Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2023 UX

The Spec in the US looks good particularly with the revised AVS &,of course,other tweaks.

Trouble is Lexus GB is not publishing UK Specs for the "new" model which I would estimate will be available Spring 2023.

I believe the 2023 will mirror the current E-version for build & ride/handling characteristics.

Tel

@Tel Hi Tel, I popped into a UK dealer last week and was given a print-out confirming the 2023 UX2590h changes released a few weeks ago. It includes the UK Takumi grade which isn't one in the US lineup. The key change being the 12.3" touch screen. I was given prices and was told they expect to see their demonstrator to arrive late September. I hope something hasn't changed to cause this to slip back to spring 2023.

The "enhanced body rigidity" section in the attached mentions extra spot welds and returned suspension. Also introduced is a newer version of the Bridgestone runflats which are claimed to be quieter.

UX 2023 Mods.PDF

I am hoping they offer an F-Sport with Takumi Pack that includes AVS, Pano Roof ,HUD,MLS etc that is my current NX Spec.

Tel

1 hour ago, Tel said:

I am hoping they offer an F-Sport with Takumi Pack that includes AVS, Pano Roof ,HUD,MLS etc that is my current NX Spec.

Tel

Good news there is an F Sport with Takumi Pack which includes everything on your list except it's a "normal" sunroof rather than a panoramic.

MY23 UX Product Bulletin v3.1.pdf

1 hour ago, Tel said:

Do you have prices Colours  & specs then ?

Tel

UK colours and specs are in the second of the two documents I uploaded. These were the same as those I was given last week. The only price I got was for the Takumi £45,500 not sure whether that included the £820 for the Sonic Platinium paint.

Once I can build my 2023 UX F-Sport with my chosen spec I will book a Test Drive .

If it is a clone of the current UXe,I might be smitten.

Tel

18 minutes ago, Tel said:

Once I can build my 2023 UX F-Sport with my chosen spec I will book a Test Drive .

If it is a clone of the current UXe,I might be smitten.

Tel

I was told that the www.lexus.co.uk configurator should be updated with the 2023 UX250h specs and prices sometime this month.

I'll have a test drive as soon as the dealers get their 2023 demonstrator cars. I need to check the ride because the UX250h I had for a test drive wasn't quite as comfortable as I would ideally like for my aging body! But the car I drove had manual seats. Hopefully the Takumi electric seats plus the 2023 mods to body stiffness and suspension tweaks will overcome this problem.

• 3 weeks later...

The www.lexus.co.uk website still has the following notice:

• Specifications shown are for model year 2022 UK vehicles, and subject to vehicle production lead times, the model ordered may be built according to model year 2023 specification. It is anticipated that your Lexus Centre will advise you of any changes in specification, and any price implication once your ordered vehicle goes into production (at the latest), at which point you have the right to accept such changes, or cancel your order and have any deposit returned to you.

Because the UK Lexus document listing the 2023 changes states the model will enter production in August and delivery times seem to be six or seven months, I'm wondering if the production schedule has slipped.

Roger,

It would be perfect if a current UXe Owner test drives a 2023 UX to see if it mirrors their car's ride/handling which is really impressive.

I have thrice driven the UXe & expect the 2023 UX F- Sport, with the Mk.3 AVS, to match the E.

AVS equals or betters the non-Sport ride qualities but has never been available in a Test Car.

I consider your choice will easily meet your needs but I need the Test Drive to be convinced the 2023 UX is perfect for me in F-Spec.

Tel

5 hours ago, Tel said:

It would be perfect if a current UXe Owner test drives a 2023 UX to see if it mirrors their car's ride/handling which is really impressive.

It won't. The low centre of gravity that the Battery pack creates cannot be replicated in the hybrid set up.

But yes the 'extra spot welds' that every Lexus facelift has had in the last 20 years should help (I just wish they purposely didn't lower the number of welds in the first place just so they have an improvement in 3 years time).

• 3 weeks later...

The configurator on the US lexus.com website is now setup for the 2023 facelift model. The photos show the new larger touchscreen. Otherwise the configurator isn't of much interest because the model variants and options here in the UK are very different to those in the US market.

The good news is that there will be US Road Tests that will critique the model changes & their Configurator will describe the Option choice.

The  2011 model ISF was significantly different to previous model & was raved about in the States & Canada convincing me that under the skin was a much more refined Supercar.

The NX AVS in 2019 here, but launched in Autumn 2018 in the States, had the electric damper responsiveness increase 3 fold which enhanced ride/handling  but ,as with the ISF, Lexus UK & Media never lauded the significant changes of these mid- life Changes.

