Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

JD Power

Do consumer surveys affect your car buying decisions?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Do consumer surveys affect your car buying decisions?

• Yes
    • No

well, i certainly take the findings into consideration...

i.e. I was confident the Lexus would be reliable, and customer service would be good..

Also, I doubt i'd buy a fiat or alfa, which was influenced by the report...

But I wouldnt say thats all i base my descion on though.. but definatly adds to it..

In my view yes they do.

I chose Lexus because I was fed up with the disgusting service I got from other marques.

The "Lexus experience" was being confirmed by people voting in these surveys and together with sites like this I think you get a fair representation of a product.

Because I am after an honest after sales service that I expect as a consumer I will be watching these surveys with interest and will look at the information to aid me in my next purchase.

I hope Lexus continue to think of the customer as its greatest asset and not get complacent. It is the after sales service that makes or breaks a company.

:D :D

I doubt if I be persuaded to buy a car that was at the top if I didn't already want it, but I definitely would be put off a car at the bottom of the survery if I was just considering it (if that makes sense)

Same here....

Although I voted YES, if I really didn't like what was on top of the list then I still wouldn't buy it.

But if I liked a car and then realised it was at the bottom of the list then I would probably stay away.

I think the report does influence my car choice (a little) :)

I doubt if I be persuaded to buy a car that was at the top if I didn't already want it, but I definitely would be put off a car at the bottom of the survery if I was just considering it (if that makes sense)

Same here....

Although I voted YES, if I really didn't like what was on top of the list then I still wouldn't buy it.

But if I liked a car and then realised it was at the bottom of the list then I would probably stay away.

I think the report does influence my car choice (a little) :)

Ditto -- i think that there should have been a "possibly" chioce in the poll ;)

Well I have answered no. I had not heard of JD Power until I went into a Lexus / Subaru showroom, looked at the cars and took a brochure to read.

From my experience with cars ( not just Lexus ) I don't think what other people think will necessarily mean you will think the same whether it is good or bad.

With regards to the "Lexus Experience" mine has not been good and that was well reflected in my answers to the JD Power survey I received. But the minority do not impact the majority.

I bought my IS200 in the hope that I was joining in on the whole "Lexus experience" (as indicated by the JD Power survey and also promised by Lexus sales staff before I handed over the dosh), to be honest though I've found that Lexus dealers behave no differently to any other dealership out there.

I really do like my IS200, I'm just disappointed that the after-sales isn't as good as I was expecting.

I voted NO

as I have never bourght a brand new car. I had never heard of the JD Power thing until I joined this club. I got my Lex because I liked the look of it and I didnt know much about Lexus until after I had got the car. When I found out about the JD survey it was a nice surprise and gave me alot more faith in the brand :D but at the end of the day I buy things because I like them not just because they are popular or reccomended.

I would agree with Rodders. It is definatly a 'hygiene' factor rather then a 'motivator'

I.e. a high place in survey confirms the other reasons you have chosen the car for and only if it was a low score it would perhaps put people off buying the car.

Bit like good working environments - if your office is top rate no one comments, after an initial wow most people just expect it however if you have to work in a pit it can be a constant source of dissatisfaction and bad comments.

For more info try a web search on 'Frederick Hertzberg'

Blimy that was a bit deep for a Saturday morning - must go and have an irresponsible raz in the TT now to make up for it! B)

JD Power Survey's are not worth the paper they are printed on, because the results are not weighted to the total vehicle sales of one brand or type

As for the 'Lexus experience' forget it. They are no better than any other car dealer

Ditto -- i think that there should have been a "possibly" chioce in the poll ;)

No need for a 'possibly'. It either affects your decision or it doesn't!

I was not asking if you would blindly buy the winner of the next survey but just wanted a handle on how many people would consider other peoples experiences before shelling out their hard earned cash.

As a "No", I don't consider other people's opinions to be expert opinions unless they ARE experts and even then with a pinch of salt.

I bought my lexus 'cos I knew even Toyotas have very quiet engines, plus the German sister magazine to 'Autocar' said Lexus follow quality procedures to the letter, plus Toyota build a corolla in the same time as it took BMW to put right the bugs in their cars showing they spend a vast amount of effort in the design for manufacturing process. Just imagine how much time they spend on the actual design of the car's functionality. Plus Autocar REALLY bad mouthed the LS400 so I bought one.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links