Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Shipping Time

20 hours ago, Su145 said:

Ordered my F Sport Premium pack mid Feb and have finally been notified that they are building my car!  Might be here for Xmas hopefully.

Don't hold your breath Susan. Once its left the factory it takes a good couple of months to transit to the UK, move up to Derby then finally arrive at your dealer. Any answer from the dealer as to why it took so long to get to be built considering your order was placed in February? My Premium Plus was placed in March and is expected in November. Build started in August.

22 hours ago, Su145 said:

Ordered my F Sport Premium pack mid Feb and have finally been notified that they are building my car!  Might be here for Xmas hopefully.

Keep you fingers crossed that the build up to Christmas doesn’t result in any delivery delays.

It appears that time from “in build” to the dealer receiving cars can vary from anything from 8 to 12 weeks. My NX went in to build 24th May, left the factory (meaning on a ship) 6th June and was delivered to my dealer 20th July. 

9 hours ago, daniel304 said:

Hello, I've been lingering but just took delivery of a 2023 ux250h f sport design and thought I'd share some photos for those waiting for the same model.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

Nice Daniel. Welcome.

Cheshire Oaks ?

Tell us about yourself and previous cars.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Nice Daniel. Welcome.

Cheshire Oaks ?

Tell us about yourself and previous cars.

Hi Roy,

It was actually at Bolton.  Previously I had a Corsa (04), Audi A3 (07), Mercedes C (10), Mazda 6 (13), Toyota RAV4 (19) and now the Lexus UX (22).

The Mazda was a car I loved so much, it made me decide to stick with Japanese manufacturers. That car put in 140k miles and never once broke down or had any issues. Nothing broke, nothing wore out. Loved the RAV4, so decided to move across to Lexus and get a feel for it. Very impressed so far, everything is familar but a little more plush and satisfying. The gunmetal touches are lovely, the alloys, f sport badge and logo on the steering wheel give it a really classy feel.

What about you?

34 minutes ago, daniel304 said:

Hi Roy,

It was actually at Bolton.  Previously I had a Corsa (04), Audi A3 (07), Mercedes C (10), Mazda 6 (13), Toyota RAV4 (19) and now the Lexus UX (22).

The Mazda was a car I loved so much, it made me decide to stick with Japanese manufacturers. That car put in 140k miles and never once broke down or had any issues. Nothing broke, nothing wore out. Loved the RAV4, so decided to move across to Lexus and get a feel for it. Very impressed so far, everything is familar but a little more plush and satisfying. The gunmetal touches are lovely, the alloys, f sport badge and logo on the steering wheel give it a really classy feel.

What about you?

Thanks for the history Daniel.

I started with an old 1948 Morris Minor. Then a 1965 Hillman Imp-a disaster, then a new Beetle, followed by Type3 1600E VW Fastback, another Fastback, Nissan Sunny, Nissan Bluebird, Volvo 244 GLT AutoEstate,Merc W202 Diesel,Merc W202 Diesel Auto Estate, Merc W202 Petrol Auto Estate, Merc W210 Auto Estate-which I still have@260,000 miles and which I`m looking to dispose of and finally my 2010 Lexus GS450h which I`ve had for 12 years. Plus others which were family cars and shared with Mrs Roy (and latterly Children) including Daihatsu Charade Diesel, Volvo 440 GLT, Audi 100 5 POT DIESEL,Toyota Yaris Auto and 4 Mazda 2 (inc CX3) and all Autos.

Like you the only cars which were trouble free have been ALL of the Japanese ones. The Lexus is the best car (in every sense of the word ) that I have ever had.The W210 Merc has been very good but not outstanding like the Lexus.

I went to Bolton to test drive one of their 450h`s before I bought from Chester.

Good to have you with us Daniel. Do join in the discussions.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Thanks for the history Daniel.

I started with an old 1948 Morris Minor. Then a 1965 Hillman Imp-a disaster, then a new Beetle, followed by Type3 1600E VW Fastback, another Fastback, Nissan Sunny, Nissan Bluebird, Volvo 244 GLT AutoEstate,Merc W202 Diesel,Merc W202 Diesel Auto Estate, Merc W202 Petrol Auto Estate, Merc W210 Auto Estate-which I still have@260,000 miles and which I`m looking to dispose of and finally my 2010 Lexus GS450h which I`ve had for 12 years. Plus others which were family cars and shared with Mrs Roy (and latterly Children) including Daihatsu Charade Diesel, Volvo 440 GLT, Audi 100 5 POT DIESEL,Toyota Yaris Auto and 4 Mazda 2 (inc CX3) and all Autos.

