Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

NX 350h and 450 PHEV all you need to know

Thanks. Interesting read. One thing jumped out - "Hybrid warranty : 5 years 60,000 miles" . This seems a bit different to the 15 years providing hybrid checks are carried out, that we are used to . Further investigation required?

Also run flats or can of goo instead of a spare wheel. That would rule it out for me.

Merry Christmas to all.

3 hours ago, 08ISF said:

Thanks. Interesting read. One thing jumped out - "Hybrid warranty : 5 years 60,000 miles" . This seems a bit different to the 15 years providing hybrid checks are carried out, that we are used to . Further investigation required?

Also run flats or can of goo instead of a spare wheel. That would rule it out for me.

Merry Christmas to all.

The entry level model has a spare wheel.   I’ve got a spare in my current model and I’ve carried one since 2006 but never ever used it.  All the remaining models have run flat tyres.  The hybrid warranty is 10 years and so is the vehicle warranty as long as it’s serviced at Lexus.  

No that spec sheet hasn’t been updated but the price list has.  They basically applied a blanket £1500 price increase to come into force on the 3rd of January.  The only way they can offer a sub 40k model to avoid tax implications is to introduce these FWD models.  There will be a market for them especially when compared to what else is available.    

On 12/24/2021 at 1:21 PM, Don C said:

No that spec sheet hasn’t been updated but the price list has.  They basically applied a blanket £1500 price increase to come into force on the 3rd of January.  The only way they can offer a sub 40k model to avoid tax implications is to introduce these FWD models.  There will be a market for them especially when compared to what else is available.    

Probably due to the great reviews posted in Europe and America fortunately I placed my order along with the deposit in November my dealership confirmed my price is locked in 

Lexus NX ESTATE AWD 
350h 2.5 5dr E-CVT [Premium Pack/Lexus link Special metallic - Sonic grey

The motoring press seem to indicate that all cars are responding to ever increasing cost of production and supply chain etc etc.  it’s a big jump but it’s the shape of things to come I guess.  

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/24/2021 at 4:27 PM, Ken R said:

As far as I was aware all UK spec MY22 NX models are AWD.? 

Lexus UK website shows FWD model as the entry level model. Add £1000 for the premium pack, then is 39250 and under 40k. Adding any other pack would incur luxury car tax, IMO.

I was wondering if you added packs and the price goes over 40k but the dealer discounts to bring under 40k, then would this incur any luxury tax?

48 minutes ago, solarpower said:

Lexus UK website shows FWD model as the entry level model. Add £1000 for the premium pack, then is 39250 and under 40k. Adding any other pack would incur luxury car tax, IMO.

I was wondering if you added packs and the price goes over 40k but the dealer discounts to bring under 40k, then would this incur any luxury tax?

Yes - the tax is on the listed prices, not what the final cost is.

• Like 1

The tax is based on the manufacture’s list price at the time of first registration & ignores any dealer discount. I have recently been down this route & discovered that it is not possible to buy a new NX loaded up with any additional packs without incurring the luxury car tax ☹️

• Like 1

1 hour ago, General Mess said:

The tax is based on the manufacture’s list price at the time of first registration & ignores any dealer discount. I have recently been down this route & discovered that it is not possible to buy a new NX loaded up with any additional packs without incurring the luxury car tax ☹️

@General Mess: Thanks, well, then I am right in interpreting that NX350h 2WD plus premium pack is the way to go to avoid luxury tax?

If you keep to the 2WD variant of the new NX300H with premium pack you can just sneak in under the 40k threshold with the option of adding some metallic paints too. Just be aware that if Lexus increase their list price again before you receive your new NX then the list price at the time of registration is what is used to calculate the tax & not the list price at the time of purchase . This could then result in you being liable for the luxury car tax. 👍

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links