Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sat Nav whirrs when car is turned - covered under warranty?

Akash

When i turn my car on, the Sat Nav screen flips up - and then there is a continued motorised whirring sound coming from the Sat Nav mechanism.... would anyone know if it ought to be covered by the warranty.      It has not been obviously damaged in anyway...and i bought the car from a Lexus main dealer about 11 months ago (so within the 12 month warranty).   

I would contact the supplying dealer and see what they say - there is an obvious fault present.

I would do it sooner rather than later just incase they cannot book you in promptly

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, cruisermark said:

I would contact the supplying dealer and see what they say - there is an obvious fault present.

I would do it sooner rather than later just incase they cannot book you in promptly

I agree with Mark and would expect it to be covered by the initial 12 month warranty..

• Like 1

Yep should be covered under the warranty. Just give them a call asap. 

As its been logged before 12 months finished, it would be covered regardless of whether they managed to look at it in 1 month or 1 week

• Like 1

Probably is some kind of construction error, that they have noticed there could/have/would come problems with. Why else would the later models not have the nicely hidden monitor, but instead a steadily visible one?

Hi, ok...thankyou.  i bought it 2nd hand from a Main Lexus dealer ...but the customer service was so poor.... they sold me the car with 2 flat tyres, a boot that does not close properly...and it took such a big fight  to get the tyres replaced .....i was so incensed/disheartened ....that when this happened a few weeks ago...I was not confident that they would consider helping.....hopefully they will !!         

Thanks for the replies

1 hour ago, Akash said:

Hi, ok...thankyou.  i bought it 2nd hand from a Main Lexus dealer ...but the customer service was so poor.... they sold me the car with 2 flat tyres, a boot that does not close properly...and it took such a big fight  to get the tyres replaced .....i was so incensed/disheartened ....that when this happened a few weeks ago...I was not confident that they would consider helping.....hopefully they will !!         

Thanks for the replies

Seems you experience with Lexus is not good at all. Since the Japanese management left the island here Lexus/Toyota has similar poor service where I live. Maybe Toyota should start getting Japanese management back to take care of handling their cars so reputation could come back where it once was. Or maybe they do not care as they are so big they make money anyway. Maybe call Lexus international.

South Korea seems to take over the good reputation that once did belong to Japan.

1 hour ago, Akash said:

Thanks for the replies

Please name the Dealer who is providing lousy standards Akash.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Akash said:

i bought it 2nd hand from a Main Lexus dealer ...but the customer service was so poor.... they sold me the car with 2 flat tyres, a boot that does not close properly….

Would you care to reveal who this dealer was, Akash?

Some times, Dealers have to be reminded that poor service has consequences!

• Like 1

Hi, it was Lexus Nottingham.  (But I live in Reading) The initial sales person just put me in touch with someone more “senior” and my goodness was he awful.  I literally had to prove my tyres were flat … they did not accept my photos…and finally got the help of from the BMW Service Guy who was sympathetic.. he worked in a BMW branch that was part of the same group.  I tried to complain and they would not even respond…it was just atrocious.   I just wish I had a legaL background to threaten some sort of legal action.

… thanks for the supportive comments! 

58 minutes ago, Akash said:

Hi, it was Lexus Nottingham.  (But I live in Reading) The initial sales person just put me in touch with someone more “senior” and my goodness was he awful.  I literally had to prove my tyres were flat … they did not accept my photos…and finally got the help of from the BMW Service Guy who was sympathetic.. he worked in a BMW branch that was part of the same group.  I tried to complain and they would not even respond…it was just atrocious.   I just wish I had a legaL background to threaten some sort of legal action.

Flat tyres render a car unroadworthy.  Unless you were made aware of it at the time - and accepted their condition - then it was a criminal offence under the Road Traffic Act 1988.

And that applies to both Trade and Private Sales.

Not sure if you can take retrospective action, but that may be a possibility.  They might have to prove that you were made aware of the condition and accepted it.  For example, was it mentioned on the Sales Particulars of the car?

I suspect not!

And you will have to provide supporting evidence of the condition of the tyres.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Akash said:

Thank you Akash. I understand that it is part of the Inchcape Group,but is a franchise that not been subject to much criticism in the recent past.

If we accept your view of events and in my opinion it would be illogical not to, then an extremely strongly worded letter/email to the current Dealer Principal would seem to be in order. Such matters need to be addressed in order to inform and importantly to try to prevent such inadequate Customer Service being distributed to future customers.

I am certain that Lexus U.K. would not wish to be associated with such lamentable behaviour.

If you would like to send me a Private Message (PM) setting out as full as possible the complete story of your purchase and subsequent events, I will try to compose a letter for you to consider sending to a Senior Person at INCHCAPE. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They were slow puncture.... so it was only after not driving the cars for a few days that i noticed.  No, definitely not aware of anything untoward with the car - just the usual spiel that car is in great condition etc.....   I sent so many emails - almost pleading for just a reasonable response - it was so stressful.     The only way they agreed - was when I took it to BMW Inchcape to prove it - left the car there for a few days and they saw that 2 tyres had gone flat.... the BMW inchcape person then contacted this "senior" guy - and then they agreed to replace tyres...... but still had not acknowledged other issues.

Roy , thank you - I  will contact you.  I also thought the same re Lexus not wanting an unhappy customer...but this "senior" person just stopped responding...by which time i was just fed up..and had run out of energy after fighting this for about 6-8 weeks.  i did log all of this on something called Resolver...but that did not seem to amount to anything.   

Anyway, thanks again, all.

Such "senior executives" should be fired for not caring about keeping their customers happy. If the poor performance of such persons that are there to keep the business running smooth and fine is not brought to the attention of leaders of the brand they will just continue to perform poor and value short term profit higher than customers satisfaction.

• Like 2

If the car was purchased as an approved Lexus vehicle then it would have come with a 12 month Lexus extended warranty. You can take it to any Lexus dealer, you don't have to deal with the supplying one, therefore going to Lexus Reading would make sense.

If it wasn't sold as an official Lexus used vehicle and only came with an Inchcape warranty then go to Lexus Guildford.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Akash said:

They were slow puncture.... so it was only after not driving the cars for a few days that i noticed.  No, definitely not aware of anything untoward with the car - just the usual spiel that car is in great condition etc.....   I sent so many emails - almost pleading for just a reasonable response - it was so stressful.     The only way they agreed - was when I took it to BMW Inchcape to prove it - left the car there for a few days and they saw that 2 tyres had gone flat.... the BMW inchcape person then contacted this "senior" guy - and then they agreed to replace tyres...... but still had not acknowledged other issues.

Roy , thank you - I  will contact you.  I also thought the same re Lexus not wanting an unhappy customer...but this "senior" person just stopped responding...by which time i was just fed up..and had run out of energy after fighting this for about 6-8 weeks.  i did log all of this on something called Resolver...but that did not seem to amount to anything.   

Anyway, thanks again, all.

My own use of Resolver found it be a complete waste of time and effort. Others however have reported satisfaction with it Akash.

2 hours ago, Las Palmas said:

Such "senior executives" should be fired for not caring about keeping their customers happy. If the poor performance of such persons that are there to keep the business running smooth and fine is not brought to the attention of leaders of the brand they will just continue to perform poor and value short term profit higher than customers satisfaction.

Agreed John, but too many so called Leaders make no effort whatsoever to find out what performance is like both at their own level and those subordinate to them.

In other words they are content to receive the rewards but not the responsibility.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links