Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Just ordered the 350H Takumi

Hi All

Just ordered the 350H Takumi in Sonic Grey, last week and Delivery is expected between Dec 2022 to Jan 2023, initally I was looking at the Premium Edition and then it became the Premium Plus Pack and then there wasn't much difference between the Plus Pack and the Takumi so Takumi it was I paid 1000,00 deposit with balance on Delivery.

Perhaps its too late to ask now but did any of you guys get any discount? or any free servicing or anything?, I got nothing.

The sales person Recommended

1 £500.00 for Ceramic Coating lasting up to 3/5 years to keep the new car shine

2 £500.00 Smart Cover for any small dings or light scratches

3 £500.00 Upto 3Years if the car is written off after getting the Market value of the car the balance will be paid by this policy , in other words the price i paid for the car.

I am leaning towards the Ceramic coating, what did you guys went for or are considering? all these 3 options I can go for nearer to delivery.

To tell you the truth the Plus Pack has most of the goodies except for the panaromic Sunroof, Mark Levinson, Takumi alloys and a few other things, did I make a mistake over the Plus Pack to Takuim Obviously its too late now the Deposit is Non Refundable, I need help from you guys that i made the right decision😂

• Like 3

Congratulations on your purchase👍

Re discounts, I managed a £1500 “discount” via an improved offer on my RX, the value of which was already very generous, together with a £750 loyalty allowance, 3 years free servicing and free GAP insurance but that was on a 450h+

Re Ceramic Coating, is it really ceramic coating they are offering, most Lexus dealers push “Superguard” which is not a ceramic coating plus I wouldn’t trust a car dealer to apply it properly(but that may be just me), I always use a detailer to do such work

I’ve  gone for the F Sport model since the variable adaptive suspension was more important to me than some of the kit on the Takumi, but hey - we all have different views and needs, that’s why the choices are out there.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RXtoNX said:

Re discounts, I managed a £1500 “discount” via an improved offer on my RX, the value of which was already very generous, together with a £750 loyalty allowance, 3 years free servicing and free GAP insurance but that was on a 450h+

Re Ceramic Coating, is it really ceramic coating they are offering, most Lexus dealers push “Superguard” which is not a ceramic coating plus I wouldn’t trust a car dealer to apply it properly(but that may be just me), I always use a detailer to do such work

I’ve  gone for the F Sport model since the variable adaptive suspension was more important to me than some of the kit on the Takumi, but hey - we all have different views and needs, that’s why the choices are out there.

Apparently they are now using Gen 3 ceramic coating at the Bolton dealership, it’s got to be better than my last supaguard ( they had to re apply it ) 

2 hours ago, RXtoNX said:

Hi RX, 

I've got a Astra 2010 1.6 Auto 39,000 miles to part exchange the sales person said he can't give me a valuation now, but closer to delivery he will. 

What is this loyalty allowance? Did you have to negotiate really hard for the 3 years servicing? I'm one of those people who find it really hard to negotiate,

Also what is this Gap Insurance? So which trim have you got? Have you got the car or still waiting for delivery? I did consider the F Sport, but two things put me off it, the hard firm ride and the sports seats with the extra large padded side bolsters, I am a bit on the large size (actually a lot 😅) would have been uncomfortable, but F Sport looks fantastic. Thanks 

Congratulations on your order. Roll on December! 😁. I take delivery of a 450h+ next week and opted for the Premium Plus pack and sunroof as I didn't feel that there was much advantage in going for the Takumi pack although I prefer the Takumi alloys. The loyalty discount applies to returning Lexus customers financing through the Lexus pcp scheme. I got the loyalty discount and an enhanced offer on my trade in (300h NX) but nothing else. Haven't taken out anything else other than a three year service plan. May consider the Smart cover. 

2 minutes ago, Ken R said:

Congratulations on your order. Roll on December! 😁. I take delivery of a 450h+ next week and opted for the Premium Plus pack and sunroof as I didn't feel that there was much advantage in going for the Takumi pack although I prefer the Takumi alloys. The loyalty discount applies to returning Lexus customers financing through the Lexus pcp scheme. I got the loyalty discount and an enhanced offer on my trade in (300h NX) but nothing else. Haven't taken out anything else other than a three year service plan. May consider the Smart cover. 

How much was the 3 year service plan? Does it work out cheaper to buy the plan in advance? to tell you the truth I prefer the F Sport alloys, which colour and trim did you go for? My Takumi is Sonic Grey with Black leather

Three year service plan works out at just over £1000 from memory and you can pay this over 33 months. It is a cost effective way of paying for the servicing in my opinion. I have gone for Graphite metallic (again!) with Hazel trim.

