Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Premium Edition vs Takumi

JDF

Hi owners. 

I am looking to upgrade to a es300h in a few months. Could i please pick your brains on the spec differences between the premium edition and the takumi?

From my understanding, the only differences are: 360 camera, hud, rear reclining seats, quality of leather and the camera mirrors(optional extra).

Am i right or wrong?

Have i missed anything?

Thank you for your help in advance 🙂

You mean the Premium edition, not the base ES with the Premium Pack?

If so the Takumi also has:

• a keycard in addition to the normal two key fobs
  • the 17 speaker Mark Levinson audio system
  • power boot with kick sensor
  • rear seat zone for the climate control
  • electric rear sunshade and the manually operated rear side window shades
  • memory seats - with easy entry sliding driver's seat
  • 10 way adjustable seats rather than 8 way
  • 4 way lumbar on the front seats, rather than 2 way
  • ventilated front seats
  • heated rear seats
  • active noise control
  • lateral performance dampers
  • pedestrian detection on the parking sensors
  • wood trim inserts
  • high quality leather (the Premium edition doesn't have leather at all, only Tahara fake leather)
  • ambient interior lighting
  • adaptive headlights
  • memory external mirrors with reverse tilt

• Like 1

Also, the active noise control is standard on all 2021 models and after, not just Takumi. That one I'm sure of.

The rear pedestrian detection, isn't than now included as standard safety kit on 2022s?

40 minutes ago, Dippo said:

You forgot the higher VED rate!

Yes you are right, lots of extra goodies on the Takumi, I am happy I have the Takumi but you do pay the higher VED……..although you can pay a lot more VED on some older Lexus models.

26 minutes ago, peniole said:

Also, the active noise control is standard on all 2021 models and after, not just Takumi. That one I'm sure of.

The rear pedestrian detection, isn't than now included as standard safety kit on 2022s?

Is it not active sound control that is standard? Mine does not have active noise control as far as I know.

56 minutes ago, peniole said:

See here

Are you saying that active noise control that uses noise cancelling via the radio speakers is standard? It doesn't mention anything in my manual about it. It does mention active sound control that uses a speaker to warn pedestrians of vehicle movement. I understood that active noise control uses microphones in the headlining and my 2022 model doesn't have those.

Here's the latest spec sheet, updated a month ago. States active noise control is not standard across the range nor the rear pedestrian detection - I think it is forward pedestrian and cyclist detection from the radar that is standard across the range.

As with any literature that comes from Lexus GB, errors need to be assumed.

220112M-ES-Equip-List-1.pdf 

Interesting document. I'm sure there must be a reason why all variants except the Premium Edition have 4 tie down hooks in the boot, but I'm not sure what it could be.

As @ColinBarber mentioned above, there could be errors and some things might be lost in translation as well.

This one made me chuckle "LED rear lamps and active brake lights" . I'd very much like ALL break lights in the entire world to be active... good thing on the ES they are indeed 😄

58 minutes ago, Dippo said:

Interesting document. I'm sure there must be a reason why all variants except the Premium Edition have 4 tie down hooks in the boot, but I'm not sure what it could be.

I think it is a mistake. My premium edition has 4 tie down hooks.

1 hour ago, e-yes said:

As @ColinBarber mentioned above, there could be errors and some things might be lost in translation as well.

This one made me chuckle "LED rear lamps and active brake lights" . I'd very much like ALL break lights in the entire world to be active... good thing on the ES they are indeed 😄

Active brake lights pulse when braking effort is high i.e. emergency stop, to alert following  drivers

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...

Having just changed my ES from 2018 premium edition  to the new 2022 Takumi edition I would agree with the comments of Colin. However I’d like to add some subjective views as well…..

The ride quality on the Takumi is subtly different I would say very slightly firmer ride. Due to the suspension and chassis change on the 2022 model. Which improves the cornering and handling whilst still maintaining  a smooth ride.

Subjectively it seems quieter inside when driving can barely hear the engine when accelerating.

I opted  for the digital wing mirrors , now there a thing . I like them now that I am used to them  but I suspect they’ll, be like Marmite love them or hate them but I’ll put a new post about these. 

If you like your sound and being an audio fan you will be  impressed with the Mark Levenson 17 speaker sound system when the sweet spot of volume is reached ( ~36 level volume control ). It’s an extremely smooth and balanced sound with rich  deep bass with no boominess.  
Lexus still have the CD/ DVD player.  I tried the DVD  ‘pearl harbour’ whacked up the volume and OMG had planes flying all around the car interior  awesome…..

The headlights are a dream. The best road illumination I have ever seen  a very uniform white light projection in front of the car . The HUD display easy to view and not compromising the drivers view.

The Lexus ES 300 Takumi edition is a luxurious saloon  catering very well for the driver and passengers.  I suppose only  a LS would surpass the ES but with a  cost premium.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2022 at 9:58 PM, Dippo said:

You forgot the higher VED rate!

Higher VED this year on the ES300h FSport with Takumi Pack.

44A7AF5C-A37F-460F-85DE-8EF0F0D87B82.jpeg

Just now, STE041 said:

Higher VED this year on the ES300h FSport with Takumi Pack.

44A7AF5C-A37F-460F-85DE-8EF0F0D87B82.jpeg

Turns out when I completed on line that this years effort with the April rule change was £510 for the year.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links