Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fuel panic!

Mincey

They have already reported that the waring factions have had meaningful talks with the energy industry and have a deal ready……would that be “oven ready”?

As you say, we’ll see. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Malc said:

Then see where this gets us before talking of Nationalisation etc which of course we know just never works in reality 

Then encourage the Falklands and Brazil to begin sensible measured development of their indigenous oil and gas fields ...............  to flood the world once again with cheap energy ..  but from a " safe " source :whistling:

Malc

With regards to privatised essential public services/utilities, such as railways, water, gas and electricity, which of these could be said to be working in reality?

Regardless of the pros and cons of nationalisation, there's an argument that the natural resources of a country should belong to the people of the country, and used primarily for their benefit, rather than for profit and the benefit of shareholders.

The private sector is by far the most appropriate option for many things, and the public sector for others. In a functioning society they both have a place.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bluemarlin said:

which of these could be said to be working in reality?

none for sure BUT exactly the same as if being nationalised 

the natural resources of a country should belong to the people of the country, and used primarily for their benefit, rather than for profit and the benefit of shareholders.

then all the UAE oil stays there for the benefit of the shareholders anyway ..........  the ruling Emirs .......  oh, and the global oil majors doing the extractions, their Balance Sheets etc 

................AND the people of the Falklands will be immensely wealthy individuals no doubt

In a functioning society they both have a place.

But sadly the     " functioning society "     rarely functions well !  and the dysfunctional society and both privatised and nationalised entities are so dysfunctional too

There's no easy answer I'm sure

Ah I know  .........  ask Alexa :wink3:

Malc

• Like 1

Good idea. What did Alexa say?

Edited to add: UAE exports 66% of it's oil, whilst still being able to manage zero income tax, free healthcare, and free university education for its citizens. Under those conditions I don't think people mind a bit of profit taking by Emirs and shareholders 😉

Good idea. What did Alexa say?

Edited to add: UAE exports 66% of it's oil, whilst still being able to manage zero income tax, free healthcare, and free university education for its citizens. Under those conditions I don't think people mind a bit of profit taking by Emirs and shareholders 😉

Something tells me they would not tell anyone if they would mind..

• Like 1

Whether people realise it or not, we are at war. But, it's not a conventional war fought with bombs and bullets; it's much more insidious.

The WEF is employing a dangerous blend of information and psychological warfare to reshape society and achieve its core objective; The Great Reset.

The worst part? The general public is mainly unaware it's even happening.

Over the past couple of years, we've all witnessed these tactics and experienced their power first-hand. I'm talking about the psychological manipulation that allowed previously unthinkable policies like lockdowns, travel restrictions, masks, and medical mandates to be applied on a massive scale worldwide. 

The fear-driven hysteria generated by government behavioural psychologists not only had people complying with these policies but also voluntarily policing the behaviour of others.

We are already beginning to see these exact strategies deployed again. A prime example is how the WEF are whipping up climate alarmism to drive their net zero agenda and using governments they've infiltrated to implement their policies at an alarming rate. All with the support of a public who has been terrified by relentless propaganda designed to convince them the world will end if we don't cut our Co2 emissions.

A treasury document shows energy companies will make excess profits of up to 

Billion over the next 2 years

Billion

lets have a strong beer, whiskey and digest this a bit more

BILLION

This Energy war is nothing more than propaganda to fuel this entire crisis that we are seeing, to cause further panic in global markets - they say they want to crash the US Dollar well they are doing a very good job and have 8 years left

This is not a 'cost of living' crisis - its global orchestrated disruptions in the western world expertly executed by the powerfully built dictators running the WEF

Who here has signed up to this net zero policy? anyone-- no hands, anyone at the back?

No body signed up for net zero, governments very kindly signed us all up to this, ditto to the decommission of perfectly normal combustion engine cars. Its controlled corruption on a grand scale

3 hours ago, toffee_pie said:

A treasury document shows energy companies will make excess profits of up to 

Billion over the next 2 years

I think that before descending into a paroxysm of faux rage, a note of caution might be appropriate.  As far as I can determine, this particular nugget originated in an article published by Bloomberg on the 30th August. 

Since then the original and rather more circumspect statement has grown into the simplistic and much repeated claim above.

The Bloomberg article does not claim the existence of a ‘treasury document’.  In fact it turns out to be a figure that may be attained ‘according to a person familiar with the matter, who asked not to be identified discussing internal calculations.’

Which seems to me to be about as far from being a ‘Treasury Document’ as one could find.  In fact, the Treasury says ‘It doesn’t recognise the figures’.