The 2023 UX US Road Tests will aid my conviction significantly.

Tel

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tel said:

The good news is that there will be US Road Tests that will critique the model changes ...

The 2023 UX US Road Tests will aid my conviction significantly.

Tel

Excellent point. I look forward to seeing road tests especially if they compare non-AVS 2022 and 2023 to see if the extra spot welds and chassis stiffness plus suspension tweaks have improved ride comfort and bump suppression. 

Phoned my Dealer to book a 2023 Test drive .

Guy did not recognise me & assumed I was interested in the improved Media Interface.

Requested my E-Mail & Phone details & stated he thought the 2023 UX would be released in the Autumn.

He finally asked me what car I currently drive.

I am seriously thinking I will buy my next car on-line if I decide to renew.

Pathetic.

Tel

@Tel Sounds like I was luckier with the sales guys I spoke to at Lexus in Cambridge and Milton Keynes about the 2023 UX250h. With my last few cars I've researched the best deals I could find online for the exact model I wanted to buy and the trade-in price on my old car. Because I found at least one local dealer who was willing to match the prices, I've not yet bought a car online. But I wouldn't be averse to trying it as I know a couple of people who bought online and were happy with the experience.

I would use the Lexus on=line system as that will have the correct up to date info & allow me to liaise with the excellent Twitter Team who gave me the actual build day pre=Covid.

Secondly,they liase with your chosen &/or Local dealer.

If you are wanting a popular model choice the ON-Line Option will be advantageous but my preferred AVS is a rare selection.

I still assume the 2023 F-Sport with the Mk.3 AVS, will mirror the 2022 UXe ride/handling qualities & delivery will be March 2023.

Now if the 2023 UXe can use Tesla Chargers, I will forego my precious AVS.

TEl

Hi @Tel Is there an online system which has a list of new Lexus cars that are actually in stock or in the delivery pipeline? I know some are misleading. For example, Lexus Cambridge have had a new UX250h Takumi listed on the Autotrader website since at least February when I was told it'd been sold and during this time they've even updated the price inline with the price list increases. I think Lexus Birmingham and Wolverhampton may also do something similar on Autotrader.

The latest I've seen is April 2023 delivery for orders placed now.

There are a few new 2022 models @ Dealers but the 2023 Models en-route to the UK are Demo Models. There is no such On-Line System for us other than Lexus UK.

A good Dealer may let you have one of their Showroom Models which will arrive a month or so behind the Demo Delivery,particularly if you allow them to Show it for a couple of weeks.

Covid issues may well have changed everything though.

Our 2022 Aygo X Auto arrived in 14 weeks yet others have waited 30 weeks to date for exactly the same spec. & Dealers,like Customers, lack accurate data.We had a 2021 Aygo manual before.

I ordered the X blind based on Spanish ,German & Belgium You Tube Reviews & it is a perfect City Car that is very Yarisesque.

In the case of the UX it was too small & lacked comfort for Continental Travel but thrice I have driven the UXe & have been most impressed ---the rest you know but my Spec will cost 3 times more than the X.

Tel 

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Dealkent said:

Maybe a silly question, what is AVS ? 

AVS = Adaptive Variable Suspension. A short video of the claimed benefits:

Not a silly question at all, acronyms are too often used without definition.

I'd really like to compare a UX250h F Sport with AVS with a Takumi for ride comfort. I suspect the F Sport would have a firmer set up such that even with the claimed benefits of AVS I'd find the Takumi more comfortable and better for my aging body on long journeys. If so, it's a shame AVS isn't offered as an option on the Takumi as well as the F Sport.

15 hours ago, Roger Bill said:

AVS = Adaptive Variable Suspension. A short video of the claimed benefits:

Not a silly question at all, acronyms are too often used without definition.

I'd really like to compare a UX250h F Sport with AVS with a Takumi for ride comfort. I suspect the F Sport would have a firmer set up such that even with the claimed benefits of AVS I'd find the Takumi more comfortable and better for my aging body on long journeys. If so, it's a shame AVS isn't offered as an option on the Takumi as well as the F Sport.

Thanks for explaining 👍

I've already ordered the standard spec with Premium Plus Pack,

I've noticed it's not that more to have a Sunroof. Has anyone got a sunroof and would they say it's worth the extra £750. I know "worth" is a broad statement but just interested to know if anyone who's had one wouldn't do without it again or if they think it's a nice to have

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links