Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Im looking at buying a GS250 as a daily we do only now 150-200 miles a month 10 miles max to the local shop,ive had 20 plus other cars Porsche to Maserati never a Lexus.Im aware of the legendary reliability and im suprised how well priced they are compared to the German makes. I was looking for a GS250 only on price as a similar 5 series is 50%-70% more. I have found one 2012 with 9 stamps 7 Lexus under 40k miles.All brakes tyres done in last 6000 miles.Its due a Service last one was 4k miles ago, i have been quoted £650 -20% at the local Lexus AD which is the main 10 year one .Is there anyhting really to look for there seems to be nothing on the MOT and if all brakes done with tyres is there anything needs looking out for on the GS Mk4?

Nothing really to look out for on them to be honest.

The only thing I can think of is it wont go under the Lexus Relax warranty scheme as itll be over 10 years old but if that doesnt bother you then its fine

Hi thanks for the quick response i was actually just on the phone to Lexus it will go on the new extended 10-15 year warranty they have now upto 150k or 15 years old.

You're paying about £200 for the spark plug change but they don't need doing until past 60K miles

It is ridiculous to change plugs based on time.

If they will do the warranty without the plug change you'd be quids in.

Thanks , i was thinking is it worth going for a GS300 2016+ for the extra 10-20% in initial cost, i know the boot space is smaller.Is there any difference in the ICE or camera ,i can see the bumpers were updated v the GS250.

GS300h will be a very different driving experience from the 250. The 300h has 4cyl. 2.5l engine vs the V6 in the 250. The 300h is slower on paper and will feel even slower because of the CVT. If you're not bothered about the fuel  economy then 250 is the better choice imo. 

lexus-gs-brochure-2012-uk.pdflexus-gs-brochure-2012-uk.pdflexus-gs-brochure-2012-uk.pdfLexusGS300h2017.pdfLexusGS300h2017.pdf

I have, hopefully attached brochures for the 2012 and 2017 GS to refer to.

The 2016+ model is improved in several ways:

Adaptive Cruise control is standard.

Headup display and heated steering wheel is standard on Premier.

The steering and drive is improved.

The rear camera definition is better.

The menu and facilities behind the steering wheel is better (certainly on the premier.) The appearance of maps and entertainment screens is different, the screen can be split in later model.

The Interior switches are slightly different but the massively comfortable seats appear to be the same.

The 2016+ version is a lower insurance group to previous version.

To give indication of ease of finding one, Numbers of 2016/18 GS300 imported are approx: 

Premier 123

Fsport 97

Luxury 124

Exec 760

Annual cost difference in of 250 vs 300 is £350 in tax plus about £500 in petrol. If to continue with Lexus warranty post 10 years old that may be ?£450pa?

Running cost difference over 4 years for 2014 250 vs 2016 300 is therefore 4 x 850 + 2 x 450 so  £4300.

• Like 1

Don't buy the 250 F Sport if your poor the rear tyres are 265 35 R19 Y & the front 235 40 R19 Y a set of good tyres such as my Contact Sport 7 doesn't in come in cheap but well worth it over the budgets that came on it when I got it.

Nearly 4 years of running my GS250 and absolutely delighted with its reliability and general ownership. Not really interested in changing it at the moment as nothing/little else is capable of replacing what it brings to the table. 

• 2 weeks later...

GS4 a great car, I had the 300h from new for 6 years, close to zero issues.

before that I had the GS460 and was impressed with the GS 250 as a loan car. They are mainly low mileage and well cared for, go for it unless you really need the economy of the 300h.

I've always wondered what the 300h would be like as its always gets mixed reviews on power, Park Street roundabout near needs a bit of instant power just to get out safety from the A5 side on my commute.

And I do like having the proper 6 speed auto the last of the last with a normal V6 that the world will probably ever see from Toyota.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links