Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Windscreen washer nozzle

Does anyone know how to improve the washer nozzle on a Rx450h. Mine appears blocked, I'm thinking either replace it with a new one (not sure how difficult it is) or unblock it with a sharp pin.

If anyone has any advice, it would be greatly appreciated

Kind regards 

I’d certainly first try and unblock it with a pin. If you have hard water it may be blocked with limescale. I’ve success in the past by squirting some bathroom limescale remover into the nozzle and leaving it for about an hour before poking with a thin needle. 

not sure about your car BUT on my 1995 Ls400 it's a pin in the nozzle job and woweeee success

BUT on my 2006 Honda Legend it's a £14 nozzle that's just got to be replaced ............. modern cars don't make for a simple and inexpensive life methinks

Malc

4 hours ago, Ahmed464 said:

If anyone has any advice, it would be greatly appreciated

Pretty certain I read in the manual for the 4th Gen don't use a pin as it will damage the nozzle, so suggest you check the manual first for your version.

Yes, the RC manual also tells you not to use a pin “or other object” to clear the nozzle because you will damage it.  I am guessing that this is because the pin is solid and, if wiggled, can physically deform the nozzle walls and/or opening.  I am generally reluctant to ignore the manual but, whenever I see what looks like lime scale developing in and around the nozzles, I strip a short length of electrical wire and use one of the internal copper strands to unclog them.  No doubt anything similarly thin and flexible and not prone to snapping would also do the trick.

It could be the same thing that happened to me last year. If I remember rightly you have to remove the under bonnet sound proofing (beware you will probably snap the retaining clips) and that will expose a junction which is spring loaded and wears after time. It is this that needs replacing along with any broken clips. Ring Dave at Lex-Tek autos in Wales south of Sheffield 01909 774300 who did mine for £20.00 all in. If it's the same problem that is where the system was working but the water was barely reaching the screen when activated.

Best nozzle unblocker I’ve found is to use a strand of wire from a wire brush. It’s rigid but flexible, doesn’t break and with a pair of pliers it’s easy to remove one strand without dislodging the rest.

34 minutes ago, Vicmeldrew said:

Best nozzle unblocker I’ve found is to use a strand of wire from a wire brush. It’s rigid but flexible, doesn’t break and with a pair of pliers it’s easy to remove one strand without dislodging the rest.

Even better (if one can obtain one) is to use a 'pricker' made for a Primus stove.

It has a flat handle to hold, and a (seemingly) perfect type of wire for unblocking blocked things!

I'm thinking, as with my Honda Legend, the nozzle just isnt possible to " unblock " with a thread of anything .......  there's summat silly in the nozzle itself that's so stupidly high tec it just has to be replaced ......  at a silly cost sadly

Malc

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links