I am going to miss the panoramic roof and the light cream interior of my present car though! 

I am sure you will be delighted with your choice and if its as good as mine has been you will have made a wise choice. 

10 minutes ago, Ken R said:

Three year service plan works out at just over £1000 from memory and you can pay this over 33 months. It is a cost effective way of paying for the servicing in my opinion. I have gone for Graphite metallic (again!) with Hazel trim.

I am going to miss the panoramic roof and the light cream interior of my present car though! 

I am sure you will be delighted with your choice and if its as good as mine has been you will have made a wise choice. 

So basically you're paying normal price  but monthly payments might be the way to go, this way you won't get a shock at service time.

10 minutes ago, S Dhuper said:

So basically you're paying normal price  but monthly payments might be the way to go, this way you won't get a shock at service time.

Yes but I expect the rate to increase over the period so effectively you are locking in the current price. 

Super jelly, want one for the Mrs but currently out of buget so will wait for a potential used market one in next year.

I tend to never opt for dealer 'ad ons' regarding the paint, usually a waste of money and as easy as ceramic coatings are to apply, doesn't mean the person applying has a clue what they are doing. Also no guarantee the one they use is any good. If you are keen on ceramic coating, have a detailing firm with experience do it.

I've always opted for service plans with all our cars, but I however pay them in one hit and use that as leverage for discount and nice to know I've fixed the price for however many I bought (usually 2 or 3).

1 hour ago, S Dhuper said:

Hi RX, 

I've got a Astra 2010 1.6 Auto 39,000 miles to part exchange the sales person said he can't give me a valuation now, but closer to delivery he will. 

What is this loyalty allowance? Did you have to negotiate really hard for the 3 years servicing? I'm one of those people who find it really hard to negotiate,

Also what is this Gap Insurance? So which trim have you got? Have you got the car or still waiting for delivery? I did consider the F Sport, but two things put me off it, the hard firm ride and the sports seats with the extra large padded side bolsters, I am a bit on the large size (actually a lot 😅) would have been uncomfortable, but F Sport looks fantastic. Thanks 

Loyalty allowance, which is only available on the 450h, applies to previous Lexus customers.

They gave me a price on a 2017 RX450 F Sport which is guaranteed no matter how long delivery takes after the current estimate of June. Price of new car is also fixed, F Sport Sonic Titanium & red trim. 

GAP  insurance covers the difference between invoice price of car and insurance payout for 3 years. You can also pay extra for it to cover the list price of a replacement vehicle to the same spec rather than novice price of current car

Didn’t negotiate hard at all, it was late afternoon on 31st Jan (month end figures time) and after I rejected their 1st offer they asked my what I wanted to sign before 6.00pm that day. I told them and mentioned that items like free servicing would be something that had a value to me but didn’t cost them much. They came back with a slight modification on what I asked but it was enough for me to accept.

Hi.

Just to let you know that we offer a 12 month product called Total Loss Protection. Whilst it's not exactly the same as your traditional GAP insurance we feel for some customers it can make a cost effective alternative.

Please feel free to take a look if you wish nearer the time.

https://www.adrianflux.co.uk/extras/total-loss/

Regards,

Dan. 

• Like 1

On 3/4/2022 at 6:40 PM, RXtoNX said:

Loyalty allowance, which is only available on the 450h, applies to previous Lexus customers.

They gave me a price on a 2017 RX450 F Sport which is guaranteed no matter how long delivery takes after the current estimate of June. Price of new car is also fixed, F Sport Sonic Titanium & red trim. 

GAP  insurance covers the difference between invoice price of car and insurance payout for 3 years. You can also pay extra for it to cover the list price of a replacement vehicle to the same spec rather than novice price of current car

Didn’t negotiate hard at all, it was late afternoon on 31st Jan (month end figures time) and after I rejected their 1st offer they asked my what I wanted to sign before 6.00pm that day. I told them and mentioned that items like free servicing would be something that had a value to me but didn’t cost them much. They came back with a slight modification on what I asked but it was enough for me to accept.

Hi thanks for that, As you know I've placed an order for 350H Takumi, My son is pushing me to go for the F Sport Takumi it's another 2 grand on top, can some tell me how this Adapative Suspension works , is it for all 4 wheels? are there different settings you can choose? The one thing that concerns me is the ride quality, if any of you guys already have the F Sport can you please tell me about ride quality, comfort.

I have downloaded the Lexus link and was told you can check the progress of your new car, but in the app its asking for the Reg or Vin number which I have none so do you check about your new car? Thanks

On 3/4/2022 at 6:26 PM, hockeyedwards said:

Super jelly, want one for the Mrs but currently out of buget so will wait for a potential used market one in next year.

