Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Delays

beyond the blue

Pretty sure it's across the model range.  Someone I know ordered a NX350h around 18.1.2022 and has been told Sept 2022 !!!  

I guess Lexus feel demand will always be there so customers just have to wait.   Remember the 70's anyone when the UK had thousands and thousands of British cars lying around in fields.   Today we built to order and just in time production that has resulted in these massive lead times.  

ordered 14/01/2022, rang dealership yesterday as had not heard anything since playing the order. Was very vague with is answer, saying it should be July. Initially it was June. Did also say delivery times a yo-yoing at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...

Have chased up dealership regarding my order and delivery date, after waiting 10 days for a response to a call. All of a suddenly my order is now showing on "My Lexus" and the delivery time moved to September.

Initial order was placed  on 14th Jan 2022. Does it seem like my order may have been forgotten about?

30 minutes ago, kam said:

Have chased up dealership regarding my order and delivery date, after waiting 10 days for a response to a call. All of a suddenly my order is now showing on "My Lexus" and the delivery time moved to September.

Initial order was placed  on 14th Jan 2022. Does it seem like my order may have been forgotten about?

Mine didn’t show up for about a month on the app and then went into build. I did notice a time lag between the mobile app and the website page as well. hopefully if in build now then they have the parts to get it finished and delivered sooner. I am assuming it only goes into build when they have all the parts to complete it?

49 minutes ago, kam said:

I received a phone call from my dealer 5 weeks after placing the order to "check we have everything correct" I took that to mean the order was only just going in.

Just received notification my ES 300 Takumi ordered in October 2021  is due for dealer delivery March 18 2022

was able to track build and transit on the Lexus link app and emails from dealer advising me of progress.  

Of all the new cars I have had this is certainly the longest I have had to wait , but pleased with the communication fromLexus regarding the progress of my car order.

roll on March 18 🙂

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/18/2022 at 7:12 PM, Howard G said:

Hi,just been informed latest delivery date is now late July from late April,3 months!
Ordered 27th Nov,anybody else had same disappointment?

Cheers

Hi, I have just had an email from my dealership stating that my ES 300h Premium is now due to arrive to them in October from a previous date given of end of August. So another possible wait of 2 months, at least I will get the later registration which I was going to wait until September anyway.

1 hour ago, wecpc said:

Hi, I have just had an email from my dealership stating that my ES 300h Premium is now due to arrive to them in October from a previous date given of end of August. So another possible wait of 2 months, at least I will get the later registration which I was going to wait until September anyway.

I ordered my Premium edition in Feb and was  given a delivery time of August- it looks like this is unlikely to happen 

12 minutes ago, george72 said:

I ordered my Premium edition in Feb and was  given a delivery time of August- it looks like this is unlikely to happen 

Have you heard anything, or are you just being pessimistic?

Its quite interesting reading this thread. I would say none of your projected delivery dates are bad at all. Even September would only give you a time frame of 6 months.

We've ordered a VW Golf in December 2021. The estimated delivery is December 2022!

5 hours ago, rayaans said:

Its quite interesting reading this thread. I would say none of your projected delivery dates are bad at all. Even September would only give you a time frame of 6 months.

We've ordered a VW Golf in December 2021. The estimated delivery is December 2022!

In my case it would be from 7 months to 9 months, still at least Jaguar were quoting me 12 months plus for an XF and that it could be cancelled at any time, hence my switch to Lexus.

I heard yesterday that my order placed in mid January will slip from a March to a July build, with delivery mid-September - so 8 months from 4 months.  Not massively happy, but I appreciate it is out of the dealership’s hands. They also said that new orders made now are showing Feb/March 2023 for delivery. Yikes!

On 3/24/2022 at 4:12 PM, george72 said:

Well I was right... August delivery date has now changed to October! 

Gutted. 

• Sad 1

My end of July delivery date has been changed to mid-September and they said that several that were ordered at a similar time to mine (Dec 2021) were moved out to October...

1 hour ago, VengaBus said:

My end of July delivery date has been changed to mid-September and they said that several that were ordered at a similar time to mine (Dec 2021) were moved out to October...

Mine was also ordered Dec 21 heard nothing from my dealer Lexus Coventry.

going to be a long wait me thinks , fingers crossed we don’t get another price rise !!

19 hours ago, VengaBus said:

hi, may I ask which model of ES you had ordered?

Just had the phone call. My car, ordered Feb 14 and originally quoted July/August has now gone back to November/December. There has to be something seriously wrong with their delivery date predictions if they can slip to nearly twice the original forecast in less than two months.

26 minutes ago, Dippo said:

Just had the phone call. My car, ordered Feb 14 and originally quoted July/August has now gone back to November/December. There has to be something seriously wrong with their delivery date predictions if they can slip to nearly twice the original forecast in less than two months.

Recent earthquake in Japan has closed Toyota plants and a major chip supplier.

10 minutes ago, rayaans said:

Recent earthquake in Japan has closed Toyota plants and a major chip supplier.

On 3/24/2022 at 6:06 PM, NemesisUK said:

I realise there's been some disruption caused by events outside their control. However, my delivery date has been moved back five months. Even if you take out one month for annual factory shutdown, that comes down to four months. I haven't read anywhere that they've lost four months production due to earthquakes, or that their production will be down by 33% this year. As I said in my earlier post, I think there has been a problem with their delivery date predictions.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links