Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Why are folk selling their is250's

3 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

That Savagegeese video is an excellent one. He's done quite a few really good videos. This video however has within it a very important review and that is longevity of these ruddy expensive leccy cars. And wow what really surprised me is how car manufacturers basically spy on the car owners habits of what functions within the car they use and how often and on a daily basis. Jeez if they're spying on function use what else are they spying on?

Now in reality there are much cheaper leccy cars such as the MG brand. Sub 30k for a brand new leccy car which is really quite a ruddy good car for an EV. 

And yes I'm seeing more charging stations being built. Blimey Abington service station not only has about 8 tesla chargers they're installing another 8 other superdooper chargers. So that reduces the parking space count for the ice car of which there are many many more times that of EV's. 

Interesting thing in that video also about servicing hybrid cars that because of the ever increasing complexity they're going to be even dearer to service. Where is it all going to end!

We have an MG4 Trophy coming in a week or so for my Father in Law.  Fantastic car regardless of the price. 
I was expecting the build quality and materials to be on par with a wheelie bin, but was pleasantly surprised on our test drive. It felt and looked much better built than the ID3, for a good few thousand pounds less.  Time will tell if it stands the test of time but with 7 year warranty, MG seem pretty confident. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, toffee_pie said:

My company are big into EVs, they have taken up an entire parking lot with chargers, I would take a photo but it would be naughty and might land me in trouble but its a very sizable space and most of it is pretty vacant, I only see about 10 cars there at the moment which tells its own story in a place with 1k plus employees - but if companies are throwing all the money at this stuff and its not costing anyone money thats completely different from the layman who needs a car to go from A to B without forking out £40k in the process

I guess it depends on whether employees are entitled to a company car,   as the BIK for BEV’s are significantly lower than an ICE car including plug in hybrids. 

3 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

eez if they're spying on function use what else are they spying on?

How many times you fart?😶

All of this 'spying' reeks of invasion of privacy, do you sign a NDA when you purchase, sorry lease out a EV?

2 minutes ago, F.A. said:

I guess it depends on whether employees are entitled to a company car,   as the BIK for BEV’s are significantly lower than an ICE car including plug in hybrids. 

Well yes, but like I said its not doing the rest of the country who are not getting company cars much good is it - i could get a EV at work but paying £300 a month ish for a Peugeot e208 makes zero financial sense to me, that is probably much cheaper than you would pay were you not getting company perks, so its probably £400 a month plus for others

4 hours ago, Mr Vlad said:

Where is it all going to end!

When people get a bike and realise EVs are too much trouble than they are worth maybe - the 'goals' that govs have outlined for 2030 look delightful on paper but  in reality, they exist to perpetuate a charade. Their effect is to provide top-cover, while the regime set in place their globalist agenda. Any initiative that ties to one or more of these goals, can carve out a sizeable chunk of funding. These broad goals direct the flow of finance, and it all makes more sense when you see that as the driving force

I think EVs are another controlling mechanisim to get people off the road and have more control of the ones driving them, its only 2022 but the signs are already there. Controlling ones speed will be routine when EVs are everywhere, once you enter speed restricted zones the car can have its speed controlled by beacons, relays or such the gov want to install on Motorways or town and cities, they will in effect have more control of the car than whoever is driving it

sustainablegoals.png

I've actually stated I'd get the MG4 trophy when it appears with 450bhp (I heard it will) so good choice FA.

Yes it makes one wonder of personal information infringement but I've read they've wangled a way in. 

I think the day of 'Big Brother ' is far far off (total control of a government type organisation I mean like those in the terminator films)  where things are programmed into EV's of the future that take over control of the vehicle is its found speeding fir instance. 

I love my 15 year old V6 and it will take some extraordinary to replace it. Dealer service every year and if it needs it it gets it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, toffee_pie said:

Well yes, but like I said its not doing the rest of the country who are not getting company cars much good is it - i could get a EV at work but paying £300 a month ish for a Peugeot e208 makes zero financial sense to me, that is probably much cheaper than you would pay were you not getting company perks, so its probably £400 a month plus for others

I think you will find that the majority of people buying new cars nowadays lease them, so I don’t see how this differs from buying a new ICE car ?  I don’t think you will get anything interesting for £400 a month regardless of it being an ICE or BEV car 

18 minutes ago, F.A. said:

I think you will find that the majority of people buying new cars nowadays lease them, so I don’t see how this differs from buying a new ICE car ?  I don’t think you will get anything interesting for £400 a month regardless of it being an ICE or BEV car 

You can get plenty cars on finance but you can own them after 3/4 odd years in many a case, electric cars costing 60k+ or whatever are out of the reach of 90% of people hence why I said Banks and also Automotive manufacturers will love them, repairs etc are out of scope to almost everyone and the manufacturer will have freedom to do as they wish, including charge you for enabling features and whatever else they wish and all repairs, ICE cars could be repaired by anyone - I'm not even a mechanic and done most of the service on my car myself 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A scam, all EVs seem to have a range of 200-300 miles - under laboratory conditions. £50-60k+ for the privilege.

