politicaints are only interested in $$$$. They dont have the tax payer in mind and never did, remember when they said diesel was good? I ignored them when I could hear and see the stink that disel cars were letting off and bought a Lexus, then a Mercedes V8, then my Subaru... all sweet petrol cars and if you were to compare a modern petrol car to a EV car over say 5 years there would not be much difference between them on a emissions point of view - the tail pipe emissions of the petrol car would be competing with fossil fuel from the EV each times its charged up as well as the fossil fuels involved in all the lithium mining and manufacture of the vehicle itself which is why petrol cars in the UK contribute nil towards total greenhouse gases worldwide.. well its not nil,  its around 0.000002 percent or so

Toyoda San is the president of the Japanese auto manufacturers association and he had this to say 

Electric cars, Mr. Toyoda pointed out, are only as clean as the electricity that powers them and the factories where they are built. Japan, Toyota’s second-biggest market, plans to go carbon neutral by 2050, but as long as it continues to rely on fossil fuels to generate electricity, he said, the vehicles’ environmental benefits will remain a mirage.

Japanese automakers are “hanging on by their fingernails,” he added, and if Japan mandated a shift to all-electric vehicles — which have fewer components and are easier to manufacture — it could cost millions of jobs and destroy a whole ecosystem of auto parts suppliers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links