Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Brochure...?

Kevin Williams

Has anybody a .pfd Brochure for the latest SC 430…?

When my builders empty my side garage. I have decided that I will buy an SC 430 to put in it, and drive occasionally…

I see this one for sale has parking sensors front and rear…

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202208239054803?postcode=pl253qb&sort=price-desc&advertising-location=at_cars&radius=1500&model=SC%20430&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=Used&make=Lexus&include-delivery-option=on&page=1

I think they have been fitted after-market…? I don’t think they were a Lexus option at the time of purchase…?

The SC 430 that I owned in 2002 didn’t have them…

430 Front 2.JPG

Great number plate—probably worth more than the car to some people! :yes: That one looks more like my 07 car, but there look to be a lot of minor changes on the black one advertised. The spec isn't available (unless you're making a full enquiry, I suppose), so I couldn't check whether it has a reversing camera. It seems that few of these cars sold in the UK had them, unlike the American cars.

51 minutes ago, Ken Timbers said:

Great number plate—probably worth more than the car to some people! :yes: That one looks more like my 07 car, but there look to be a lot of minor changes on the black one advertised. The spec isn't available (unless you're making a full enquiry, I suppose), so I couldn't check whether it has a reversing camera. It seems that few of these cars sold in the UK had them, unlike the American cars.

Thanks Ken. Does your 2007 SC 430 have parking sensors...? It will be a tight fit in the garage I will be putting it in... Sometimes I have suspended a tennis ball to touch the windscreen so I knew when to stop...!

just reading the Anglia Auto Auction site and they've a nice looking Lexus Sc430 on there .........  a true and proper value no doubt at the auction

Malc

37 minutes ago, Kevin Williams said:

Does your 2007 SC 430 have parking sensors...?

Hi Kevin. Neither parking sensors or reversing camera, but I haven't found parking sensors much use on a number of previous, more modern Lexus cars I've owned, so I wasn't fussed about getting them installed. However, I've a slightly tricky entrance to my driveway, made more difficult by parked cars opposite and to the side, and I've found a reversing camera made all the difference. As a result I've ordered the correct kit from SC430mods.com in America, and it's being installed next Friday!

There's been some recent discussion on this forum about ways to cope with tight fits in a garage—see "Garage doors". I used the dangling tennis ball option when I used my garage, but it's now full of junk and there's no space for a car!

• Like 2

I'm not sure when it was first offered but rear parking sensors were a 'dealer fit' option. Mine had them and the separate Lexus brochure for them too.   

13 hours ago, Neil E said:

I'm not sure when it was first offered but rear parking sensors were a 'dealer fit' option. Mine had them and the separate Lexus brochure for them too.   

Thanks for your post Neil... What year is your SC430...?

• Like 1

Hi! On one of the photos you can see front sensors  and they are black on  a silver car so Imo they are not original but great looking car though  at that mileage I would check underneath especially exhaust which looks original and I changed mine at similar mileage otherwise stunning car and well worth a look👍

Hi Kevin

The parking sensors on the front are black so I would imagine that they will certainly be aftermarket additions.

I have just ordered front and rear flush fitting ones in silver and will get around to fitting them in the next few weeks.

To my knowledge I have never seen genuine factory fit sensors because if I could find that rare beast I could copy the spacings!

Anthony 

On 8/31/2022 at 11:12 AM, Kevin Williams said:

Thanks for your post Neil... What year is your SC430...?

Hi Kevin it's a 2006 '06' model. Unfortunately my rear bumper is no longer 'factory' but if I go to the back of the archives there may be a pic of the original bumper with the dealer-fit rear sensors.

Not the best image but try this. 

Half way through page one of the build thread 'how to ruin an SC430'

Ant if you want the exact spacing dims, I may be able to help as the original rear bumper is stored in the garage roof.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Neil E said:

Ant if you want the exact spacing dims, I may be able to help as the original rear bumper is stored in the garage roof.  

Hi Neil

Anything would be a great help pics and any measurements to get them as accurate as possible.

Has the front bumper gone now?

Where did you mount the control boxes and the buzzers when you fitted yours?

