Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

News Apps

Hi,

I am looking for recommendations for a new general news app. I usually use the BBC news app but this keeps wanting me to sign in which I am reluctant to create an account to do. The sky news app is ok but often repeats the news item in multiple boxes. 
I want unbiased UK and world news. Any recommendations? I don’t mind making a small subscription for the right content. 
Thanks

Paul

Hi Paul. There is no problem whatsoever with having to sign in to a BBC app. I've not had or come across any issues with having to do so. I use the music and TV ones by the way. The BBC is the best quality by far I've found. There's an icon to click which means once done it remembers you and you don't have to sign in. Yes I do have an account but as I've stated I've had no issues ever with BBC apps and I've had them for years probably over a decade. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, stepheneric said:

Al Jazzira

Unbiased does not exist.

You get news from Aljazeera, BBC, CNN, Deutsche Welle (dw.com - they have English too) and FOX (Trump biased) and then use your brain as a filter. They all promote in their point of view. All have videos and some have live news.

That way you get info from biased news from different sides.

The more languages you understand the more varied news you can hear.

Want news from outside: https://www.dw.com/en/james-webb-space-telescope-full-color-images-will-wow/a-62236601

• Like 1

On 6/25/2022 at 8:09 AM, PaulWhitt20 said:

I am looking for recommendations for a new general news app. I usually use the BBC news app but this keeps wanting me to sign in which I am reluctant to create an account to do. 

I would echo Vladimir’s comment and say that I too have had a BBC account for many years and have never found it of any concern.

I originally got it so that I could contribute to the many blogs that the BBC used to operate.  The science, religious and conspiracy based areas seemed to attract a particularly entertaining worldwide audience!

Eventually, these became too expensive to moderate and sadly fell victim to budget cuts.  But I maintained my account as I could think of no reason not too.

So I’m intrigued to know what your concern might be?  Maybe I’m missing something?

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments and suggestions. I don’t really have any concerns about creating a bbc account I was just being awkward in not wanting to create another account with another password to use something I used to use without.
I do enjoy reading some of the comments on the Have Your Say. Some give me a good laugh. 
I suppose I will have to create a bbc account in the end.  

• Like 2

On 6/27/2022 at 7:32 PM, PaulWhitt20 said:

I do enjoy reading some of the comments on the Have Your Say. Some give me a good laugh.

I agree with you there, Paul.

Occasionally, however, I noted how difficult it was to get a BBC Producer to concede that they might - just possibly - have got something wrong.  The problem of balanced reporting comes to mind.

Many years ago, while recording radio commercials for clients, I would be working with one through sharing production facilities.  When it came to certain production values - such as the perennial problems of mumbling, overloud background music - they were rather dismissive of listeners’ complaints.

Fortunately, as I was paying - they did it my way!

• Like 1

On 6/25/2022 at 4:13 PM, Las Palmas said:

Unbiased does not exist.

You get news from Aljazeera, BBC, CNN, Deutsche Welle (dw.com - they have English too) and FOX (Trump biased) and then use your brain as a filter. They all promote in their point of view. All have videos and some have live news.

That way you get info from biased news from different sides.

The more languages you understand the more varied news you can hear.

Want news from outside: https://www.dw.com/en/james-webb-space-telescope-full-color-images-will-wow/a-62236601

To that I would also add France 24, Talk TV, Whatfinger News (a site aggregator). Fox news comes in different guises not all DJT biased. I particularly like Tucker Carlson who I watch on YouTube as Fox News not accessible on usual UK channels. 

• 2 weeks later...

On 6/25/2022 at 4:09 AM, PaulWhitt20 said:

Hi,

I am looking for recommendations for a new general news app. I usually use the BBC news app but this keeps wanting me to sign in which I am reluctant to create an account to do. The sky news app is ok but often repeats the news item in multiple boxes. 
I want unbiased UK and world news. Any recommendations? I don’t mind making a small subscription for the right content. 
Thanks

Paul

Deutsche Welle (In english)

CNN

New York Times

The Guardian

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/1/2022 at 8:24 AM, Phil xxkr said:

That's about as unbiased as RT 🤯

Is it possible to find an unbiased news station, I think not

Watch / read a left, right and centre and try to mangle them all together in your mind. Good luck

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links