I tend to never opt for dealer 'ad ons' regarding the paint, usually a waste of money and as easy as ceramic coatings are to apply, doesn't mean the person applying has a clue what they are doing. Also no guarantee the one they use is any good. If you are keen on ceramic coating, have a detailing firm with experience do it.

I've always opted for service plans with all our cars, but I however pay them in one hit and use that as leverage for discount and nice to know I've fixed the price for however many I bought (usually 2 or 3).

Hi thanks for that, I have have absolutely No info about Ceramic coating other then what the salesman told me it's £500.00 to last for 5years,is that a good deal? Thanks

12 hours ago, S Dhuper said:

the F Sport Takumi it's another 2 grand on top, can some tell me how this Adapative Suspension works , is it for all 4 wheels? are there different settings you can choose? The one thing that concerns me is the ride quality, if any of you guys already have the F Sport can you please tell me about ride quality, comfort.

The best explanation of how the Lexus AVS works is probably in this article. I know it is for the RX but the NX is the same 

https://mag.lexus.co.uk/2020-lexus-rx-suspension/

My experience is with the RX F Sport and for me I wouldn’t be without it. I have also had AVS on Land Rovers prior to the Lexus.

Does it result in a harsher ride, TBH I don’t know, I haven’t driven an RX without it and my other car is a Lotus so a harsher ride doesn’t bother me a great deal, although the Lexus IS no where near as hard as the Lotus.
What I do know is that on bumpy twisty B roads it not only stabilises the car on bends it also allows the car to settle on the road better with less floating and jolting on uneven surfaces. I also tend to use it in areas where there is a constant flow of roundabouts over a few miles to take away the majority of body roll.

The RX, in addition to Sport and Sport+ modes, which also not only changes the suspension but also other driving dynamics like throttle and steering response, also has a customisable mode where you can choose which elements of driving dynamics you prefer to pre-set. I believe the NX has the same custom mode but not 100% on this. It is custom mode that I use more often since it is quicker to switch on & off & I have it set to my preference.

I ordered the F Sport with sunroof but not the Takumi pack since, other than the front crossing alert, there was nothing else in the pack which was anything like essential for me hence I didn’t consider it value for money. It was a £3k option at the time and although now a £2k option I would still pass but hey, we are all different in our requirements so do whatever suits you own requirements.

Re your Lexus Link query, someone else can probably answer better than me but I believe that your dealer will need to put your order number in to the system for an ordered car to show. Don’t panic at the moment though because the system will just show “car ordered”  and nothing else until it enters build stage in a few months time

Apologies for the long reply but hopefully you will find it useful

• Like 1

AVS transforms the ride so much for a F-Sport Model that the first drive from the Dealer gives the impression the tyres are under inflated.

Actual Tyre Spec also plays a part too.

My 2019 NX with AVS ran @ 36psig,My 2021, with different tyres fitted @ the Factory, runs @ 32psig.

Tel

3 hours ago, RXtoNX said:

The best explanation of how the Lexus AVS works is probably in this article. I know it is for the RX but the NX is the same 

https://mag.lexus.co.uk/2020-lexus-rx-suspension/

My experience is with the RX F Sport and for me I wouldn’t be without it. I have also had AVS on Land Rovers prior to the Lexus.

Does it result in a harsher ride, TBH I don’t know, I haven’t driven an RX without it and my other car is a Lotus so a harsher ride doesn’t bother me a great deal, although the Lexus IS no where near as hard as the Lotus.
What I do know is that on bumpy twisty B roads it not only stabilises the car on bends it also allows the car to settle on the road better with less floating and jolting on uneven surfaces. I also tend to use it in areas where there is a constant flow of roundabouts over a few miles to take away the majority of body roll.

The RX, in addition to Sport and Sport+ modes, which also not only changes the suspension but also other driving dynamics like throttle and steering response, also has a customisable mode where you can choose which elements of driving dynamics you prefer to pre-set. I believe the NX has the same custom mode but not 100% on this. It is custom mode that I use more often since it is quicker to switch on & off & I have it set to my preference.

I ordered the F Sport with sunroof but not the Takumi pack since, other than the front crossing alert, there was nothing else in the pack which was anything like essential for me hence I didn’t consider it value for money. It was a £3k option at the time and although now a £2k option I would still pass but hey, we are all different in our requirements so do whatever suits you own requirements.

