Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi 

The dab radio is not really working, any ideas on a DIY fix. 

Where can I locate the aerial? 

How can I check the connections? 

Is it easy to access the aerials 

TIA 

What car are you enquiring about? (IS in your profile but you post in the RX sub-forum)

In what way is the DAB "not really working"?

The easiest answer is to get the car on Techstream and check for any error codes. The antennae tend to be bonded to the window(s), top of the rear screen and on a side quarter window, with connections on the glass edge 

Rx450h, I need to update my profile. Only got the car yesterday. 

The dab radio can find the stations but it's not really connected as its keeps cutting in and out 

The aerial is in the top left hand corner of the windscreen, it's crap. Mine only gets BBC programs and then not very well. The method of scanning for channels is not very intuitive. My wife's 68 Yaris is far better.

I've travelled from Cornwall to North Bucks and all around Oxfordshire and Wiltshire and the DAB in the RC never drops a signal.

Perhaps you need to get the car on Techstream to see if there is anything amiss with the DAB system/amplifier/antennae 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, sexylex said:

Where are you based,  in Essex there is such poor service and cannot pick up a good enough connection to use dab 

I agree the reception in Essex can be bad, but it depends which service you tune to. Tune to the National Band it works but you have a limited choice. Being close to London you can also tune the London Band which has many more choices but will drop out more often. Thus it appears not to work well.

1 hour ago, sexylex said:

Where are you based,  in Essex there is such poor service and cannot pick up a good enough connection to use dab 

I’m Hertfordshire based, perhaps we are lucky here, but I travel to places such as Leicester, Coventry etc and reception is equally good 

1 minute ago, Spock66 said:

I find DAB tends to drop out as you approach the coast, at least in Suffolk, otherwise coverage is pretty good.

Same in Essex drops nearer the coast.

23 hours ago, sexylex said:

The dab radio is not really working, any ideas on a DIY fix. 

Where can I locate the aerial? 

How can I check the connections? 

Is it easy to access the aerials 

You may already be familiar with how the DAB radio is supposed to work. But just in case, and before you start taking the car apart, this thread might provide some useful clues.

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links