Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bing bloody Bong

Well I’ve been the proud owner of my RX Premium Sport for a month now, and overall very pleased…….but, that blasted door bing bong is doing my head in, the yanks may need to be told when they open the door, but I’ve actually worked it out. If I pull the lever and push the door, it opens, I don’t need bing bong to tell me. 
can anyone advise please if it’s possible to turn it off?
Another annoying feature is the car keeps asking me to close the windows…….No, I opened them, I know they’re open why do I need to be asked to close them Grrrrrrr 😬 .

Anyone any thoughts or advice please?

According to my handbook (2020) under the Customisation section the dealer (or someone with Techstream) can disable the door open warning buzzer. You can turn down the tailgate warning beep yourself using the options in the cluster display, I ve done this set to it's lowest setting is still plenty loud enough to act as a warning it's operating.

I don't think one can do anything about the window open warning though, at least not on the 2020 model

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

According to my handbook (2020) under the Customisation section the dealer (or someone with Techstream) can disable the door open warning buzzer. You can turn down the tailgate warning beep yourself using the options in the cluster display, I ve done this set to it's lowest setting is still plenty loud enough to act as a warning it's operating.

I don't think one can do anything about the window open warning though, at least not on the 2020 model

Thank goodness that we still have members who read their handbbooks.👍👍👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Thank you for your constructive advice John, perhaps you would like to direct me to which section / page of the handbook where I might find it.

The in car settings appear to be a minefield, and as I have stated, I have only had the vehicle 4 weeks, and still adapting to it. 
I was simply asking if this is possible?

Pete R

34 minutes ago, larryadler said:

It is possible, check the Customization (sic) section page 484 of your handbook. If you don't have one download it from the Lexus website

https://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/about-my-lexus/manuals 

It will have to be changed by your dealer or someone with Techstream (as I posted above)

I remember the salesman stumbling around the RX menus back in 2018 and all the bongs every time he pressed something. It took him ages to find the silent mode. I still get a bong from the driver's door but have got used to pressing the rubber switch ( on the door pillar ) manually to shut it up.

Last week i had a test drive in the new NX. Bong Bong Bong again which drove me mad. Eventually the off button was found. I wonder how many people actually choose to have the bongs on ? 

16 hours ago, larryadler said:

Thank you for your constructive advice John, perhaps you would like to direct me to which section / page of the handbook where I might find it.

The in car settings appear to be a minefield, and as I have stated, I have only had the vehicle 4 weeks, and still adapting to it. 

Pete R

Sorry Pete, I was not intending to be anything other than constructive. The discipline of reading the Handbook appears to be a dying art and has been replaced by "let`s ask the Forum".

My Handbook is now 13 years old and relates to my 2010 GS 450h only,so I am unable to advise you. I read it before I drove the car and constantly re-read it.

Peter (Nemsis UK) has a new (to him) RX450h and continues to apply the discipline of reading the Handbook and has it seems to me,been particularly helpful to your cause 

John, times they are changing. Handbooks seem to be a thing of the past now a bit like telephone books we once had? I did not get one since 12 years and 3 cars. Download on the internet please or just send us a mail ( dont call nooo). The last handbook i got was from my IS250 and the manual for the satnav was i believe 7000 pages and written by a team of software engineers It was even more complicated than the system itself which is a fine achievement.. . I didnt even bother reading it but dug a deep hole in the garden and buried it. My experience in question of any form is to youtube. Its all there within one minute!

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, dutchie01 said:

John, times they are changing. Handbooks seem to be a thing of the past now a bit like telephone books we once had? I did not get one since 12 years and 3 cars. Download on the internet please or just send us a mail ( dont call nooo). The last handbook i got was from my IS250 and the manual for the satnav was i believe 7000 pages and written by a team of software engineers It was even more complicated than the system itself which is a fine achievement.. . I didnt even bother reading it but dug a deep hole in the garden and buried it. My experience in question of any form is to youtube. Its all there within one minute!

You are right of course Bernard and I really should change my ways. I think I will incorporate some additional wording which seems appropriate. Thanks.

How deep does a hole need to be to accommodate 7000 pages Bernard ?

Roast Beef for lunch today !

On 9/10/2022 at 10:35 PM, larryadler said:

Well I’ve been the proud owner of my RX Premium Sport for a month now, and overall very pleased…….but, that blasted door bing bong is doing my head in, the yanks may need to be told when they open the door, but I’ve actually worked it out. If I pull the lever and push the door, it opens, I don’t need bing bong to tell me. 
can anyone advise please if it’s possible to turn it off?
Another annoying feature is the car keeps asking me to close the windows…….No, I opened them, I know they’re open why do I need to be asked to close them Grrrrrrr 😬 .

Anyone any thoughts or advice please?

Well ... you will definitely not like one with the Lexus approved Nextbase dashcam fitted then as it also gives off a "bing bong" when it first turns on and when it switches off again. 😅

For myself they are all reassuring indications that the systems are working as they should.. especially the lights if I have manually put them from Auto to manual dipped beam.

• Like 2

Hi Keith, thanks for that mate, and I did have a Nextbase cam fitted, but I can put up with that.

But the ruddy door bing bong drives me bonkers, can’t do anything with the drivers door open, without reaching for the Valium 😂🤣.

I think my frustration stem from the fact that, I know the bloody door is open because I opened it, at least the dash came only makes it’s noise when switched on and off, the door however, is bonkers, never ending, Chinese water torture, okay okay I’ll talk, just stop the bing bongs 💉💊😬

Regards

Pete 

1 hour ago, larryadler said:

Hi Keith, thanks for that mate, and I did have a Nextbase cam fitted, but I can put up with that.

But the ruddy door bing bong drives me bonkers, can’t do anything with the drivers door open, without reaching for the Valium 😂🤣.

I think my frustration stem from the fact that, I know the bloody door is open because I opened it, at least the dash came only makes it’s noise when switched on and off, the door however, is bonkers, never ending, Chinese water torture, okay okay I’ll talk, just stop the bing bongs 💉💊😬

Regards

Pete 

In what circumstances do you get the ‘bing bong?’ (This is starting to sound rather like a Goons radio sketch!)

I’ve owned my 2021 RX for almost a year and can’t remember hearing anything other than the ‘beep’ when closing the electric boot. I must be doing something wrong (or right, depending on how you look at it). Unless my ‘bing-bong’ was disabled from new?

Hello Ed,

it’s the drivers door, as soon as it’s opened the bing bing starts, and won’t go off until I close it. So vacuuming the car door open, bing bong, bing bong, you really are missing out , Not !

Pete

15 minutes ago, larryadler said:

Hello Ed,

it’s the drivers door, as soon as it’s opened the bing bing starts, and won’t go off until I close it. So vacuuming the car door open, bing bong, bing bong, you really are missing out , Not !

Pete

What if you close it momentarily and reopen it to continue vacuuming?

IIRC mine only bongs if the door is left open after the Power button is pressed to shut the car down

Alternatively just get the dealer to code it off

43 minutes ago, larryadler said:

Hello Ed,

Pete

Interesting - cleaned the inside of the car just this afternoon, and…no ‘bing-bong.’ I don’t seem to have it.

I’ll chalk this one up as a win!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links