Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

VSC warning ⚠️ light.

Hi everyone - just got an IS 250 (automatic and MOTed) and 2 weeks later I fetch some gas, put on the parking brake and the VSC WARNING LIGHT is on forever. What can I do? Pressed the TRC button and all that.

Help!

• 3 weeks later...

Yes petrol cap can cause this but to test the cap it's best to run the tank to low. When removing the cap you should hear a rush of air. If not then a new cap is needed.

Sods law. My car came up VSC and engine management light on yesterday. No detrimental effect on how the car ran. Revved oh so freely to red line in the 1st 4 gears. Read somewhere it could be dirty MAF sensor. So today I disconnected the Battery both posts. Cleaned the MAF. 35 minutes later car starts and idles at 1300 revs but after a few minutes settles to 700rpm. Oh no more VSC light.

I was going to get my car diagnosed but £65 + the dreaded? No chance. Not worth buying a cheap diagnostic reader as they don't tell the whole story. 

Battery disconnect for half hour.

Check filler cap

Clean MAF.

The 1st things to try before diagnostics.

Oh a 4th thing to check is the drop link sensor at the rear axle (its name escapes me). They can seize and break and cause VSC. Mine got knocked which threw up VSC but after straightening no more VSC.

• Like 1

Could be the O2 sensor are on the way out, there are 2 to be replaced, 1 on each side of the engine.

Another thing could be wheel sensor that plug into each wheel bearing.

Either way u need to get odbc fault code to correctly diagnose it but my money is on O2 sensor.

• Like 1

On 7/16/2022 at 7:49 AM, BobIS250 said:

Hi everyone - just got an IS 250

Could you take it back to where you bought it from and get 'them' to fix it?

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links