Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Lexus service plan and warranty

The 10yr+/150k warranty appears to be quite comprehensive. Naturally it doesn't cover wear items/consumables, like brake pads, bulbs, tyres etc but seems to cover everything else, like engine, transmission, electrics, suspension, hybrid system. From what I remember when I last read my paperwork, the only major thing it didn't cover was the entertainment system, unless any fault in that affected the operation of other things like a/c.

It also includes free UK and European breakdown cover (with the AA I believe), and so for £540 a year for mine, I thought it was worth it.

• Thanks 1

I did think that the warranty included breakdown so that’s good. Will save me £100 a year on buying that 🙂 can anyone else confirm the breakdown cover? Hoping my lovely reliable Lexus won’t break anyway lol.

17 minutes ago, Nickyt211 said:

I did think that the warranty included breakdown so that’s good. Will save me £100 a year on buying that 🙂 can anyone else confirm the breakdown cover? Hoping my lovely reliable Lexus won’t break anyway lol.

I have a copy of the 10 year plus warranty and it does NOT include Roadside Assistance,but several members on this Forum have received separate and subsequent documentation stating that they are covered. I will explore this matter with Lexus Chester next week.

1 hour ago, Nickyt211 said:

Yes I have the 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty and it is comprehensive (as per the post above including all the Hybrid tech) and actually better than the Relax Extended Warranty in some areas and certainly no worse. Mine does include full breakdown cover too but this wasn't in the document pack about the 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty but came through the post separately a couple of weeks later. I did call to query when I didn't get it with the initial extended warranty docs and they said it would follow later and it did. My guess is that the Extended Warranty is administered by TWG Services but the breakdown is provided by AA and so the two docs get sent from different places.

You may get offered the 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty when your car is 10 years old {or 100k miles if sooner) but don't rely on that as not all dealers seem clued up about it and so I would raise it about a month before your 10 years is up so you have time to put it in place so you have no gap from the Relax warranty expiring and the 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty being in place. It can also be paid in monthly installments interest free which I like as I then have the service plan extended warranty both as monthly payments which spreads it all out nicely. 

Here is a link to a post I made about the 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty just under a year ago: 

• Like 1

Hi @Nickyt211, I'm in the exact same situation as you, 2014 IS300H Premier here.

After reading this thread, I got on the phone to my dealer (Jemca Sidcup) and they updated my service plan with the new prices (I had a service plan with them for 2 years, the 9yr and 10yr services) which had totalled to £910. They've since transferred everything across to the new service plan which totals £840.

So thanks for posting this and everyone else for your replies!

15 hours ago, Nickyt211 said:

Does the over 10 year warranty do much? does it only really cover the hybrid system etc.
I’ll get the relax till my 2024 service but after I’m not sure what will be covered.

I've seen @royoftherovers mention an extended warranty for 10+ year old Lexus? Maybe he'll be kind enough to elaborate :).

1 hour ago, Jose DS said:

Hi @Nickyt211, I'm in the exact same situation as you, 2014 IS300H Premier here.

After reading this thread, I got on the phone to my dealer (Jemca Sidcup) and they updated my service plan with the new prices (I had a service plan with them for 2 years, the 9yr and 10yr services) which had totalled to £910. They've since transferred everything across to the new service plan which totals £840.

So thanks for posting this and everyone else for your replies!

I've seen @royoftherovers mention an extended warranty for 10+ year old Lexus? Maybe he'll be kind enough to elaborate :).

This is a piece I wrote when I took out my 10 Year Plus Extended Warranty last November (my car is a 2014 IS 300h but it went over the 100K miles last November) with quite a bit of detail about what it is and what it covers etc. I use Jemca (Reading) and my experience is that Jemca seem to be well versed in this.

15 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

I have a copy of the 10 year plus warranty and it does NOT include Roadside Assistance,but several members on this Forum have received separate and subsequent documentation stating that they are covered. I will explore this matter with Lexus Chester next week.

As Phil stated, it comes seperately. After getting the extended warranty I recieved a letter from Lexus, stating:

"Welcome to Lexus Roadside Assistance...Thank you for extending the warranty on your Lexus. Alongside your extended warranty, you also get complimentary membership of Lexus Roadside Assistance."

There was also a memebership card included. Apart from UK/European cover, it also covers a nominated partner, as well as other cars you're either driving or a passenger in. Here's a link to the details:

https://d3rvezpmgp265q.cloudfront.net/lexusone/lexgbenv11/LRA-brochure_tcm-3157-1272758.pdf

Just now, Bluemarlin said:

As Phil stated, it comes seperately. After getting the extended warranty I recieved a letter from Lexus, stating:

"Welcome to Lexus Roadside Assistance...Thank you for extending the warranty on your Lexus. Alongside your extended warranty, you also get complimentary membership of Lexus Roadside Assistance."

