Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus SC 430 club gathering and meet.

8 minutes ago, mr2lad said:

Limp over there in the SC… no one stands in for me😂… i hold that “banished to the Car park status” although this time  its being organised by someone whos not up his own arse (chris) and im welcomed to join in by Juan, unfortunately ive other engagements which i already knew about prior to the meet being organised so couldn’t and didnt say i could attend,…. Really hope its a decent turn out regardless the deviant predator is saying hes turning up aka rich walker shyster 👎🏻

I couldn't make enough noise to stand in for you MrRCF but I suppose Paul could if I let him have the keys to the hifi.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Bob King said:

"banished to the Car park status” Graham you’ve not mentioned that before !! 😉

No i try not too incase anybody thought i was still bitter about the whole thing…hence i dont mention it 😉

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, mr2lad said:

Limp over there in the SC… no one stands in for me😂… i hold that “banished to the Car park status” although this time  its being organised by someone whos not up his own arse (chris) and im welcomed to join in by Juan, unfortunately ive other engagements which i already knew about prior to the meet being organised so couldn’t and didnt say i could attend,…. Really hope its a decent turn out regardless the deviant predator is saying hes turning up aka rich walker shyster 👎🏻

What’s all the oo’ah with Rich 🤔🤔🤔🤔

I thought he was everyone’s mate in the Lexus world.

What’s happened?

Fell out with some good people over various things and seemed very keen to shut down the site after Chris had put so much time and effort into restoring it. There's a lot more to it but this is not the place.

I have never met Rich but we have messaged each other many times which were frequently me picking his brain for technical knowledge.

He was always truthfull and helpful to me and I valued our friendship.

That is why I find it so hard to believe it has come to this, I speak as I find and to me he has been a good guy.

I know some members may feel aggrieved if they have been personally affected by the rash or ill-advised actions of people and it is difficult to contain that animosity but for the sake of the event and the SC430 community please contain their feelings. 

Its a beautiful day so let's have a fantastic event!

Anthony

• Like 1

Great day out, thanks for all your efforts Juan for coordinating the event.

Great location and venue, lovely pub with good food, lots of hotels less than 5mins away, empty top carpark for all the vehicles which attended.

There was 27 SC430's and 15 Soarers. It was great to meet old friends and new and I'm sure the event next year will surpass all previous ones!

20220710_135726.thumb.jpg.05dd68fd9f3415ca443652ddaa07079c.jpg20220710_135700.thumb.jpg.37436a6f8445d20bd8e0a4ad4f9b1b27.jpg20220710_135641.thumb.jpg.d9abb1e4ab81fe7c357cca2917bcc6f8.jpg20220710_135629.thumb.jpg.b58dba1baa94c8ada2c0207f05ec9632.jpg20220710_135539.thumb.jpg.53482971b7628846bcdec6f8e73b3379.jpg20220710_135525.thumb.jpg.d5bae9e1febb74e5fbb833b114aa31bf.jpg20220710_135510.thumb.jpg.9647fc87f91fa297d2469309bd989740.jpg

• Like 5

I second Lexiguy's comments🙂 ,great meeting up with the other SC430 owners, well done Juan for making it an easy place to meet-up!

Meet1.thumb.jpg.84c758698036428bae34305f5e4666b1.jpgMeet2.thumb.jpg.a632a626f9c2e2716273451a1b6bd2ab.jpg

• Like 2

Yes very well organised and a well chosen meeting point. Great to meet new and familiar owners and the guys and girls with the Soarers too. It should hopefully result in a few more regular contributors here.

I haven't seen this special car in a very long time. Soarer 1UZ-FE 5.0 litre stroked and supercharged cabriolet.

62211.thumb.jpg.948a86e5b347cef83b26b63088791af1.jpg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Bob King said:

Almost makes me want to buy another SC430 😉

Sometimes Bob you have some really have some good ideas! You know it makes sense! 😂

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Neil E said:

Yes very well organised and a well chosen meeting point. Great to meet new and familiar owners and the guys and girls with the Soarers too. It should hopefully result in a few more regular contributors here.

I haven't seen this special car in a very long time. Soarer 1UZ-FE 5.0 litre stroked and supercharged cabriolet.

