Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Betsy is being a little tease!

Mincey

I am trying to get the audio screen in the main screen of the home screen. The manual states it is possible. Betsy is clearly in a petulant teenage mood tonight as she will not let me select the main (Nav) segment of the home screen for Audio, only the left two mini segments. I don't want the map on the home screen. I want Audio! I don't want to have to keep pressing buttons whenever we go out on a jaunt together to see what's playing on Spotify. Surely, it can be done? I know I can use Android Auto but until my wireless doofer arrives early next year I really can't be bothered to take my phone out of my pocket and plug it in to Betsy's USB port. First World Problems yes, but the manual gives a clear indication that what I am lusting after is entirely possible. Any thoughts, my learned chums, or should I give the old girl a serious slap on the rump?

Proof it can be done (is Betsy Gen 10? She looks like it...)

However I don't get the Change Layout button:

image.thumb.png.f5bc0356005d265df0e4e5e06509b1a8.png

...and I cannot get the cursor to go into the main area:

image.thumb.png.5feee36a690379d53357e4f9849efb0d.png

I guess it's no big problem really. I just get slightly vexed when things are not like Ronseal.

I have no problem doing that but I have the large screen in the Takumi trim, it’s straightforward  in the set up menu. This might sound daft but have you tried simply pressing the radio or media button? That also sets the Home Screen on mine

1 hour ago, Derant said:

I have no problem doing that but I have the large screen in the Takumi trim, it’s straightforward  in the set up menu. This might sound daft but have you tried simply pressing the radio or media button? That also sets the Home Screen on mine

I'll have another go later and try that. I'm not going to let this beat me....

• Like 1

Looks the same system as my wife's UX and I had the same problem when I had a quick look at it. I'll have another play with it but I'm not sure it is possible.

The videos you have found aren't of help unfortunately - they are from a US vehicle which has different infotainment hardware/software.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Derant said:

Large screen here too, completely different menu layout after watching Mincey's video, not likely to be of much help. Sorry.

Only thing I can think of. Do you have an item under the setup menu called "auto screen change"? If so, and it's on, it auto switches to nav; I would guess that should be off to have a non nav main screen.

28 minutes ago, peniole said:

Large screen here too, completely different menu layout after watching Mincey's video, not likely to be of much help. Sorry.

Only thing I can think of. Do you have an item under the setup menu called "auto screen change"? If so, and it's on, it auto switches to nav; I would guess that should be off to have a non nav main screen.

Yes you are right, I switched that off so my screen stays on whatever I happen to have showing

33 minutes ago, peniole said:

3 minutes ago, Derant said:

Yes you are right, I switched that off so my screen stays on whatever I happen to have showing

I will take a look - thanks both of you 🙂

37 minutes ago, Mincey said:

Sadly that setting is not on. I guess it's just something I'll have to live with.

James,

Does the manual say you should be able to change this? (It looks like it based on your initial video).

If so, are you running the latest software revision? Might be worth checking with the dealer. Then raise a bug report with Lexus if necessary. The current infotainment software has a lot of bugs and this coupe be another one.

Paul

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PDM said:

James,

Does the manual say you should be able to change this? (It looks like it based on your initial video).

If so, are you running the latest software revision? Might be worth checking with the dealer. Then raise a bug report with Lexus if necessary. The current infotainment software has a lot of bugs and this coupe be another one.

Paul

The manual definitely states it can be done:

image.thumb.png.afeeed0b692f14bbfdc24422958d8bc4.png

It shows exactly what I want in the graphic! Next time I go out I'll make a note of the software version.

In your current setup can you replace the Audio section with the Climate section, that way Audio is not shown anywhere. Then go back in again and see if it then allows you to make Audio your main screen.

In my IS, if the option is already in a selected on the display it doesn't allow you 'move' it, you have make it unselected and then it allows you select where you want it to put it. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, MotorDevil said:

In your current setup can you replace the Audio section with the Climate section, that way Audio is not shown anywhere. Then go back in again and see if it then allows you to make Audio your main screen.

In my IS, if the option is already in a selected on the display it doesn't allow you 'move' it, you have make it unselected and then it allows you select where you want it to put it. 

Good call!

Edit: I thought this was the answer but even with eco in the top left and climate in the bottom left, it still does not let me choose the large main window to put anything in. The cursor will just not go in there. I think it's time to speak to the dealer!

20201214_125103.thumb.jpg.a2959945a54244b61a306e0f90b71dae.jpg

That I wish, but with all the travel limits it may not be possible to have family here for Christmas. Mainland Spain is hard hit, the islands here not so much, but maybe we will not have family coming here this year.

Oh, and this is what I have as standard screen on the CT.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links