Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Delays

beyond the blue

44 minutes ago, george72 said:

A glimmer of hope

Just been contacted by my dealer who informs me that  "Oct 31st is when it is scheduled to arrive in the UK, it then has final checks at Burnastone before coming to us" -

What does this mean in terms of time before it reaches the dealership (Lincoln)?  Days? Weeks?

thanks

Mine was about a week once it arrived at the checking place. it went from Bristol docks to Derby Toyota site and then down to me.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, george72 said:

A glimmer of hope

Just been contacted by my dealer who informs me that  "Oct 31st is when it is scheduled to arrive in the UK, it then has final checks at Burnastone before coming to us" -

What does this mean in terms of time before it reaches the dealership (Lincoln)?  Days? Weeks?

thanks

Mine took 2 weeks from UK arrival to Derby for some checks and then another 2 weeks to the dealer with their checks and handover time. The extra 2 weeks was probably longer than normal due to all the new September registrations as my dealer said they were very busy.

• Thanks 1

On 9/26/2022 at 7:28 PM, wecpc said:

Mine took 2 weeks from UK arrival to Derby for some checks and then another 2 weeks to the dealer with their checks and handover time. The extra 2 weeks was probably longer than normal due to all the new September registrations as my dealer said they were very busy.

Collected mine today and had a pleasant drive home although it was raining and in the rush hour. The handover was OK, but I was disappointed not to get a handover gift that is normally customary, not even a bunch of flowers for the wife. When I bought my last car a Jaguar XE, I got a nice Jaguar umbrella and my wife a huge bunch of flowers. I will test out the other options on the car tomorrow, assuming it is still not raining. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Dippo said:

You need a Jaguar umbrella for all the times you're left standing in the rain at the side of the road waiting for recovery.

I know that Jaguars seem to have a poor reputation for reliability roughly in the middle of the various stats, but my last three cars all Jaguars have all been very reliable and have never let me down once, hence my umbrella has not even been used.

1 hour ago, wecpc said:

Collected mine today and had a pleasant drive home although it was raining and in the rush hour. The handover was OK, but I was disappointed not to get a handover gift that is normally customary, not even a bunch of flowers for the wife. When I bought my last car a Jaguar XE, I got a nice Jaguar umbrella and my wife a huge bunch of flowers. I will test out the other options on the car tomorrow, assuming it is still not raining. 

That's very bad service colin and will report that to the chief executive when I catch up with him 

• Thanks 1

Ordered November 2021, message received advising November 2022 is likely arrival. No tracking, no App updates, no notification it has entered build. After querying it has been confirmed it is a MY23 vehicle. Whilst confidence is low we will see what does occur! Having only paid £31.5k that is the only positive...

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, wecpc said:

Congratulations! Any chance of some photos 🙂

I'm due to be collecting mine this week but it has been a bit of a frustrating process. All the updates I have received are due to me chasing the dealer. Arrival in the centre, scheduling collection date/time, requesting the paperwork etc. The salesman that I initially ordered from had left and I think has been replaced by someone new, so i'll give him the benefit of the doubt. 

Hopefully collection day will make the wait worth it.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Aljaf90 said:

Congratulations! Any chance of some photos 🙂

I'm due to be collecting mine this week but it has been a bit of a frustrating process. All the updates I have received are due to me chasing the dealer. Arrival in the centre, scheduling collection date/time, requesting the paperwork etc. The salesman that I initially ordered from had left and I think has been replaced by someone new, so i'll give him the benefit of the doubt. 

Hopefully collection day will make the wait worth it.

I had exactly the same problems with my dealer with me doing all the chasing and as you say a very frustrating process. I will put some photos up shortly after I give it a clean as I picked it up when it was raining, so is just a little mucky.

I have just heard from Lexus Ipswitch (CarWow) that there is price increase coming on the 4th of October, advising to me order early to lock in the current price, but I told them I had just collected mine yesterday from Lexus Maidstone.

