Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX 2022 delivery date

10 hours ago, Alan Thompson said:

Back to Android Auto............. can anyone who has now taken delivery tell me what connections there are please USB-A, USB-C?

It's the USB A connection for AA, the USB C ones are power only. 

And just seen this was answered already, so I really need to read the new posts before quoting others lol. 

• Haha 1

I didn’t notice anything on my test drive.   The car is so well insulated it’s a bit like a vacuum chamber…..  not that I’ve ever been in one.  

It was very nice, put it that way.  I’m usually quite conscious of such things.   

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mitadoc said:

I am thinking to buy private plates. Not sure if it is too early.

Naa, not too early as you can just buy it and keep it on retention for now. 

Putting on and off a car is easy as all done online, literally 5 minutes.

Also gives you time to get plates made up if you're looking for custom ones (recommend Demon Plates where I got mine). 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, ABitterman said:

Mine was ordered 15th Feb, 450+white F-Sport, premium plus pack and have been given a date of 18rh July. Also got the charger but unless there’s a miracle and it’s installed prior to the end of March I’m going to have to stump up the £350 rather than Rishi. Still better than the £1000 it would have cost. 

Ordered ours 31st Jan, delivery “sometime in June” but not holding my breath.

BG phoned Friday and virtual survey for wallbox installation booked for 10th March, so I don’t expect this to be installed in time before the expiry date of the grant, particularly since it is going to need a new 32amp supply from the house to the detached garage. (Current supply is only 16amp)

My dealer has asked Lexus what the situation will be re the £350 after 31st March since their T&C’s are unclear. Waiting for a response

11 hours ago, mitadoc said:

I am thinking to buy private plates. Not sure if it is too early.

Not too early since you can put it on retention as others have indicated. 
Also have a think about whether you want the car initially registering with the private plate or not. I always prefer the initial registration to be on the current age related plate and change them over afterwards. This way the car has its own registration identity which can be changed back again before sale since in 99% of cases the DVLA just re-issue the original registration plate. 
It’s a bit more of a faff having to inform insurance co, Lexus warranty, roadside assistance etc about the change in registration plates but your Lexus dealer should do everything for you other than insurance

23 minutes ago, Pm4 said:

Has anyone been able to negotiate any discount or free extras on a new NX? 

Cheers.

I tried without success, the explanation was - brand new model , plenty of interest.

Even the finance rate is 4.9%, compared to 1.9% of RX for example. Plus, being at the end of life, I was offered 8000 GBP discount for the RX as well. This is how the other thread started - get a facelift RX or brand new NX.

I hope this helps.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, RXtoNX said:

Not too early since you can put it on retention as others have indicated. 
Also have a think about whether you want the car initially registering with the private plate or not. I always prefer the initial registration to be on the current age related plate and change them over afterwards. This way the car has its own registration identity which can be changed back again before sale since in 99% of cases the DVLA just re-issue the original registration plate. 
It’s a bit more of a faff having to inform insurance co, Lexus warranty, roadside assistance etc about the change in registration plates but your Lexus dealer should do everything for you other than insurance

The Sales executive explained to me ( as I will be doing this for the first time) that even if the first reg of the vehicle is with the pirate plates, I will still be able to keep them in case of selling in future ( just at that time regular ones will be assigned - with the proper age).

1 hour ago, Pm4 said:

Cheers.

I got a £3k discount on mine. Had two dealers trying to secure my business, and I told them both that "I'd like a new car but I don't need one, so you'll have to make it so I can't refuse"...

They went back and forth a few times before I got the deal. 

Funnily enough, I felt the offers from the one I didn't go with were always provided through gritted teeth and were a real headache for them. 

39 minutes ago, mitadoc said:

The Sales executive explained to me ( as I will be doing this for the first time) that even if the first reg of the vehicle is with the pirate plates, I will still be able to keep them in case of selling in future ( just at that time regular ones will be assigned - with the proper age).

I'm with RXtoNX as think it's best to have a plate allocated and then change it, whether that's before or after handover (just make sure those plates are made of before). 

Only downside is having to inform the various companies and a potential insurance admin fee, but means your in control of taking it off as you have the old plate to whack on, and as I said, it's 5 mins online and done. 

• Thanks 1

I'm new to Lexus, but went for a test drive of a 350h Takumi in the week. Overall I was very impressed, but I found the fidgety ride and understeer on wet roundabouts a concern. I've owned BMW's with RFT before and I strongly suspect that the tyres are the culprit, but the dealer told me that RFT were the only option as they couldn't fit a space saver spare. It seems that only the FSport has adaptive dampers, which I find a bit strange? 

Has anybody had the dealer swop the tyres before delivery (perhaps with a can of 'gunk' in the boot) or swapped them post delivery and can comment on the ride and road holding?

They weren't prepared to offer any sort of discount on the car, so the cost of any new tyres and the risk of them not improving the ride, would clearly be down to me.

All comments welcome and TIA.

3 hours ago, Pm4 said:

Cheers.

I managed a £1500 “discount” via an improved offer on my RX, the value of which was already very generous, together with a £750 loyalty allowance, 3 years free servicing and free GAP insurance

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Cabby said:

I'm new to Lexus, but went for a test drive of a 350h Takumi in the week. Overall I was very impressed, but I found the fidgety ride and understeer on wet roundabouts a concern. I've owned BMW's with RFT before and I strongly suspect that the tyres are the culprit, but the dealer told me that RFT were the only option as they couldn't fit a space saver spare. It seems that only the FSport has adaptive dampers, which I find a bit strange? 

