Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Bargain Buys

Lexiguy

Been to Aldi today and picked up a Special Buys leaflet and noticed several workshop, tools and car items and I wondered if any of the items are on the list were of interest of you guys!

20220218_162255.thumb.jpg.27aac32a73a6a9921dff7876f0748074.jpg20220218_160805_05.thumb.jpg.67a92c8dbe156d4f2321aa14a2bda311.jpg20220218_162305.thumb.jpg.ad7bb1e332b9f7ea3500aeec0ffef7c4.jpg20220218_162242.thumb.jpg.5650c12cd04833c2588a22430dfd1e42.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have found a supplier who has been able to produce clothing with the Lexus logo and the model name embroidered below in a colour to match your car.

Lexiguy Junior and I now have hoodies, t shirts and sports shirts for about ÂŁ70 (all six items).

20220305_182456.thumb.jpg.f7ded0b4f4e105ee3b17d24db228c64d.jpg

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Localhero said:

Sorry off topic, but i have a look on Lexus world now and again but cannot seem to log in are they having problems? Or is it ME??

The site has been hacked, been like it for a couple of weeks now.

A page has been opened on Facebook under Lexus world

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guy, have any of you bought one of these or know if they are any good?

They plug into the engine management diagnostic socket and its claimed that they increase fuel economy by 50%.

Screenshot_20220422-151829_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a2dae227a64343419f187004ba685ce8.jpg

17 hours ago, Lexiguy said:

Hi guy, have any of you bought one of these or know if they are any good?

They plug into the engine management diagnostic socket and its claimed that they increase fuel economy by 50%.

Screenshot_20220422-151829_Chrome.thumb.jpg.a2dae227a64343419f187004ba685ce8.jpg

If it sounds too good to be true....... 🙂

Never tried one but many of these cheap 'wonder chips' have been taken apart, tried and tested and shown to be worthless.

I would recommend a throttle controller (I use Sprintbooster) to dial out the pedal lag and that also has some so-called economy modes but it's essentially just limiting an aggressive right foot driving style. 

There's a company, Pheonix Engine Management in Shepton Mallet who might be able to provide help with a bespoke ECU tune but without other significant physical modifications, any improvements in economy or performance would be in small fractions. 

To save fuel, stay off the power button and drive with the roof on 😉  .....and don't fit a loud exhaust as that just encourages more fuel wasting behaviour. 🤣🤣

• Like 1

Thanks for that Neil, at least I know it's a waste of money now, although I will check Sprintbooster out.

I never use the power button but having the roof down and the heaviness of my right foot are both regular concerns! 

My Tony Banks stainless steel bespoke fabricated new exhaust system is being done on 23rd May and it will certainly encourage more right foot action! 

I will have a new 3rd cat on but I am trying to decide on single or double pipes at each side at the back but twins would be reduced diameter.

What's your thoughts guys?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lexiguy said:

Thanks for that Neil, at least I know it's a waste of money now, although I will check Sprintbooster out.

I never use the power button but having the roof down and the heaviness of my right foot are both regular concerns! 

My Tony Banks stainless steel bespoke fabricated new exhaust system is being done on 23rd May and it will certainly encourage more right foot action! 

I will have a new 3rd cat on but I am trying to decide on single or double pipes at each side at the back but twins would be reduced diameter.

What's your thoughts guys?

It's a V8 to have fun with. 😎

I thought the Sprint-booster was another gimmick for quite some time but too many trustworthy owners said it worked so I did some more research and bought one. It really improves the feel of the car by virtually eliminating the lag and the kickdown delay. That's really all it does but the improved response provides a greater connection to the car, diminishing that driver remote feeling that's so often mentioned by reviewers.

Twin / quad tails. If you're going to do it, it will need some skilful enlargement of the rear bumper cut out to look good. Quad pea-shooters in round openings don't really work but I'm sure the original bumper cut-out could be carefully re-shaped. I prefer the ovals to round quad tails but I've had both. Both on the youtube vids if you want to compare them.

61021.jpg

85040.jpg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links