Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX 2022 delivery date

5 hours ago, isleaiw said:

Prices are set by supply and demand once you get past new RRP situations. 15 months ago I bought an Audi (I know forgive me but I was getting rid of a BMW...) and paid about £10k less than list. I can now sell it to WBAC for more than I paid for it.... due to supply and demand....

There are Porsche dealers with lightly optioned Macan S at £80k, that is a £65k to £68k RRP car depending on options....maybe even less!

The black one says non VAT qualifying which means it has been out of the trade I think. So not a dealer looking to flip at a profit, they have bought from someone for some reason (who knows what) and have added a margin. You dont have to buy....

Perfectly aware of the supply and demand market we're currently in but still think it's a proper ***** take, regardless of the company taking advantage of the situation. 

However, I do enjoy it benefiting me on my trade in and being able to get £3.5k more than I paid for it two years ago!

I usually buy nearly new so this is the first time I've ordered and happy to pay under list and wait patiently for my new car to arrive...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Caspa said:

Perfectly aware of the supply and demand market we're currently in but still think it's a proper ***** take, regardless of the company taking advantage of the situation. 

However, I do enjoy it benefiting me on my trade in and being able to get £3.5k more than I paid for it two years ago!

I usually buy nearly new so this is the first time I've ordered and happy to pay under list and wait patiently for my new car to arrive...

There you go then, win win. Impatient so and so's can pay for the privilege, others can adjust buying accordingly. I'm likely to dispense with my Audi and manage with the Mini for a few months until prices get more sensible and supply improves and see if I can get a win win too. 

Although at the moment I cant make my mind up whether to go all electric (Model Y), have one last hurrah with a decent petrol engine (probably an x3 M40i) or go for the half way house (450h+ F sport). Maybe I will dump the Audi and see how my mood takes me!

I love that you think they are taking the ***** charging more but not giving you more..... I bet if a dealer was that inconsistent with you it would not go without reaction 😉

• Like 2

No inconsistency as I didn't say it wasn't a ***** take both ways, just that I enjoy being able to benefit from the situation by changing my purchasing habits and buying new for the first time. 

If I was doing nearly new as usual the two inflated prices would balance eachother out somewhat.

1 hour ago, Pm4 said:

Meanwhile, prices are up again today, my 450h is now £3400 more than when I ordered in September, adding to increasing prices of second hand. 

Yeah, my 450h+ F Sport is up another £1,500 on the base price... The Takumi package has been reduced to £3,000 from £4,500 so looks like they just moved the £1,500 over! What a ***** take lol...

I don’t know if its unreasonable or not.  I bought 2X1litre and 1X2.5 litres of fairly ordinary paint yesterday and with 25% off they came to £108.  Things are sky rocketing and now with Putin's antics, they stand to go a lot worse.  This scratch free paint on the Lexus is fantastic but I dread to think what it costs.  Don’t get me wrong, I don’t want to pay any more but the price increases might be justified if you consider the supply chain.

Just now, Don C said:

I don’t know if its unreasonable or not.  I bought 2X1litre and 1X2.5 litres of fairly ordinary paint yesterday and with 25% off they came to £108.  Things are sky rocketing and now with Putin's antics, they stand to go a lot worse.  This scratch free paint on the Lexus is fantastic but I dread to think what it costs.  Don’t get me wrong, I don’t want to pay any more but the price increases might be justified if you consider the supply chain.

Yes, bottom line is raw materials are increasing. I work in plastic and base raw materials have increased up to 65% in the last 12 months. 

Recycled Plastic we used to buy for £700 a tonnes is now £1100, most other grades are the same.....and we buy big volumes direct! Combine that with energy, transport costs, labour costs all on the up and it is no real surprise tbh..... 

We have increased our prices to our customers ( Tesco, Aldi, B&Q etc) by up to 25% in last 12mnths...... It is bonkers and it is only going to get worse!! 

