Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Possible Clearance Sonar ECU Problem

So the clean park sonar message. They are all clean. Connect tech stream. No error codes. Run Clearance Sonar LIve Test (Data List) and get bizarre "Lost Communication with Vehicle" message popup - can go no further and retry has same outcome. TPMS live test is ok so not an issue with Techstram Connection. Ran Health Check on all ECUs and no problem. 

Conclusion - Clearance Sonar ECU gone. Does anyone know where the ECU is and instructions on how to replace. They cost 400+ new.

a-clean-sonar.PNG

a-no-error-codes.PNG

a-all-ecus-ok.PNG

a-lost-commsr.PNG

a-tpms-test-ok.PNG

ECU is Number 4 so lower dash on passenger side.

I would be back probing the ECU confirming 12 volt supplies, grounds and can-bus communications before condemning the unit.

This may help with pin outs.

http://zatonevkredit(blocked word)/repair_manuals/raw_content/rm000002n2b02zx.xml

543C4273-9564-455E-AF63-BBA59EA9835F.png

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Getting a similar error myself as of yesterday morning.

Scanned with a generic OBD and getting code C1AE3. Center, Front Right parking sensor.

I believe that's the right sensor on the grill, on my right when sat in the seat of the car (rather than looking at front of the car from the outside)

No front damage to the grill or sensor, all looks in order. I did have the bumper off for a headlight repair last year. Wondering if it's been knocked loose. Looks like it's time to get the bumper off again! 🤦‍♂️

Any advice much appreciated.

• 1 month later...

Removed bumper. Cleaned contacts. Tested. Still no better.

Swapped the left side parking sensor with the right side one. They are identical and therefore interchangeable.

Diagnostics threw up a different code, C1AE2. That is the center left front left parking sensor issue.

That meant I had narrowed it down to the sensor and not the harness/cabling/sonar ECU. Replacing those would have been much more difficult. Popped new sensor in and all working again.

Thanks for @agent_dess guide once again, despite having removed the bumper before, it was helpful to have something to refer to.

I wonder what causes these sonar sensors to fail... Does it mean the other 7 (?) on the car may soon go. I hope not.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links