Be that as it may, it’s an enlightening example of how an unsubstantiated statement by an unidentified source is believed by some to gain credibility by repetition. 

Of course, it may be correct.  Events in the next two years may well prove it to be an accurate forecast.  In which case no doubt there will be strenuous efforts to part these ‘energy companies’ from their ‘excess profits’.  

But in the event that this prediction proves to be merely alarmist and prejudiced, will those guilty of having spread it be equally strenuous in publishing their fulsome apologies?  

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-08-30/uk-predicts-up-to-170-billion-excess-profits-for-energy-firms

5 hours ago, LenT said:

I think that before descending into a paroxysm of faux rage, a note of caution might be appropriate.  As far as I can determine, this particular nugget originated in an article published by Bloomberg on the 30th August. 

Since then the original and rather more circumspect statement has grown into the simplistic and much repeated claim above.

The Bloomberg article does not claim the existence of a ‘treasury document’.  In fact it turns out to be a figure that may be attained ‘according to a person familiar with the matter, who asked not to be identified discussing internal calculations.’

Which seems to me to be about as far from being a ‘Treasury Document’ as one could find.  In fact, the Treasury says ‘It doesn’t recognise the figures’.

Be that as it may, it’s an enlightening example of how an unsubstantiated statement by an unidentified source is believed by some to gain credibility by repetition. 

Of course, it may be correct.  Events in the next two years may well prove it to be an accurate forecast.  In which case no doubt there will be strenuous efforts to part these ‘energy companies’ from their ‘excess profits’.  

But in the event that this prediction proves to be merely alarmist and prejudiced, will those guilty of having spread it be equally strenuous in publishing their fulsome apologies?  

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-08-30/uk-predicts-up-to-170-billion-excess-profits-for-energy-firms

But Len, Jimmy Cagney never said "you dirty rat" yet never apologised, far more important 🤣

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, LenT said:

Coincidentally, just heard an interview on the Radio 4 Today prog. with a Bloomberg representative who was saying that gas prices have been coming down.  The interviewer, if I heard her correctly, stated that they were now 220% of what they were before Russia’s invasion. 

Presumably this would require a revision of the ‘treasury document’?

10 hours ago, toffee_pie said:

Whether people realise it or not, we are at war. But, it's not a conventional war fought with bombs and bullets; it's much more insidious.

The WEF is employing a dangerous blend of information and psychological warfare to reshape society and achieve its core objective; The Great Reset.

The worst part? The general public is mainly unaware it's even happening.

It's hardly a secret, The Great Reset is on the WEF's website.

Nor does it appear to be insidous. It seems to be a reasonable set of suggestions to address changes and opportunities for the benefit of most people. If anything, it seems to be saying that we could utilize capitalism, and both public and private investment, in ways that might benefit the wider society, rather than just a handful of individuals and corporations.

Now, people may agree or disagree with it's proposals and principles, but it doesn't seem any more nefarious than any other socio-political worldview or set of goals. It's just ideas and suggestions, based on present and future realities and challenges. The kind of thing think tanks are supposed to do.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LenT said:

Coincidentally, just heard an interview on the Radio 4 Today prog. with a Bloomberg representative who was saying that gas prices have been coming down.  The interviewer, if I heard her correctly, stated that they were now 220% of what they were before Russia’s invasion. 

Presumably this would require a revision of the ‘treasury document’?

Was that "only" 220%😎

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, LenT said:

With the bills going up £100 a day it seems make of the 'leaked' document what you will, but I dont trust the government for anything, or the BBC, or Sky... 🤔

If you see any of the war news stories in Sky you will find many have no more comments allowed, or comments are closed - what happened to free speech? there isnt any as it doesnt fit the propaganda narrative set out by these news outlets, most cetainly funded by third parties, either go along with it or be shunned.

1 hour ago, Phil xxkr said:

Was that "only" 220%😎

where do I sign up and lock my self into these prices. 🙄

5 hours ago, Bluemarlin said:

Now, people may agree or disagree with it's proposals and principles, but it doesn't seem any more nefarious than any other socio-political worldview or set of goals. It's just ideas and suggestions, based on present and future realities and challenges. The kind of thing think tanks are supposed to do.

You can disagree as much as you like but on the other hand you cant argue that everything  the so called tin foil hat people are saying is actually, like you know happening.

I dont believe the covid data and never did - many FOA information has been raised on the government website as others too have concern and I dont believer that either - case in point, someone asked how many people died from vacciens and they said

15 deaths

Up toJanuary 2022

And these are not normal vaccines, they are indemnified against legal procesution jabs with no long term safety data

So I put in another FOA request over a month ago and said how many covid injury payments were made - which basically are payments if someone is severely ill or dead from vaccines - they can pay the family.