Re your Lexus Link query, someone else can probably answer better than me but I believe that your dealer will need to put your order number in to the system for an ordered car to show. Don’t panic at the moment though because the system will just show “car ordered”  and nothing else until it enters build stage in a few months time

Apologies for the long reply but hopefully you will find it useful

Thanks for that, with this info I can now decide whether to go for it or not , but on my test drive in the 350H although it was only for 30min the performance, quiteness, ride comfort was something my 2010 trusty now not reliable Astra could only dream of, my style of driving is a Defensive one, I won't be throwing the car around the bends, I think I just answered my own question, although my son will be pushing me for the F Sport, anyway thanks for your input appreciate alot

• Like 1

On 3/4/2022 at 1:46 PM, S Dhuper said:

Hi All

Just ordered the 350H Takumi in Sonic Grey, last week and Delivery is expected between Dec 2022 to Jan 2023, initally I was looking at the Premium Edition and then it became the Premium Plus Pack and then there wasn't much difference between the Plus Pack and the Takumi so Takumi it was I paid 1000,00 deposit with balance on Delivery.

Perhaps its too late to ask now but did any of you guys get any discount? or any free servicing or anything?, I got nothing.

The sales person Recommended

1 £500.00 for Ceramic Coating lasting up to 3/5 years to keep the new car shine

2 £500.00 Smart Cover for any small dings or light scratches

3 £500.00 Upto 3Years if the car is written off after getting the Market value of the car the balance will be paid by this policy , in other words the price i paid for the car.

I am leaning towards the Ceramic coating, what did you guys went for or are considering? all these 3 options I can go for nearer to delivery.

To tell you the truth the Plus Pack has most of the goodies except for the panaromic Sunroof, Mark Levinson, Takumi alloys and a few other things, did I make a mistake over the Plus Pack to Takuim Obviously its too late now the Deposit is Non Refundable, I need help from you guys that i made the right decision😂

Congratulations,

1, 2 and 3 are not worth it. Can get cheaper cover elsewhere. The dealers will mark the price up of 1, 2 and 3 considerably.

With the ceramic coating its hit and miss. Some dealers will slap it on. Others may do a half decent job but its best just to get a detailer to do it.

I agree with @rayaans on the ceramic coating. There's no way the dealer will put the effort into the preparation work before applying the coating. You are better going to a proper detailer and I doubt they'll charge you any more than the dealer. I also doubt it'll last 5 years, I think they typically last 2 - 3 years.

• Like 1

Congratulation ! Takumi was the test drive vehicle, it was exquisite I must say.

However, I ordered F Sport,lol.

Wow, Dec-Jan, this is quite a stretch now.

33 minutes ago, mitadoc said:

Congratulation ! Takumi was the test drive vehicle, it was exquisite I must say.

However, I ordered F Sport,lol.

Wow, Dec-Jan, this is quite a stretch now.

I don't believe this every post I'm reading is everyone is going for the sport, don't do this to guys, I'm having a hard time convincing my self I've made the right choice 😂😂my son is slowly and surely upping the pressure for the F Sport. 

Am I right in assuming the only difference between the 350H Takumi and Sport Takumi is the different style alloys, Adaptive Suspension, sports seats and a different grill at the front? 

Thanks to all you guys for your input on the Cereamic, Gap and Smart cover add on's. 

• Haha 1

I don't believe this every post I'm reading is everyone is going for the sport, don't do this to guys, I'm having a hard time convincing my self I've made the right choice 😂😂my son is slowly and surely upping the pressure for the F Sport. 

Am I right in assuming the only difference between the 350H Takumi and Sport Takumi is the different style Alloys, Adaptive Suspension, sports seats and a different grill at the front? 

Thanks to all you guys for your input on the Cereamic, Gap and Smart cover add on's. 

Well,what you mentioned actually is what convinced me to jump from NX350h premium plus pack to F Sport. However, I am sure you will be more than happy and satisfied with your choice. 

Am I right in assuming the only difference between the 350H Takumi and Sport Takumi is the different style Alloys, Adaptive Suspension, sports seats and a different grill at the front? 

Another F Sport you're not helping are you 😂😂, come on where are the 350H Non Sport Takumi owners or to be owners, some help here. 

• Haha 1

Just order what you really want.

Last month we ordered the 350h in titanium silver with red seats, but with the  Premium/lexus linc/pan roof/electric seats pack.

I certainly couldn't justify the huge extra costs of the Sport or Takumi , with lot's of extras I don't want ( like the 20" wheels with run flat tyres.)

Totally agree with Ian.  Everybody will have their own needs, wants and budget.  So long as you're happy with your choice, that's all that matters.

I ordered an NX350h, with premium pack and Lexus Link Pro.  There were some things that would have been nice to have (HUD, for example), but I couldn't justify the cost for me.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links