Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS300h left for one week, now completely lifeless. Any ideas ?

Hi Paulrnx 

Here is my car this morning, the dealer marketing and a previous MOT, which are the only documents I have that I can produce currently, other receipts are in the loft which I cannot get access to at the moment. 

I guess do “take the biscuit” given I was unaware of ready mode. Nobody at three dealerships I have transacted with have ever mentioned it either.
I did say I was a car novice.

At least you can all have a laugh at me. 

regards

9706A394-5701-4C7D-A414-C7FEAAE8059A.jpeg

61355D1A-1DC7-4150-A062-EFF40017FA91.jpeg

8BD059AC-D630-4F90-B84F-76DE91077BC2.jpeg

Do you have breakdown cover on your car, AA, RAC or Lexus cover?

Even if you haven’t you can normally join and for an extra fee get them out straight away. From there if they can’t sort it at your home they will arrange transportation to the nearest garage or preferably Lexus dealership for further investigation and repair.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Asder said:

Hi Paulrnx 

Here is my car this morning, the dealer marketing and a previous MOT, which are the only documents I have that I can produce currently, other receipts are in the loft which I cannot get access to at the moment. 

I guess do “take the biscuit” given I was unaware of ready mode. Nobody at three dealerships I have transacted with have ever mentioned it either.

regards

9706A394-5701-4C7D-A414-C7FEAAE8059A.jpeg

61355D1A-1DC7-4150-A062-EFF40017FA91.jpeg

8BD059AC-D630-4F90-B84F-76DE91077BC2.jpeg

Well done Tom, an excellent car. Glad to have you with us.

Don`t be hard on Paul as he`s a good guy deep down under but, he`s still aggrieved that I`ve only pencilled his name into my World X1 to play Mercury away, next Summer!🤣🤣

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, rayaans said:

If its a 2014 model, I would strongly suspect parasitic drain from the radio 

Now you have me intrigued when you say for a 2014 model parasitic drain from the radio. Could you explain more - as I mentioned earlier I have a 2014 reg IS 300h but not had any problems so far and it's original 12V Battery and 110K miles and can still leave it for a week unused and it starts OK (well it did last time I left it for a week which was a few months ago). 

1 hour ago, Asder said:

I apologise for doubting you Tom and it's never our intention to laugh at anyone - the only silly questions are the ones never asked, so you'll hopefully find us a helpful bunch.

Any impatience on my part stems from the fact that, generally speaking, a car is a car is a car. However, a hybrid is so different from any other car one might have had before, you really need to read the manual from cover to cover. This is both for your own benefit to get the most out of the car and also learning what you can and cannot do so that you don't damage it.

Anyway, welcome to the club :thumbsup:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wharfhouse said:

Now you have me intrigued when you say for a 2014 model parasitic drain from the radio. Could you explain more - as I mentioned earlier I have a 2014 reg IS 300h but not had any problems so far and it's original 12V battery and 110K miles and can still leave it for a week unused and it starts OK (well it did last time I left it for a week which was a few months ago). 

Well, I have a sneaky suspicion that the reason our Battery kept dying on the IS was due to the radio not completely shutting off. This is why on some vehicles when the Battery is changed of that model year it konks the radio out and leaves a black screen

Or so that's the theory behind it according to the people across the pond

10 minutes ago, rayaans said:

Well, I have a sneaky suspicion that the reason our battery kept dying on the IS was due to the radio not completely shutting off. This is why on some vehicles when the battery is changed of that model year it konks the radio out and leaves a black screen

Or so that's the theory behind it according to the people across the pond

OK thanks - that's interesting - hadn't come across the radio causing a parasitic drain before - will keep an eye open if the Battery starts to give up in that case though all is ok at the moment - although I could change the 12V Battery myself (done it lots of times in other makes of cars) might leave it to Lexus for this car just in case and then let them sort out any issues if they occur...

2 hours ago, wharfhouse said:

OK thanks - that's interesting - hadn't come across the radio causing a parasitic drain before - will keep an eye open if the battery starts to give up in that case though all is ok at the moment - although I could change the 12V battery myself (done it lots of times in other makes of cars) might leave it to Lexus for this car just in case and then let them sort out any issues if they occur...

Be careful changing the Battery yourself. There are stories of the media head unit failing after a DIY Battery change.

10 minutes ago, paulrnx said:

Be careful changing the battery yourself. There are stories of the media head unit failing after a DIY battery change.

Yes, I think when it needs to be changed I'll go to Lexus - doesn't seem too much more than just the Battery on it's own for Lexus to change it. 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links