Like you the only cars which were trouble free have been ALL of the Japanese ones. The Lexus is the best car (in every sense of the word ) that I have ever had.The W210 Merc has been very good but not outstanding like the Lexus.

I went to Bolton to test drive one of their 450h`s before I bought from Chester.

Good to have you with us Daniel. Do join in the discussions.

The Volvo 244 GLT estate is such a classic. My dad had one in the early 90s! You've had some great cars there.

• Like 1

https://global.toyota/en/newsroom/corporate/38118276.html

Interesting info on November production schedules for various Toyota plants. The Kyushu Miyata plant where the UX is made will only be suspending production on 2 Saturdays in November, the same as was the case in October. Some other plants are suffering much more from semiconductor component shortages. I believe only one shift is run on Saturdays so the drop in production numbers will be less than for weekday suspensions which run two shifts.

In the US some NX models are being delivered without features like ML audio systems which would normally be a standard part of certain packs. Hopefully UXs sold in the UK will have all the normal set of features for each model variant.

7 hours ago, Navnan2 said:

Exchanging my 2020 UX Premium Plus with Sun roof for an equivalent 2023 model this afternoon. I will update you on my initial impressions shortly.

@Navnan2 Congratulations Barry you've been really lucky to find a 2023 model. There seem to be very few in the UK and the Takumi I ordered two weeks ago is expected on 30/9/23.

Would be interested to know if you find the ride comfort has improved. My impression is that it has possibly due to the extra body stiffness, tweaks to the suspension or the new Bridgestone runflat tyres.

On 10/20/2022 at 9:40 AM, Navnan2 said:

Don't hold your breath Susan. Once its left the factory it takes a good couple of months to transit to the UK, move up to Derby then finally arrive at your dealer. Any answer from the dealer as to why it took so long to get to be built considering your order was placed in February? My Premium Plus was placed in March and is expected in November. Build started in August.

I have now had notification that my car has left the factory. Does anyone know how I can track it on its journey to Portbury?

On 11/1/2022 at 8:42 PM, Roger Bill said:

@Navnan2 Congratulations Barry you've been really lucky to find a 2023 model. There seem to be very few in the UK and the Takumi I ordered two weeks ago is expected on 30/9/23.

Would be interested to know if you find the ride comfort has improved. My impression is that it has possibly due to the extra body stiffness, tweaks to the suspension or the new Bridgestone runflat tyres.

Hi Roger, only had the vehicle a few days and I'm not a driver that throws his vehicle around and I haven't noticed any difference to be honest. Mind you I like my music and never had issue with the 2020 model I had previously regards handling and tyre noise. I will post some other observations on this thread shortly.

• Like 1

First impressions of the MY2023 after owning a MY2020. Both models being the base with premium plus package and sun roof.

Starting with the Multi Media. Previously I had a 7 inch screen MM19 with sat nav but the current spec gave me the 12 inch MM21 and sat nav. Visually a tremendous improvement over the previous. I wear glasses and struggled with the lettering on the maps on the old environment but the new it is so clear now. There are things I miss with the old environment. No home screen so no multi function display. I liked seeing a map, radio station and tank range all on the same screen but now you are only able to see one subject displayed at a time. Flipping between the Lexus environment and Android auto for me is more convoluted in the new environment, mind you I'm less likely to use Google maps I suppose with the improvement of the Lexus environment map function.

Now the new features I've noticed on the latest model. I like having the electric seats, Blind spot monitoring is great, auto dipping passenger side mirror when reversing, electric steering wheel adjust and memory.

I kept my boot liner from the earlier model and when I popped it into the new model it didn't fit. Looks like a significant bulge at the rear left side at the back. An additional speaker? I will trim the liner to fit so no big deal. 

I fortunately paid the price for a 2022 model so less than the current 2023 list price. So that is very pleasing initially. The implication though is my car tax has jumped significantly as its over a 40K car now. Also I'm confused what to do with the GAP insurance and the dealer was a little unsure what I should do about this. Clearly the insurance company use my sales invoice for valuation so God forbid if I had an accident and the car is written off I won't get enough to replace new for old.