Has anybody had the dealer swop the tyres before delivery (perhaps with a can of 'gunk' in the boot) or swapped them post delivery and can comment on the ride and road holding?

They weren't prepared to offer any sort of discount on the car, so the cost of any new tyres and the risk of them not improving the ride, would clearly be down to me.

All comments welcome and TIA.

I would think adaptive suspension and dampers are optional extras on most mid size luxury vehicles, and so limited to FSPORT. I did not get a penny discount but got almost £2000 dealer add ons which include tyre and wheel cover. Not sure what that means but could help re. Tyres.

44 minutes ago, Starlight said:

I would think adaptive suspension and dampers are optional extras on most mid size luxury vehicles, and so limited to FSPORT. I did not get a penny discount but got almost £2000 dealer add ons which include tyre and wheel cover. Not sure what that means but could help re. Tyres.

Thank you Justin. Are you an existing Lexus owner? I wonder if the dealers are more prepared to offer something to existing owners?

I really need to decide this weekend as I understand the list price goes up on Monday (21st Feb) 😒.

58 minutes ago, RXtoNX said:

I managed a £1500 “discount” via an improved offer on my RX, the value of which was already very generous, together with a £750 loyalty allowance, 3 years free servicing and free GAP insurance

Seems a generous deal. Was that on a 450h+?

1 hour ago, Cabby said:

Thank you Justin. Are you an existing Lexus owner? I wonder if the dealers are more prepared to offer something to existing owners?

I really need to decide this weekend as I understand the list price goes up on Monday (21st Feb) 😒.

Sorry Cabby, my current car is not lexus but I had another vehicle brand on order which I showed them. So it is either that or Lexus? So it pushed them to move but not by much. I do regret that as I could have taken delivery of that vehicle now as my lexus order is delayed by 3 months.

1 hour ago, Ken R said:

Seems a generous deal. Was that on a 450h+?

Yes, 450h+

Apparently the £750 loyalty allowance applies to all current Lexus owners who take the PCP finance. I didn’t need any finance but fort he past 3 cars I’ve bought I take it out just to get the discount and settle the finance after 1 month of taking delivery

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Very,very annoying. I ordered the car last Saturday and it is still not built. And I check the status every couple of hours . Not sure how I will survive till end of September. 😜

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, RXtoNX said:

Yes, 450h+

Apparently the £750 loyalty allowance applies to all current Lexus owners who take the PCP finance. I didn’t need any finance but fort he past 3 cars I’ve bought I take it out just to get the discount and settle the finance after 1 month of taking delivery

Yes I have the loyalty offer and like you I settled after a month on pcp. The free servicing and gap insurance is a great offer. Will have to see what the dealer can offer me! 

37 minutes ago, mitadoc said:

Very,very annoying. I ordered the car last Saturday and it is still not built. And I check the status every couple of hours . Not sure how I will survive till end of September. 😜

Guess you are in for a long roller coaster ride. September is just around the corner.😀

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mitadoc said:

By June it will be every couple of minutes! 🤣

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Ken R said:

Yes I have the loyalty offer and like you I settled after a month on pcp. The free servicing and gap insurance is a great offer. Will have to see what the dealer can offer me! 

Re the free servicing and GAP insurance I just said to my dealer that I needed a bit more to get my signature today otherwise I need to go away & think about it. 
I then suggested why not give something that has a real value benefit to me but does not cost you much like free servicing. I also pointed out that I wouldn’t be taking the GAP insurance since I could arrange my own much cheaper. He went away & came up with the 3 years servicing and free GAP insurance if I would sign that day. It may have helped that it was 31st January (month end figures etc)

1 hour ago, mitadoc said:

At least you can see the order in the app... Feet/Lease order means i am not able to 😭😭😭

• Sad 1

I have just been in contact with my local Lexus dealer regarding an update to my order that was placed at the  end of November, my order was for an NX 350H with premium plus pack. I was told at the time of ordering that the expected delivery would be in May, the dealer has now informed me that the expected delivery date has been pushed back to July. In the next few weeks I will book at test drive in the 350H and see how it performs, my main concerns are road and wind noise. I have driven a Toyota RAV 4 Hybrid and was quite impressed with the comfort, but at motorway cruising speed  it seemed to pick up a lot of road noise. I know that the Lexus NX shares the same platform as the Toyota Rav4, so I am hoping that Lexus will be a little more refined.  I was informed by the Lexus salesperson that if I was not happy with the vehicle after the test drive I could cancel the order.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Lexnew said:

I have just been in contact with my local Lexus dealer regarding an update to my order that was placed at the  end of November, my order was for an NX 350H with premium plus pack. I was told at the time of ordering that the expected delivery would be in May, the dealer has now informed me that the expected delivery date has been pushed back to July. In the next few weeks I will book at test drive in the 350H and see how it performs, my main concerns are road and wind noise. I have driven a Toyota RAV 4 Hybrid and was quite impressed with the comfort, but at motorway cruising speed  it seemed to pick up a lot of road noise. I know that the Lexus NX shares the same platform as the Toyota Rav4, so I am hoping that Lexus will be a little more refined.  I was informed by the Lexus salesperson that if I was not happy with the vehicle after the test drive I could cancel the order.

If it's any help, a couple of days ago I tested a 450h which I should think is of the same quality as a 350h and it was the quietest cars I ever driven at any speed, and I have driven many mostly German made cars.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links