Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2019 Lexus CT 200h Review

ThomasLexus94

Hey everyone,

I thought I would share my experience with the 2019 Lexus CT 200h. Had this car from new, waited about 7 months back in 2019 from ordering to receiving the CT. Specified the blue paint, the premium pack and I think the tech pack. The CT has the larger screen from the IS/ES model, black leather seats, the newer look headlights, tinted windows, keyless entry & heated seats to name a few options.

I quite like the fact you don't see too many facelift CT's about, the newer front end looks sharp and in my eyes looks similar to the facelifted RC.

The main negative of the CT is the harsh ride, this was not an F sport car and it rides so stiff and it is very jarring over imperfections on the road. I found it very unLexus like, especially considering how smooth the other models are, such as my previous RX or my mother's 2019 IS 300h. (it felt more stiff than my 2015 VW Golf GTD). Speaking of the GTD, the boot space & rear legroom was not fantastic for a family hatchback. The positives are the car never needed any repairs or unexpected trips to the dealership in the 26k miles of ownership, the dealer service is obviously good (Lexus Glasgow).

I like the larger screen, the heated seats warmed up quickly (as did cabin through Scottish winters).

The car has recently left due to it being a company car & job change, lasting impressions are overall positive and it will be missed.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Andy1974 said:

hi I remember watching your videos before I got my ct, your right about the ride ive put mine down to the fact the low profile tyres 

This is a personal thing, but I have an F Sport and find the ride really smooth. Have had other cars costing more which really felt harsh. With the improved suspension this car really holds the road well and corners like it is stuck to the road.

Depends what you expect and have been used too. Many cars have harsh suspension. 

I was really surprised how much I like the drive on this given all the negative reviews and comments you read. I also do not find the CVT engine noise loud or harsh, I really wonder what people expect. Increase the revs on an engine the noise increases, pretty much the same for every car.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I’ve always found that the criticism of Lexus icvt a bit odd. As mentioned earlier any car increases revs when accelerating whether a manual or automatic. However, the smoothness of our cvt is far superior clunkiness/jerkiness found in ‘normal’ automatics. Sorry for inventing new words!

• Like 3

All subjective but I like the slightly from ride of our CT. The cvt is so smooth that overall the car is just very relaxed even with its firm ride which provides good handling and road feel together with the lovely relaxed interior.

In fact the CT is the perfect contrast to my beast, LS 600hL which in comfort mode simply glides over most roads with effortless grace. I love driving both in their different ways.

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links