That's it for now, hope this of interest.

• Like 2

@Navnan2 Thanks Barry. Like you I'm not a driver that throws cars around. Comfort rather than road holding is my main priority. Glad you're finding the new, larger infotainment screen to be a big improvement, I felt the same but I only had a short test drive, much better to have the opinion of an owner.

Susan, from my experience you car might already be on the ship, I looked at ships that were uk bound around the date you had message, I found Virgo Leader had left a couple of days before my message date, a bit anoraky but I quite enjoyed tracking it around to the Suez canal and up into the Med. it will probably stop off in Livorno.

Unless dealer gives you the actual ship its a bit hit and miss to start with but I narrowed it  down by looking at the ships specification and ruled out anything but vehicle carriers.

I ordered my car on 6 Jan and picked it up early July but I assume your will be the 2023 spec.

Bill D.

• 3 weeks later...

https://global.toyota/en/newsroom/corporate/38299175.html

From these Toyota production schedules for December it seems like component shortages might be less of a problem than in previous months.

This video presents data for the full year. I wasn't really concentrating when I watched it but I confess to being somewhat confused by the analysis - I feel it'd have been better summarised with a couple of simple graphs showing planned vs actual vs normal production monthly volumes. Maybe I missed something.

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve visited this thread several times in 2022, now I’ve got my UX thought I would detail progress dates of my order fyi although maybe not relevant for current orders. 
Order placed at dealer 25/2/22 expected delivery then was end July start August! Lexus link updates 7/9/22 started building car, 26/9/22 finished building car, 28/1022 on its way (ie at portbury), 15/11/22 has arrived 

22/11/22 picked car up from dealership - a palindromic date to remember for my first Lexus a UX F Sport originally ordered with premium plus pack but all those extras are now standard as car is a 23 MY. 

BTW dealership honoured original deal re. Pricing,  trade in, incentives, PCP figures within £150 of original quote sweet!

1 hour ago, Weatherwax said:

I’ve visited this thread several times in 2022, now I’ve got my UX thought I would detail progress dates of my order fyi although maybe not relevant for current orders. 
Order placed at dealer 25/2/22 expected delivery then was end July start August! Lexus link updates 7/9/22 started building car, 26/9/22 finished building car, 28/1022 on its way (ie at portbury), 15/11/22 has arrived 

22/11/22 picked car up from dealership - a palindromic date to remember for my first Lexus a UX F Sport originally ordered with premium plus pack but all those extras are now standard as car is a 23 MY. 

BTW dealership honoured original deal re. Pricing,  trade in, incentives, PCP figures within £150 of original quote sweet!

Hi Wendy, glad you you have your MY23 at the MY22 deal. may I ask what you have done regards insurances? I was treated the same as you i.e. MY23 for a MY22 deal. I have indicated to my driving insurance company the price of a MY23 as a valuation. I have dithered about taking out GAP insurance as that would require a copy of my purchase invoice if I had to make a claim which shows a MY22 purchase price. This would leave me some thousands out of pocket if I wanted a brand new replacement so pondering is it worth it.

Hi Wendy @Weatherwax Many thanks for posting that info. I ordered my Takumi on 20/10/22 and delivery date on the paperwork is 30/9/23. However, I'm checking with the dealer each month and the latest suggested delivery date is July/August which would match your overall timescale.

2 hours ago, Navnan2 said:

I have dithered about taking out GAP insurance as that would require a copy of my purchase invoice if I had to make a claim which shows a MY22 purchase price. This would leave me some thousands out of pocket if I wanted a brand new replacement so pondering is it worth it.

Only if you take out GAP insurance on a return to invoice basis.

Some GAP insurers also allow an option to cover a full replacement new vehicle.

4 hours ago, RXtoNX said:

Only if you take out GAP insurance on a return to invoice basis.

Some GAP insurers also allow an option to cover a full replacement new vehicle.

Hello Paul, my previous GAP insurer indicated their cover was based on the invoice. I didn't realise there was full replacement whatever the current listed price so maybe I should look around. Cheers, Barry

Barry, try ALA, they offer GAP replacement car cover and are usually very competitive, especially if you search for discount codes.

I’ve used them 3 times but fortunately never had to claim so, from experience, I can’t tell you what they are like if you have to claim but I have seen decent reviews in that respect

https://www.ala.co.uk

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links