There is so much noise going on in the background that people are not smarting up to its alarming, like the study in Oxford where they are rolling out 15-minute travel zones where you can only use your car 100 a times year. Net zero is to get the affluent over indulgent and over populated western world off the road and they needed a Getty images energy war to go about it

The WEF have hijacked the G20 countries to such an extent nobody even knows, which is the entire plan. Interest rates going up every 5 weeks – the Bank of England are part of the plan.

I would really like that Jaguar but it’s not happening as long as I have this in the driveway

IMOkNxV.jpg

• Like 1

Well I've got time on my hands now. Off sick with a cracked rib after slipping on ice and crashing to the ground on my back on Friday morning. Yes it ruddy well hurts. 

Well there's 20 SE-L is250's out of 110 is250's for sale this week. I had a look a few weeks ago and it was similar. 

As for EV's in this climate now (it was -10 at Abingdon service station earlier (picture sent by a colleague)) I think their range will plummet at a higher percentage rate than both diesel and petrol cars.

A brother sold his Jag i-pace for that reason and a couple more reasons even though he really loved that car.

38 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

Well I've got time on my hands now. Off sick with a cracked rib after slipping on ice and crashing to the ground on my back on Friday morning. Yes it ruddy well hurts. 

Well there's 20 SE-L is250's out of 110 is250's for sale this week. I had a look a few weeks ago and it was similar. 

As for EV's in this climate now (it was -10 at Abingdon service station earlier (picture sent by a colleague)) I think their range will plummet at a higher percentage rate than both diesel and petrol cars.

A brother sold his Jag i-pace for that reason and a couple more reasons even though he really loved that car.

A smashed rib must hurt like hell, I've always wondered about how they heal and if it's like actually properly broken do they operate or just leave it?!.

Batteries degrade in winter, I've used Maccor test equipment in my previous roles, we had chambers to set temperature etc. What's worse is you cannot fast charge and current is restricted in cold weather. Below 5C charge current should be reduced, at 0C ideally no charging at all, lithium plating effects take hold and the outcome of that could be a disaster

So yeah good luck to the EV owners, guess that the experts never said that - I've had a quick look at a datasheet and it's around 15 percent capacity loss at 0C over 25C. 

56 minutes ago, toffee_pie said:

So yeah good luck to the EV owners, guess that the experts never said that 

The experts have said it, but it's the government is pushing for it it's like they blindly ignore the facts to please the tree huggers or are just stupid. Manufacturers know this well, a few manufacturers have openly spoken about disagreeing with the EV push, but if the government is forcing them to make them, the manufacturers then need to spend money on marketing to sell those vehicles to stay afloat... it's a viscous cycle, and unless the government opens their eyes, this will not stop. Depending on the country and where its electricity comes from, you have to drive your EV between 40,000-93,000 miles before it's on par with a regular ICE vehicle in terms of Co2 produced. There was a study from Norway that suggested something like 6,000 miles but their electricity is predominately created by water, but in a lot of countries it's made from coal.

It might get better eventually with better Battery technology, but right now it's a sh*tshow

11 minutes ago, H3XME said:

The experts have said it, but it's the government is pushing for it it's like they blindly ignore the facts to please the tree huggers or are just stupid. Manufacturers know this well, a few manufacturers have openly spoken about disagreeing with the EV push, but if the government is forcing them to make them, the manufacturers then need to spend money on marketing to sell those vehicles to stay afloat... it's a viscous cycle, and unless the government opens their eyes, this will not stop. You gotta drive an EV for like 30-40 years to become more carbon friendly or whatever than ICE cars because the production is such a strain on the environment. But now think, those cars will not be driving in 15 years, let alone 30-40 lol. 

It might get better eventually with better battery technology, but right now it's a sh*tshow

I very much doubt that the folks getting EVs are aware of all these issues, they certainly aren't told by sales reps - I know because it's my skill set but not everyone has knowledge like that. Governments said they are green, which is garbage as they have batteries weighing half a tonne per each car or so so how people think they have green credentials is beyond me

26 minutes ago, toffee_pie said:

I very much doubt that the folks getting EVs are aware of all these issues, they certainly aren't told by sales reps - I know because it's my skill set but not everyone has knowledge like that. Governments said they are green, which is garbage as they have batteries weighing half a tonne per each car or so so how people think they have green credentials is beyond me

Of course they're not aware, if you use your brain then you know they're not green at all. It's really not worth paying premium for inconvenient silence that looks green.. Sure, you're not polluting your local village or town, but the big factories that make them are even dirtier so on a global scale, it causes more pollution than regular vehicles.. not to mention the global c02 produced by cars only makes up about 4% so targeting motorists, just because it's easy, isn't gonna do f*ck all in the long run. It's factories, industrial & commercial sector that produces the rest. Cars really aren't the big issue here.  