There was also a memebership card included. Apart from UK/European cover, it also covers a nominated partner, as well as other cars you're either driving or a passenger in. Here's a link to the details:

https://d3rvezpmgp265q.cloudfront.net/lexusone/lexgbenv11/LRA-brochure_tcm-3157-1272758.pdf

Just need to remember that to cover the nominated partner you need to fill in the form in the booklet with their details and post it back to Lexus - they will then receive their own card (at least that was the case back in November last year).

• Like 1

On 9/12/2022 at 12:05 PM, ikeja said:

I recently took out a service plan with Lexus Liverpool covering 7,8 and 9 years service for £1045 + free MOT's and collection and delivery of my vehicle to and from Anglesey if required.

I took out my service plan with Lexus, Leicester over a year ago. I pay £41 a month and I have the paperwork which shows that I am paying for a total of four services; the first of which was last month. When I bought it last year, Leicester people serviced it with a full year’s warranty. I live on the Wirral, so getting it serviced in Liverpool was a “no brainer.” 

Liverpool guy picked it up and returned it after full service and MOT had been carried out. I wasn’t sure precisely what had been done to it in terms of parts and oils, etc. I phoned them and was immediately emailed all of the work that the mechanic  had carried out. Car drives like new.

I had a dash cam fitted by Liverpool Lexus and it was collected and brought back to me the same day. At no extra charge and exactly the same for my recent service.

I would think, though, that you would be charged for collection and return from Anglesey which is a good distance from Liverpool. Whilst I appreciate that Lexus are good to their customers- I shouldn’t think that they are that generous. 

But hopefully you might tell me I’m wrong. Great cars!

29 minutes ago, Tony1452 said:

I took out my service plan with Lexus, Leicester over a year ago. I pay £41 a month and I have the paperwork which shows that I am paying for a total of four services; the first of which was last month. When I bought it last year, Leicester people serviced it with a full year’s warranty. I live on the Wirral, so getting it serviced in Liverpool was a “no brainer.” 

Liverpool guy picked it up and returned it after full service and MOT had been carried out. I wasn’t sure precisely what had been done to it in terms of parts and oils, etc. I phoned them and was immediately emailed all of the work that the mechanic  had carried out. Car drives like new.

I had a dash cam fitted by Liverpool Lexus and it was collected and brought back to me the same day. At no extra charge and exactly the same for my recent service.

I would think, though, that you would be charged for collection and return from Anglesey which is a good distance from Liverpool. Whilst I appreciate that Lexus are good to their customers- I shouldn’t think that they are that generous. 

But hopefully you might tell me I’m wrong. Great cars!

Hi Tony 1452. I am on Wirral too and use Lexus at Cheshire Oaks. Nice to read your comment on Liverpool.Can I ask the cost of Liverpool supplying and fitting the dashcam please ?

Hi Tony

I have it in writing from Lexus service manager at Liverpool as follows:

I can confirm that the cost of the three year service plan would total £1,045. This can be broken down as a direct debit payment of £32.85 in August, then 31 payments of £32.65 until March 2025. Pleae let me know as soon as you can if you would like to service plan to be applied as our prices will increase on the 1st August I believe. 

I can confirm that we will waive the MOT fee for your Lexus  MOT's  with no charge for either a collection and delivery service, or a loan car if needed. 

regards

• Like 1

8 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Hi Tony 1452. I am on Wirral too and use Lexus at Cheshire Oaks. Nice to read your comment on Liverpool.Can I ask the cost of Liverpool supplying and fitting the Dashcam please ?

Hi John, no problem. They fitted the Nextbase (business)front and rear dash cam. Total cost £375. It was fitted last December.

There is no viewing screen with the camera, you can link it to your phone to view images. To be honest it’s quite messy, so what I do is put the card into the reader and view images on my laptop. 

It’s essential to delete the images on the card every couple of weeks or so, they are written over in any case. There is a warning that not deleting the footage every 2/3 weeks can damage the card. Can’t see how that can happen, but Nextbase know their equipment.

I recently had an incident when a car pulled out from a side road, immediately in front of me, causing me to apply an emergency stop. I caught up with the driver at a set of traffic lights.

To my surprise, the driver was an elderly woman who sat staring straight ahead as I shouted through my side window that I had her awful driving on camera. My wife was shocked when the woman stuck her two fingers up to me.

