Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Which Tyre Gauge and how Accurate

Hello to one and all I purchased this Tyre pressure gauge (see photo) from amazon last year to see how accurate it was I went to my Lexus dealer to compare with there pressure gauge they said your gauge is -1 psi to ours I also checked with my local tyre shop the same -1psi  how do you check your gauge 

D82FCDC8-9211-41C5-B934-E1675B123F02.thumb.jpeg.d06cf4f688c4a3e1dc224856ce47cf88.jpeg

Well, I tend to use two tyre gauges, one on my air pump, and a small pocket one.

They are both +/- 1 psi with each other - and I'm comfortable with that.

I'm quite prepared to believe that all tyre pressure gauges will have an 'accurate' lifespan - so when these two start to disagree more strenuously, then I'll replace (one of?) them.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Marlinleg said:

Hello to one and all I purchased this Tyre pressure gauge (see photo) from Amazon last year to see how accurate it was I went to my Lexus dealer to compare with there pressure gauge they said your gauge is -1 psi to ours I also checked with my local tyre shop the same -1psi  how do you check your gauge 

D82FCDC8-9211-41C5-B934-E1675B123F02.thumb.jpeg.d06cf4f688c4a3e1dc224856ce47cf88.jpeg

I have a couple of these TireTek gauges.  They’re supposed to conform to a standard that demands an accuracy of 2%.  Considering that you could be +- 1psi just reading a dial type gauge - and that you don’t know how accurate the dealer’s gauge is - I think you can regard this result as being well within acceptable limits!

Incidentally,I found them to be an excellent company to deal with.  I had a problem with first one I bought and it was replaced without a quibble.

I have this one,easy to use and reads in different scales. Had it now for 6 years i paid £29 back then. It came with a calibration cetificate of +/- 1 psi

Screenshot 2022-08-29 16.19.33.png

Edited by McRattlehead
add detail

I bought this, -GS/TUV Approved and ANSI Grade B accuracy ( 2% accuracy).

71Gn8asKs4L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

RACE X RX0014 Tyre Pressure Gauge
Total accuracy isn't really necessary, just check the tyres regularly and if they are wearing evenly across the tread, all is fine 

14 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

I bought this, -GS/TUV Approved and ANSI Grade B accuracy ( 2% accuracy).

71Gn8asKs4L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

RACE X RX0014 Tyre Pressure Gauge
Total accuracy isn't really necessary, just check the tyres regularly and if they are wearing evenly across the tread, all is fine 

I have this one too (thanks to @NemesisUKfor the recommendation a while ago) and am pleased with it. I especially like the fact that it's easy to insert into the tyre valve and easy to read. 

• Like 1

I have a small Battery compressor with a digital gauge which I bought for my bike. It seems to match the readings I get with my other pumps, so I'm happy with it. It's good for inflating the bike tyres, and fine for topping up 1 or 2 psi if the car needs it, but takes a while to do much more than that on a big car tyre. Mostly it just lets me check that all the tyre pressures are the same.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Xiaomi-Portable-Electric-Compressor-Operated/dp/B09JZWJ2QY/ref=sr_1_40?crid=RSZ055XDIPJC&keywords=battery+tyre+pump&qid=1661791535&sprefix=battery+tyre+pump%2Caps%2C1932&sr=8-40

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links