I have not got a response.

1 hour ago, Phil xxkr said:

Was that "only" 220%😎

Not as I recall Philip.  😊

Seeing as how it was the Today programme, I suspect she may have been upset enough having to concede the direction of travel without commenting on the rate!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, toffee_pie said:

I dont believe the covid data and never did...

I'm impressed that you even manage to keep up.  I suspect that the Covid data resource is growing on a daily basis, what with all the on-going research and the new vaccines being developed almost as fast as new variants are appearing.  So it's understandable that it can get to be a bit bewildering.

For example, as I have previously noted, you have in the past relied on the Yellow Card reporting system to cite vaccine-related Adverse Reactions.  And yet you have ignored the main finding of the Report.  Namely:

Vaccines are the best way to protect people from COVID-19 and have already saved tens of thousands of lives. Everyone should continue to get their vaccination when invited to do so unless specifically advised otherwise.

You are obviously free to choose what you believe, but it may be a mistake to believe only what you choose!

21 minutes ago, LenT said:

Vaccines are the best way to protect people from COVID-19 and have already saved tens of thousands of lives. Everyone should continue to get their vaccination when invited to do so unless specifically advised otherwise.

Says the BBC, Sky, CNN and other media sponsored by third parties - I always err on the cautious side, particularly when dealing with multiple new drugs rushed out in record breaking time that have no legal recourse - hence my FOA request that is still unanswered. taking so long.

The ONS are reporting excess deaths way above normal levels - I wonder why that might be, you would imagine deaths to be going down with 40 or so million people vaccinated against covid, the ‘experts’ even crossed off deaths during the hot weather period we had down to heatwave, really – seems a bit far etched. Can imagine scores of people dying across the far east, Australia, India and African now due to heat

If the vaccines are so good and the deaths so low you should think the payments made in the FOA request would be low and that information easy to obtain, I can fish out information on products my company makes going back years and it won’t take me a matter of minutes - and we make a lot of products

Free speech is good, asking questions is good - unless you are not allowed question anything which is the direction you seem to take and not just you.

30 minutes ago, toffee_pie said:

Says the BBC, Sky, CNN and other media sponsored by third parties…

Just to clarify any possible confusion you may have inadvertently introduced with this comment, I should emphasise that the quote you selected did not come from any media organisation, but was the main conclusion of the Yellow Card reporting system commenting on the efficacy of Covid vaccinations.

To reiterate:

1 hour ago, LenT said:

I hope that resolves any confusion.

2 hours ago, toffee_pie said:

You can disagree as much as you like but on the other hand you cant argue that everything  the so called tin foil hat people are saying is actually, like you know happening.

Not really, the tin foilers said Ivermectin was a cure that was being suppressed by the mainstream media. Turns out it was bollocks, being promoted with false data by highly paid consultants for drug companies.

As for the the WEF and the Great Reset. What are they saying?  They're saying it's a secret plan, only it's so secret that the WEF publish it on the internet for the whole world to see. They're not revealing any secrets, or hidden agendas, just publishing publicly available information, and then try to spin it into a scare story.

As a matter of interest, given your distrust of the regulated media, which media do you trust? What are your sources of information that are immune to manipulation and falsehoods?

Perhaps you could start a Great Reset thread as, whilst it's an interesting subject, worthy of debate, it's a little off topic for this thread.

So, on a more relevant note, unleaded is still around £1.71 and upwards here but, on a visit to Lexus Guildford this morning, prices in most petrol stations seemed to be around the £1.66 mark.

• Like 1

Question for who knows the answer. In my industry it is strictly forbidden to agree price increases with your competitors thus forming a cartel. If proven companies can get fines in percentage of turnover and guilty executives can end in prison. Oil seems to have different rules with the oil cartel doing it in the open without any form of punishment. Why?

Not really, the tin foilers said Ivermectin was a cure that was being suppressed by the mainstream media. Turns out it was bollocks, being promoted with false data by highly paid consultants for drug companies.

As for the the WEF and the Great Reset. What are they saying?  They're saying it's a secret plan, only it's so secret that the WEF publish it on the internet for the whole world to see. They're not revealing any secrets, or hidden agendas, just publishing publicly available information, and then try to spin it into a scare story.

As a matter of interest, given your distrust of the regulated media, which media do you trust? What are your sources of information that are immune to manipulation and falsehoods?

Perhaps you could start a Great Reset thread as, whilst it's an interesting subject, worthy of debate, it's a little off topic for this thread.