62211.thumb.jpg.948a86e5b347cef83b26b63088791af1.jpg

I have always wanted to see this Soarer when I had mine back in 2005.

It was a surprise to see it there when we came out from lunch, it made my day🥰🥰

And thanks again to Juan for organising the event.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Lexiguy said:

Sometimes Bob you have some really have some good ideas! You know it makes sense! 😂

Extension to the London congestion charge as put any motoring plans on hold, including what I already own 😠😠

55 minutes ago, Russ59 said:

I have always wanted to see this Soarer when I had mine back in 2005.

It was a surprise to see it there when we came out from lunch, it made my day🥰🥰

And thanks again to Juan for organising the event.

Good to see your car in the meeting photo’s Russell…..you must have got on top of all the jobs that needed doing 😳😉

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Bob King said:

Good to see your car in the meeting photo’s Russell…..you must have got on top of all the jobs that needed doing 😳😉

Not there yet Bob,

New exhaust and reluctor rings and it might be there, they’re on hold at the moment though due to tight funds so will probably have to come off the road MOT time in September because I know it won’t pass as it is.

Oh and the occasional engine light coming on now😩😩😩

• Sad 3

What a bloody great turn out for the meet,  great to meet some old mates from lexus world Neil and Steve, these pair are just so easy going I feel like I have known them all my life . Nice to meet up with some new owners as well . Was a great location with a big car park all to ourselves , appreciate all you lot who travelled all them moles just to see me 🤣 knowing full well I only had to travel 13 miles. 

I took a photo of every car and shared the on Juan's Facebook group if anybody wants to view them .

• Like 2

Great to see you Paul. We need to get a few more owners to post their Qs on here. I did my best to promote the idea. FB is okay for saying hello but it's no substitute for a forum with a decent knowledge base.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Paul

Please share your pics on here because many people with SC's, like me do not Facebook. It would be great to see them!

It would be good to see this this club site populated and used regularly by all who attended.

Ant 

• Like 1

Hi guys

Has starting a register of SC's ever been considered or done?

As many classic car clubs do this and SC's are approaching classic status perhaps it merits some thought.

Holding that data may be one way we can ensure that everyone is aware of events.

What are your thoughts?

🐜 

I think a forum like this works better because topics come under a heading and easy to find,whereas on Facebook, posts tend to get lost, and if you need to find a particular post for info sometime down the line, you can be scrolling for ages and still never find it.

This site seemed very popular when I first joined it, but after a few Facebook pages opened up, it seemed to slow off a tad.

Trouble is, there have been a few fall outs as we know, then people who provide useful info tend to leave because of the fall outs with certain people, which is sad really.

That’s my input and I’ll still keep visiting here several times a day.

Shame the other site shut down, which was also useful and had good banter.

Right, I’m going over to Facebook now to catch up there 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Russ59
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Russ59 said:

I think a forum like this works better because topics come under a heading and easy to find,whereas on Facebook, posts tend to get lost, and if you need to find a particular post for info sometime down the line, you can be scrolling for ages and still never find it.

This site seemed very popular when I first joined it, but after a few Facebook pages opened up, it seemed to slow off a tad.

Trouble is, there have been a few fall outs as we know, then people who provide useful info tend to leave because of the fall outs with certain people, which is sad really.

That’s my input and I’ll still keep visiting here several times a day.

Shame the other site shut down, which was also useful and had good banter.

If I see you ask for help ..I’ll not be far away 😉

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Lexiguy said:

Hi guys

Has starting a register of SC's ever been considered or done?

As many classic car clubs do this and SC's are approaching classic status perhaps it merits some thought.

Holding that data may be one way we can ensure that everyone is aware of events.

What are your thoughts?

🐜

Ant, I used to advise new Members with SC 430`s to join Lexus World where they would be able to meet and converse with many SC Members inc Bob, Graham and Neil. I was a Member there too.I cannot do that now with its demise but of course they are always welcome here. A Lexus is always a Lexus.

Cannot you take on the Role of introducing an SC Register,by inviting SC Owners to get in touch with you and then you can assume the Role of Centre of the SC Universe ?

By doing so you will also keep us L.O.C Members informed of developments n the Lexus World.

Good luck.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links