Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LS400 24000 miles £17,000. A new benchmark?

54 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

So sorry to read that Jacob.

Thanks for being so up front about the failings of Lexus Wolverhampton,I for one will avoid them.

Steven Eagell Group Senior Management will need to review the performance of its Wolverhampton employees as such reported conduct falls far short of the expectations of Lexus owners.

Jacob,Please keep us all posted about future developments and the outcomes from TOYOTA SHREWSBURY.

I have just got off the phone to Lexus Headquarters and spoke to a gentlemen called Craig Allen, i explained the whole situation and he was nothing but helpful, polite and courteous, he’s already making enquiries about the whole situation and said we will resolve this issue! So i await his call and see what can be done!

Craig if you see this you are a credit to Lexus UK and you are a major asset to them, thank you for all your help! Your a ledgend!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GSF_REG said:

we were more than happy to let them know our thoughts!

well done ...  I'm sure Lexus mechanics just get their parts dropped off from the local Toyota spares dept ........  it all fits the same .....  Toyota Celsior and Lexus Ls400  .  it's just a badging exercise for it's 100% owned    " upmarket name " ..............

disgraceful of them to say they couldn't get the parts ..  you and I and anyone else would have just poped over to EuroCar Parts or whatever and bought them ..... someone definitely has them in stock .....  at  least you've swerved the £150 + vat an hour labour charge at Lexus .. and the 200% uplift in spares price too

NB  get the wiper rubbers changed too maybe .....  I'm hearing there's a desperate shortage of short wiper rubbers right now too:whistling:

Good luck with it all

Malc

• Like 1

On 6/3/2022 at 10:00 PM, GSF_REG said:

Hi people just seen this thread and me and my father are now the owners of this beautiful LS400! So along with my GSF we now have this retro classic in the collection!  We’re off to pick it up first thing in the morning, had a few questions for you all, imo this is probably the cleanest LS400 in the country does anyone else know of any other LS400 in this good condition? 
I’ll be sure to put a few pictures in this thread when we collect it!

In terms of cleanest in the country…you might want to take a look at mine 😎

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/26/2022 at 7:43 AM, MerchantOfVenice said:

In terms of cleanest in the country…you might want to take a look at mine 😎

I would love to see!!! Please message me!!

• Like 1

On 6/23/2022 at 3:12 PM, Malc said:

well done ...  I'm sure Lexus mechanics just get their parts dropped off from the local Toyota spares dept ........  it all fits the same .....  Toyota Celsior and Lexus Ls400  .  it's just a badging exercise for it's 100% owned    " upmarket name " ..............

disgraceful of them to say they couldn't get the parts ..  you and I and anyone else would have just poped over to EuroCar Parts or whatever and bought them ..... someone definitely has them in stock .....  at  least you've swerved the £150 + vat an hour labour charge at Lexus .. and the 200% uplift in spares price too

NB  get the wiper rubbers changed too maybe .....  I'm hearing there's a desperate shortage of short wiper rubbers right now too:whistling:

Good luck with it all

Malc

Doesn’t sound right but this is ringing a bell.

I needed a Mercedes part for son’s motor so rang local Merc dealer/outlet: out of stock, lines of flags dealer…they didn’t have it in stock and couldn’t get from Germany.

Bought it at a discounted rate from Mercedes of Newcastle. 

Buckets of bllcks and depends upon the group franchise owning the Merc or for that matter the Lexus partnership.

As with Lexus Parts online in Swindon vs other franchises.

• 9 months later...
1 hour ago, Razor61 said:

Back up for sale:  

wot a beautiful limo  ......  but it's still got the original Dunlop spare tyre !  .  and of course the early 15"  wheels/tyres/brakes etc

Mine was J54DAP and pearlescent white ........... a wonderful car for sure BUT BUT BUT if you bought it,  one wouldn't want to use it .....  and what's the point methinks !

Maybe i think a little differently to most people ......  I'm sure someone will come along and buy it for the nostalgia .  to " show " and keep in aspic 🤩

A rare beast for sure

Malc

I much prefer my / the Mk3 tho'

you say it's back up for sale ..........  what was the earlier price asked ?

• Like 1

I'd dearly love that, especially with it being on a Norfolk 'CL' plate. It's like an incredibly good version of mine, even down to the colour, but with fewer owners and much lower mileage.

Even if I spent £17k on mine I doubt it would be that nice.

Day-to-day it might not be quite as useable as a Mk3 or 4, but as a statement of intent of what Lexus were about I find it very appealing.

12 hours ago, Spottedlaurel said:

Day-to-day it might not be quite as useable as a Mk3 or 4,

I think it should be  ....  mine did 180k before I gave her away in early 2007, she went across Germany Holland, Scotland, Wales etc for a good few trips   .............. and then bought my Mk2 .....  now on my Mk3

I don't see why a good Mk1 wouldn't continue to do good service provided she was cherished on-going

BUT she's a lot of ££££ dosh to be an everyday user car methinks ..  just for shows etc !

Malc

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links