Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Failed wireless charging

Has anybody else had a problem with the wireless phone charing in the new NX450h? It stopped working a week or so after I first took delivery of the car in March. The apple store did a quick check of the wireless charging and said it was my phone and changed the phone as it was still on warranty. The wireless charging worked for another few weeks but is now not working again. I am not convinced that it is the phone that is the problem (when apple checked the phone the second time there were some wireless chargers that weren't plugged in anyway), so would appreciate anyone else sharing their experience of this. Thanks

We have just got new Iphone SE3s and have been able to use the wireless charging pad for the first time on our 2019 NX300h. It seems to work OK but we have had one occasion when the LED on the pad flashed amber. After switching on and off all was well.

What are you seeing from the LED on the charge pad? Does it come on green and then go amber (solid) when you put the phone on it?

Totally agree, I have tried a few cases but just can’t get one heavy enough for it to stay in place, I still can’t believe there is no rubber mat on the charger to stop it slipping off the charging point.

if anyone has found a rubber mat that fits can you post the link please.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 78csj said:

if anyone has found a rubber mat that fits can you post the link please.

a mat might stop the phone moving but will probably create too large a gap, making the charger useless or just overheat your phone.

Personally I've given up trying to use wireless chargers, especially in cars. It was rubbish in my wife's Prius and it is now rubbish in her UX. I'm sure it works well with the specific phone they tested it on but not on any I've tried.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I’m another one who gave up on using wireless charging some time ago. I always found that it was a very slow method of charging, whether on 240v mains or in my RX.

The gen4 RX had a nice compartment for holding and charging  a phone, only problem is anything bigger than an Iphone 4 or SE won’t fit in it.

• Sad 1

I had exactly the same issue and on my second Iphone now!! It did start charging and and then stopped but my daughters phone did charge, after I changed my phone it charged for a while then stopped so I don't use it anymore. It was making me wonder if the charger kills the phone as when I went to apple the wireless chargers didn't work on the phone. 

Have you had a delay whilst using CarPlay telephone calls? second phone and exactly the same for me (6 second delay) Iphone 12 then 13.

I am recently having some success with placing my Iphone 12 Pro (in a thick silicone case) on the charging pad and getting it to charge for the whole journey!

The secret for me is that when I place the phone on the pad I move it until there is a faint sound like a CD drive moving. At that point the charger seems to be locked on. It charged for two 20 minute drives today.

On the NX300h, we align our iPhones (in thick protective cases) dead centre on the charge pad and back as far as you can reasonably place them. There is a slight delay until the green light goes to amber and charging commences. The grippy cases stop the phones from moving around while driving.

10 hours ago, malcolmw said:

On the NX300h, we align our iPhones (in thick protective cases) dead centre on the charge pad and back as far as you can reasonably place them. There is a slight delay until the green light goes to amber and charging commences. The grippy cases stop the phones from moving around while driving.

Have you noticed the noise when it is aligned Malcolm?

• 1 month later...

I had the same in March on the NX350H, Iphone 12 charged initially and then wouldn't so I took it to apple where the wireless chargers would not charge my phone. I bought an Iphone 13 and the same thing happened, its at this point I have informed Lexus that I feel the wireless charger is too much for the Iphone and now waiting for a response.

Wireless charging is somewhat standard, the difference is only in power that charger can supply and phone can ask to charger, so max power available just determines the  speed of charge. If you can, try to charge another phone and see if it happens charge stopping, in such evenience there could be a thermal security issue (have your phone in a cover?) .

Of course, don't forget to have the charger switch ON (green LED light on).

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links