Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Subaru Exhausts

Well chaps I have been along to Lexus meets and seen all the modified Lexus cars but a new family have moved in 2 doors away and they have 2 Subaru Imprezas. When they go out early in the morning their exhausts would wake up the dead. Its like a plane taking off. I have not spoken to them yet but the cars appear to very noisy when reversing and they cough and splutter in a roaring sense when in reverse. Does anyone know about the legalities about noisy exhausts? My MOT garage told me that the Subarus are made like that and being noisy cars one has to put up with it. I know that 'failing to maintain an exhaust system' is a Construction and Use Offence. These cars are far noisier that any blown exhaust and the entire road are losing sleep when they go out early in the morning.

I can say that I found all the Lexus modified cars quite reasonable in the noise sense compared to these 2 monsters!

Bike exhausts need to be correctly stamped and meet noise limits for road use (or they are supposed to :ph34r: :P ) - do car exhausts have to follow similar legislation ?

My Impreza had a standard exhaust on and was louder than my IS with a HKS Hiper on it when it was on full choke.

I think it has something to do with the flat 4 engine configuration (burbling sound)

Yeah it's probably partly to do with the boxer engine.

They always sound like they're misfiring to me :duh:

Not like our silky smooth 6 pots... ( excepting Scott + co. :whistling: )

Couple that with a 'sports' exhaust and i reckon you're on to a loser.

Dont forget that all Impreza owners are clearly full on rally drivers :lol:

Obviously the loud exhaust is compulsory for all such celebrities :winky:

PS - No offence Chris ;)

Bike exhausts need to be correctly stamped and meet noise limits for road use (or they are supposed to :ph34r: :P ) - do car exhausts have to follow similar legislation ?

There are requirements for new cars and the SVA test has limits.

the reason that the imprezza exhaust is so burbleryryerehberry(?)

is the manifold is of an un-equal length, when an equal length manifold is fitted it removes completely the burbleryryerehberry(?)

noise

Both my scooby's were noisy! :P

There are requirements for new cars and the SVA test has limits.

This may be true, what tends to happen is that as soon as the vehicle comes out of sva centre the original items are put straight back on.

That's even if they had SVA they could be UK models, or imported before the changes were made.

Not much help I know

Could you not just ask them to take it a bit easier on the throttle.

Yeah it's probably partly to do with the boxer engine.

They always sound like they're misfiring to me :duh:

Not like our silky smooth 6 pots... ( excepting Scott + co. :whistling: )

Couple that with a 'sports' exhaust and i reckon you're on to a loser.

Dont forget that all Impreza owners are clearly full on rally drivers :lol:

Obviously the loud exhaust is compulsory for all such celebrities :winky:

PS - No offence Chris ;)

Ahhhh I don't mind I only had it 12 months just until my first Lex arrived

Thanks, obviously liking jap cars I want to be on good speaking terms with them, they may even turn up at one of the jap car meets. A 5 mtr long dropped kerb is now being put in by the council. They are also backing into the car park at the front of the house and leaving in forward gear, this in itself is less noisy. Still prefer the Lexus to the Subaru range.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links