19 hours ago, fourbanks said:

That's very bad service colin and will report that to the chief executive when I catch up with him 

Thanks, as I was a bit disappointed because with all my last 4 cars, 3 Jags and a Vauxhall I always go something, especially as I paid full price for it, and I could have gone elsewhere as I had several CarWow offers with substantial discounts, but I wanted to buy locally. 

56 minutes ago, wecpc said:

I had exactly the same problems with my dealer with me doing all the chasing and as you say a very frustrating process. I will put some photos up shortly after I give it a clean as I picked it up when it was raining, so is just a little mucky.

I have just heard from Lexus Ipswitch (CarWow) that there is price increase coming on the 4th of October, advising to me order early to lock in the current price, but I told them I had just collected mine yesterday from Lexus Maidstone.

Am picking mine up from Lexus Ipswich on Saturday. Sounds like I just managed to avoid the additional road tax as any increase will take it over the £40k mark. 

• Like 1

was in a panic about the price rise and 40K tax threshold

Emailed my Dealer his response 

Don't worry, Lexus have said that this is the last time they will be able to keep the ES Premium Edition below the £40k bracket so you are ok

• Like 1

6 hours ago, george72 said:

was in a panic about the price rise and 40K tax threshold

Emailed my Dealer his response 

Don't worry, Lexus have said that this is the last time they will be able to keep the ES Premium Edition below the £40k bracket so you are ok

That sounds like some good news for a change! Mine is titanium with additional associated cost. I wonder if this will tip it over the tax threshold? 

26 minutes ago, Shotleyboy said:

That sounds like some good news for a change! Mine is titanium with additional associated cost. I wonder if this will tip it over the tax threshold? 

It would if you paid the full retail cost. 

Well, do you want the good news or the bad news?

firstly: Defying previous dealer predictions my car is on the way and should be with the dealer in mid-February if not before. Further, checked my figures once more and discovered that my premium edition with paint costs deducting tax and first registration fee comes to £5 under 40k, thereby avoiding the higher car tax rate! That is, so long as there is no price increase between now and when the vehicle is registered.

lastly, today Lexus prices went up by 3%!

• Sad 1

If it's on its way, then it should be with you well before February. Mine got onto a ship at the end of September, and my dealer is saying November delivery; I expect it will be late November, but that's still a lot quicker than you're being told.

3 hours ago, Shotleyboy said:

Well, do you want the good news or the bad news?

firstly: Defying previous dealer predictions my car is on the way and should be with the dealer in mid-February if not before. Further, checked my figures once more and discovered that my premium edition with paint costs deducting tax and first registration fee comes to £5 under 40k, thereby avoiding the higher car tax rate! That is, so long as there is no price increase between now and when the vehicle is registered.

lastly, today Lexus prices went up by 3%!

3 hours ago, Dippo said:

If it's on its way, then it should be with you well before February. Mine got onto a ship at the end of September, and my dealer is saying November delivery; I expect it will be late November, but that's still a lot quicker than you're being told.

Plainly I was “under the weather’ writing the above, it should read mid-November- you’re right therefore!

On 9/27/2022 at 8:21 PM, kam said:

Ordered 14th January, Checked on lexus.co.uk now in "Build In Progress". Finally

status is now "LEFT THE FACTORY". 

• Like 1

I collected my car on 29th September & I must admit my handover experience was flawless. 

Just over a week with the car and loving it. A step above anything I’ve ever owned.

Only complaint is I have a kid on the way so would have liked a bigger boot but this was ordered before any pregnancy so it’s no fault of the car! Plenty of room in the back for a child seat.

I thought I wouldn’t like the black alloys on the facelift as much as the smokey grey but I find they look better in person. 

22F3C537-D171-4652-8096-13963C59340F.thumb.jpeg.3b73bc6e1a55b9f3007073e5359b72e8.jpeg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links