1 minute ago, H3XME said:

Of course they're not aware, if you use your brain then you know they're not green at all. It's really not worth paying premium for inconvenient silence that looks green.. Sure, you're not polluting your local village or town, but the big factories that make them are even dirtier so on a global scale, it causes more pollution than regular vehicles.. not to mention the global c02 produced by cars only makes up about 4% so targeting motorists, just because it's easy, isn't gonna do f*ck all in the long run. It's factories, industrial & commercial sector that produces the rest. Cars really aren't the big issue here.  

The experts are not saying this narrative however, which is why my opinion is that EVs are used as a controlling mechanism to get people off the road. I've said more than a few times that cars themselves aren't the issue with climate change, manufacturing is the bigger and ironically all the EVs will only make this worse in the long run since the carbon footprint of a single EV is far worse than a combustion engine car.

If govs said that electric cars are useful and worthy of consideration if you live in the city that would make some sense but banning of all combustion engine cars worldwide clearly has evil at work - all these useless ULEZ zones will also increase. It's going to be getting more and more challenging for driving until some will just probably give up entirely what with the extra cost and expenses of needed a 50k EV to be compliant. 

Eric. A cracked rib is just about the biggest inconvenience and painful experience. Examples. Bending over to say put socks on. Hurts like hell. Breathing is affected. Getting up from a sofa hurts like hell. I have to tence up just to get up and to bend. Walking is affected. I'm walking at a quarter pace. I wouldn't wish this to anyone. 

7 minutes ago, toffee_pie said:

The experts are not saying this narrative however, which is why my opinion is that EVs are used as a controlling mechanism to get people off the road. I've said more than a few times that cars themselves aren't the issue with climate change, manufacturing is the bigger and ironically all the EVs will only make this worse in the long run since the carbon footprint of a single EV is far worse than a combustion engine car.

If govs said that electric cars are useful and worthy of consideration if you live in the city that would make some sense but banning of all combustion engine cars worldwide clearly has evil at work - all these useless ULEZ zones will also increase. It's going to be getting more and more challenging for driving until some will just probably give up entirely what with the extra cost and expenses of needed a 50k EV to be compliant. 

It's not gonna be easy/possible to stop this now anyway.. the amount of people that have huge money invested in this will keep pushing for it otherwise someone will lose their shares... It just shows that nobody with real power actually gives a crap about the planet, it's just a money making scheme for the Battery industry and everyone else involved. F*ck me, they can't even make phone batteries last 1-2 weeks on 1 charge, how can they think they can make cars with a decent range 🤣 

I think it's too soon for this, global push to ban ICE cars by 2035 in a lot of the countries is silly and not feasible. All it's gonna do is push the used ICE car market up until EVs will be in a price range of regular cars with matching range in one charge.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

Eric. A cracked rib is just about the biggest inconvenience and painful experience. Examples. Bending over to say put socks on. Hurts like hell. Breathing is affected. Getting up from a sofa hurts like hell. I have to tence up just to get up and to bend. Walking is affected. I'm walking at a quarter pace. I wouldn't wish this to anyone. 

Ouch, what's the recovery time?! Hopefully not too long 

Eric the recovery time all depends on the individual. I'm 60 so I'm looking at 3-4 weeks. When I was in my late 20's I was knocked off my motorbike and smashed my hip. 6 weeks in traction and another 6 weeks recovery and back in work and on my fixed bike which I fixed whilst recovering. The older you get the longer it takes for bones to repair. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

Eric the recovery time all depends on the individual. I'm 60 so I'm looking at 3-4 weeks. When I was in my late 20's I was knocked off my motorbike and smashed my hip. 6 weeks in traction and another 6 weeks recovery and back in work and on my fixed bike which I fixed whilst recovering. The older you get the longer it takes for bones to repair. 

In other news I see you moved from London to Manchester.

19 minutes ago, Mr Vlad said:

It goes without saying, get well soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Errrr Oz. I've never lived in London. Born n bred in Manchester now living in sunny Rochdale. Don't know where you got me in London from so please elaborate. 

It's ok. My bad and or typo error. Mistake about my cars service history. Yes it's 1st 11 years were serviced at Edgeware Rd but in my ownership at Stockport. Oh and once at a Toyota garage before I got it.

You are all making such assumptions here that people are solely buying EVs for their supposedly green credentials.  
I think you will find that a lot of people are fully aware that EVs are not as green as the government would like you to think and are also fully aware of the negatives, such as a drop off in range during the winter months. These people, such as myself, are buying an EV as a business decision, due to the tax benefits they present. These people are clearly using their brains. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, F.A. said:

You are all making such assumptions here that people are solely buying EVs for their supposedly green credentials.  
I think you will find that a lot of people are fully aware that EVs are not as green as the government would like you to think and are also fully aware of the negatives, such as a drop off in range during the winter months. These people, such as myself, are buying an EV as a business decision, due to the tax benefits they present. These people are clearly using their brains. 

That’s a completely different story if one buys it through business.. now the thing is, if it wasn’t for Bik how many evs would we see on the roads then? I don’t think people get them because they necessarily really want one but it’s more so the fact that it makes sense for certain fortunate individuals. I’d be the same, why pay more for a C class diesel merc when I can have a cheaper ev. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links