37 minutes ago, Don C said:

Not familiar with lexus scratch free paint, is it special or exclusive to Lexus on all models?

Hi new to Lexus. Has anyone been pushed into the £40k luxury tax by the rise in the car price? Although Lexus will honour the ‘old’ price, I will now have to pay the luxury tax because of the higher list price when it’s eventually delivered and registered. Very annoying because I compromised on the options to keep it under £40k. Any thoughts? Thanks!

2 minutes ago, HH74 said:

Hi new to Lexus. Has anyone been pushed into the £40k luxury tax by the rise in the car price? Although Lexus will honour the ‘old’ price, I will now have to pay the luxury tax because of the higher list price when it’s eventually delivered and registered. Very annoying because I compromised on the options to keep it under £40k. Any thoughts? Thanks!

(I ordered the NX 350 premium pack with 14” screen in November and hoping for delivery in May)

7 hours ago, Pm4 said:

Not familiar with lexus scratch free paint, is it special or exclusive to Lexus on all models?

I was a bit sceptical when I read about it but the last NX didn’t have and spider webbing even in the brightest sun, it was blemish free.  The paint is finished with a self healing lacquer that reforms over a scratch.  It’s why you should never polish your Lexus, only wax it. I’ll find you a pdf on it, bear with me.  

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Don C said:

I was a bit sceptical when I read about it but the last NX didn’t have and spider webbing even in the brightest sun, it was blemish free.  The paint is finished with a self healing lacquer that reforms over a scratch.  It’s why you should never polish your Lexus, only wax it. I’ll find you a pdf on it, bear with me.  

I can’t find it but this is the RX pdf which has the same clear coat.

Screenshot 2022-02-22 at 22.01.39.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HH74 said:

(I ordered the NX 350 premium pack with 14” screen in November and hoping for delivery in May)

I too ordered NX 350h with premium pack  just before January price increase, to keep price just below£40k. I have been told by dealer, and after contacting Lexus via chat on one of their on line media blogs, that this price will be honoured on collection  (August / September is rough estimated delivery) and that the luxury car tax will not be payable.

see discussion (it was a bit drawn out!) here https://mag.lexus.co.uk/new-lexus-nx/comment-page-6/#comments

7 hours ago, Biffo said:

I too ordered NX 350h with premium pack  just before January price increase, to keep price just below£40k. I have been told by dealer, and after contacting Lexus via chat on one of their on line media blogs, that this price will be honoured on collection  (August / September is rough estimated delivery) and that the luxury car tax will not be payable.

see discussion (it was a bit drawn out!) here https://mag.lexus.co.uk/new-lexus-nx/comment-page-6/#comments

Hi could you possibly put up the direct link so it's easier to find the exact comment regarding luxury Car Tax.  Thanks

I wouldn’t be confident that the luxury car tax would be avoided under these circumstances. Please see attached DVLA Vehicle Excise Duty form.(V149). It clearly stated the duty to be paid is established using the manufacture’s list price at the time of first registration. ( ie not at the point of purchase)  With all the recent price rises from Lexus this would mean all new Lexus NX not currently registered will now be over the 40k threshold at the point of registration. 

v149-rates-of-vehicle-tax-from-1-april-2021-for-cars-motorcycles-light-goods-vehicles-and-private-light-goods-vehicles.pdf

• Like 5

3 hours ago, forbes said:

Hi could you possibly put up the direct link so it's easier to find the exact comment regarding luxury Car Tax.  Thanks

That was the direct link to the page with the comments which is as far as you can go...

Just scroll down and you'll see the below.

Screenshot_20220223-105256.thumb.png.3a1ab2c123d317d593aae49e51fbf7b0.png

23 hours ago, RXtoNX said:

Nothing to get anywhere near excited about yet but had a call from the dealer informing us that Lexus are, as of this week, still saying June delivery for ours (ordered 31st Jan).😉

Which model have you ordered ? 
I am only a week behind so fingers crossed 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links