I left it a couple of days before viewing the footage, unfortunately that particular day’s images had been overridden .

What I do like about this camera though, is the fact that it’s not as obvious as others I’ve had fitted to my previous autos.  A thief smashed my side window one night and ripped the camera off the dash of one of them. 

There are so many dash cams out there that we are spoilt for choice.  

Regards.

5 minutes ago, Tony1452 said:

Hi John, no problem. They fitted the Nextbase (business)front and rear dash cam. Total cost £375. It was fitted last December.

There is no viewing screen with the camera, you can link it to your phone to view images. To be honest it’s quite messy, so what I do is put the card into the reader and view images on my laptop. 

It’s essential to delete the images on the card every couple of weeks or so, they are written over in any case. There is a warning that not deleting the footage every 2/3 weeks can damage the card. Can’t see how that can happen, but Nextbase know their equipment.

I recently had an incident when a car pulled out from a side road, immediately in front of me, causing me to apply an emergency stop. I caught up with the driver at a set of traffic lights.

To my surprise, the driver was an elderly woman who sat staring straight ahead as I shouted through my side window that I had her awful driving on camera. My wife was shocked when the woman stuck her two fingers up to me.

I left it a couple of days before viewing the footage, unfortunately that particular day’s images had been overridden .

What I do like about this camera though, is the fact that it’s not as obvious as others I’ve had fitted to my previous autos.  A thief smashed my side window one night and ripped the camera off the dash of one of them. 

There are so many dash cams out there that we are spoilt for choice.  

Regards.

Thanks for all of that Tony, Lexus Cheshire Oaks is only 5 miles away and they quoted me £375 too. See you around.

9 hours ago, ikeja said:

Hi Tony

I have it in writing from Lexus service manager at Liverpool as follows:

I can confirm that the cost of the three year service plan would total £1,045. This can be broken down as a direct debit payment of £32.85 in August, then 31 payments of £32.65 until March 2025. Pleae let me know as soon as you can if you would like to service plan to be applied as our prices will increase on the 1st August I believe. 

I can confirm that we will waive the MOT fee for your Lexus  MOT's  with no charge for either a collection and delivery service, or a loan car if needed. 

regards

Barry, what a great deal that is. Collecting it and returning your car to Anglesey as all part of the service is amazing. There’s me thinking I was doing well not having to battle through the early morning traffic via the Mersey Tunnel to get to Bootle and then having to drive back home, before it would be ready for collection.

Definitely, there’s no outfit that can beat Lexus for customer service, IMHO.

2 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Thanks for all of that Tony, Lexus Cheshire Oaks is only 5 miles away and they quoted me £375 too. See you around.

Yep, there aren’t many Lexus IS300h cars on the Wirral. I don’t know why that is. Maybe the professional reviews put people off, but I’ve yet to read an owner’s review that gave them either a bad report or a mediocre report.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tony1452 said:

Yep, there aren’t many Lexus IS300h cars on the Wirral. I don’t know why that is. Maybe the professional reviews put people off, but I’ve yet to read an owner’s review that gave them either a bad report or a mediocre report.

Owners don`t, so called Journalists do.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Tony1452 said:

Barry, what a great deal that is. Collecting it and returning your car to Anglesey as all part of the service is amazing. There’s me thinking I was doing well not having to battle through the early morning traffic via the Mersey Tunnel to get to Bootle and then having to drive back home, before it would be ready for collection.

Definitely, there’s no outfit that can beat Lexus for customer service, IMHO.

And when I was in the market for my GS, TEN YEARS AGO Lexus Bolton offered to come to Wirral to collect and deliver at Service time. Going the extra mile is an understatement !

On 9/12/2022 at 8:47 PM, royoftherovers said:

I visited Lexus Chester this morning.

I dealt with the paperwork to set up my new 10 year plus warranty to be effective from 1 October the day following the demise of my current Extended Warranty.

For my MK3 GS it cost £582 for 12 months, payable in 10 equal instalments on an interest free basis. The paperwork for Roadside Assistance will follow as it did when taking out the Extended Warranty

• Like 2

1 hour ago, royoftherovers said:

I visited Lexus Chester this morning.

I dealt with the paperwork to set up my new 10 year plus warranty to be effective from 1 October the day following the demise of my current Extended Warranty.

For my MK3 GS it cost £582 for 12 months, payable in 10 equal instalments on an interest free basis. The paperwork for Roadside Assistance will follow as it did when taking out the Extended Warranty

Excellent to hear that this all worked out OK for you too. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links