Thanks, Anthony 

23 hours ago, Neil E said:

Hi Kevin it's a 2006 '06' model. Unfortunately my rear bumper is no longer 'factory' but if I go to the back of the archives there may be a pic of the original bumper with the dealer-fit rear sensors.

Not the best image but try this. 

Half way through page one of the build thread 'how to ruin an SC430'

Thanks for your post Neil. When my builders finish using my side garage. And I am ready to buy my 2nd SC430. I will do a post for Forum members with SC430's to help me with buying one... I am an ex-boy from the black stuff and not very good at working on cars...! If the car I buy doesn't have parking sensors. I have a friend that can help me. I will use the Forum for the additional help...! I read on the Forum if the car I buy has run-flats they will need to be changed...! I remember my 2001 SC430 had a horrible feeling driving it compared to my LS400...! It must have been because it had run-flats fitted... 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kevin Williams said:

Thanks for your post Neil. When my builders finish using my side garage. And I am ready to buy my 2nd SC430. I will do a post for Forum members with SC430's to help me with buying one... I am an ex-boy from the black stuff and not very good at working on cars...! If the car I buy doesn't have parking sensors. I have a friend that can help me. I will use the Forum for the additional help...! I read on the Forum if the car I buy has run-flats they will need to be changed...! I remember my 2001 SC430 had a horrible feeling driving it compared to my LS400...! It must have been because it had run-flats fitted... 

Yes the run-flats were a big mistake and it's rare to see them now. I carry a space-saver, they should have been a standard item. The first newish SC430 I drove with 'run flats' was just awful but knowing it has a suspension set up similar to the GS430, the problem was obviously the tyres. 

It would be interesting to see how comfortable the SC could be with standard tyres, better gas struts or air and stiffer anti-roll (sway) bars. 

I needed two rear tyres soon after I purchased my car as it was approaching winter and the tread depth was not good.

It had standard 18" wheels and I was considering moving up to 19's as cosmetically they do fit the arches better in my opinion.

I used a great local independent tyre shop (Huddersfield Tyre & Battery) and discussed this upgrade with the manager in depth.

His take was that Lexus chose 18" for a reason which was a balance of comfort, handling and cost. Knowing comfort would be the main thing for me he recommended remaining on Michelin 18's, which I did.

The new rears delivered exactly what he said, comfort, and gave me improved road holding and confidence.

It was the right decision for me although I'm always impressed seeing SC's sat on new 19's!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lexiguy said:

I needed two rear tyres soon after I purchased my car as it was approaching winter and the tread depth was not good.

It had standard 18" wheels and I was considering moving up to 19's as cosmetically they do fit the arches better in my opinion.

I used a great local independent tyre shop (Huddersfield Tyre & Battery) and discussed this upgrade with the manager in depth.

His take was that Lexus chose 18" for a reason which was a balance of comfort, handling and cost. Knowing comfort would be the main thing for me he recommended remaining on Michelin 18's, which I did.

The new rears delivered exactly what he said, comfort, and gave me improved road holding and confidence.

It was the right decision for me although I'm always impressed seeing SC's sat on new 19's!

18's would fill the arches too if the car is slightly lowered as the rolling circumference should remain the same but I know exactly what you mean. Wider lower 19's with good rubber may provide a bit more traction and control in the corners but the ride quality is diminished. Adjustable suspension can help but lowering the car could bring a whole new set of clearance problems in 'Last of the Summer Wine' country. 

It's funny how we get used to a particular set up. When I put the original 18's back on the SC for a short while, it felt like a jelly. 

• Like 1

Hi Neil 

I am considering putting spacers on as bringing the wheels out of the arches a bit should help the looks.

The question is, are they a Carlos Fandango boy racer gimmick? (For those of you who are too young to remember his cigar adverts on TV, I have included a pic below). The YouTube clip of the advert where he attempts to fit the car through a narrow gate is still amusing!

Then it would be if I fit front and rear and what sizes?

Ant

Screenshot_20220903-210808_Google.thumb.jpg.f48c52d279c98f4154b8744b3b70601d.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links