So, on a more relevant note, unleaded is still around £1.71 and upwards here but, on a visit to Lexus Guildford this morning, prices in most petrol stations seemed to be around the £1.66 mark.

The great reset in simple terms mentions 2030 - a lot, it’s when the EV revolution will kick off in earnest amongst other thing in 2030, they are saying the world will be a wonderful place what they are not saying is that the world will be a society where governments have control of people like never before - hence the phrase you will own nothing
So, what is going on? Control is what is going on

Covid, they say has been an exercise in control and where better to start this than China which knows all about it - the powers that be at the WEF who apparently have governments at fingertips have rolled the dice and seen how easy is it to get control of western society - which is what happed - see my post above - wearing masks, lockdowns, getting jabbed up with as many drugs as needed, ones that have no legal recourse without even batting an eye lid.  mRNA vaccines are only used in western society also - This is where the population reduction is done - when covid was rife all deaths were due to covid, afterwards when the vaccines have been rolled out all deaths are due to 'other diseases' not the vaccines, even the weather was blamed - and the ONS are reporting around 1k excess deaths a week as of now.

Electric cars fall into this as well - control. They are digital devices and far easier to control, the wheels themselves are controlled by brushless dc motors – driven by pwm all going back to a ECU or multiple ECUs so monitoring and controlling these signals is relatively easy so we will ultimately have a situation in 2030 where governments will have more control than whoever is driving it. 

You think they are for net zero and they have zero tail pipe emissions, sorry to bring bad news but you need to actually manufacture them and that’s where it goes downhill, fast and net zero is more trash used to brainwash people into thinking the world is ending - besides cars / automobiles account for around 10 percent of global greenhouse gases themselves so what’s the panic - go after the other 90 odd percent, isn’t that what any sane person would do and not heckle everyone in England to go green leasing out EVs they cant afford especially when combustion cars themselves in England contribute less than 1% of all greenhouse gases worldwide.

They are saying also there will be a central western currency - more control - to do this the dollar needs to crumble and this is only possible with dramatic crashes in the economy and stock markets and they are doing an excellent job on this also and have 8 years left

Millions of pensioners will see as much as 20 per cent wiped off their retirement income after a court ruling delivered a bitter blow to gold-plated company schemes. Pension scheme trustees on September 1 lost a High Court battle to protect millions of their members from a change to inflation …

No surprise it’s the government again

The government considered postponing the transition to 2025, but former chancellor Rishi Sunak agreed that there would be no change until 2030.

So, you will own nothing - not even a pension it seems

50 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

Question for who knows the answer. In my industry it is strictly forbidden to agree price increases with your competitors thus forming a cartel. If proven companies can get fines in percentage of turnover and guilty executives can end in prison. Oil seems to have different rules with the oil cartel doing it in the open without any form of punishment. Why?

industryweek_4861_bribery_graphic_promo.

Not really, the tin foilers said Ivermectin was a cure that was being suppressed by the mainstream media. Turns out it was bollocks

They also said the government stocked up on midazolam which wasnt bollox. I have been told by someone working in a care home that everyone was told to record all deaths as covid, irrespective of what aliments patients had. My mom back in Ireland has dementia, however despite that she was well enough to engage in conversation with me every week that was until she got jabbed, she has been mute since a few weeks after her first jab, god knows how many more they gave her and one of my tasks now is to visit her before she passes away

Number of prescriptions for the drug midazolam doubled during height of the pandemic
Powerful sedative prescriptions doubled at the height of the coronavirus crisis
Prescribing of the drug midazolam increased by more than 100% in April
Whistleblowers also claimed to have witnessed misuse of sedatives

2 hours ago, Bluemarlin said:

Guildford this morning

ah the Stockbroker Belt ...  you should be paying more ..  you, you,  ........... wealthy bankers and the like ............:wink3:

E5 164.9 here at tescos and 1

1 hour ago, toffee_pie said:

go after the other 90 odd percent, isn’t that what any sane person would do

• Like 1

Just now, Malc said:

E5 164.9 here at tescos and 1

sorry, my aged finger slipped and i pressed  " GO " before i finished  .....  now, the added 1p off for the Tesco points too

1 minute ago, Malc said:

go after the other 90 odd percent, isn’t that what any sane person would do

so does anyone have the contamination , climate change degradation figure for Chernobyl, Fukuishama and the upcoming Ukraine Nuclear power station that's going to explode and cover much of South Russia too ....... killing a few million more Ruskies I'll warrant ...........

it's these figures alone that might just outweigh any problems coming from my 4ltr V8 and other car emissions 

Can we have that figure please from someone somewhere do you think ........  it's quite important methinks :yes:

Malc

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links