Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New owner Sittingbourne Kent

Paul weeks

I used to look at the new Sc430 on the Lexus stand at the county show in 2004 with no chance of buying one, but now 18 years later I have become the proud owner of a 54 plate SC with 60,000 miles in good order, it is in the aubergine/black colour with tan leather and I love it. I went to a local show at Aylesford in Kent today and was talking to a very knowledgeable chap by the name of Spencer who gave me several good tips as he was looking at the car. Just wondering if there is any other owners locally, if so would love to have a chat !  Thanks Paul.

FFE8699F-BC3B-4519-9F06-B9DC82785AB7.jpeg

D6A334E2-C782-457E-A33C-AE4C75BE800F.jpeg

• Like 3

Hi Paul

Welcome to the group, it is always good to get new SC owners into the fold, especially with a beautiful example like yours. I think your leather colour is the best 👌 

We like pics on here so it's great to see you got that taped! :photo:

The club and its members have a wealth of SC knowledge and are happy to assist with any anything.

I am hoping we will meet you at the next annual meet next July. 

I am from up in Yorkshire  but I am always on here regularly and love to chat anything SC430. 

Kind regards, Anthony 

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum Paul, I’m over Bromley way but sadly don’t have a club car these days .

If you have any questions big or small just ask 👍🏻
Did you have to travel far to collect it ?.

I like to look up SC430 models that catch my eye on Auto Trader and checked your cars mot history just a few days ago and it was very good, so seems you’ve bought yourself a "keeper"😉

your car is an unusual colour combination yet one that I like , bet you’ll never see another 😉

• Like 1

Paul welcome to the Club

I've only ever had ( it seems ) a Ls400 and am situ in Queenborough .........  I sometimes meet another Ls400 owner here, he too residing in Sittingbourne for a Starbucks coffee .....  when we pop out for a treat locally

Malc

• Like 1

Welcome Paul, I am sure you will love your SC. I love your colour. When I was looking to buy one last year that was the colour I was looking for but there was only one available in that colour which was being sold by a dealer and I felt it was over priced. It looks incredible when the sun shines on it. I ended up with a blue one which I also love.

• Like 1

I was looking to try to find one within 60 miles of home give or take, The colour I have bought, is the one I liked (and saw at the county show ) but thought I stood no chance of getting it as it was a rare colour. Then up popped a new advert and the car was 7 miles from my front door on the isle  of Sheppey, who needs a lottery win !

I had not seen the car before, it was owned by a nice gentleman who had searched for 2 years to find what he wanted, then bought it from Southend. He had only had it a short time before having health issues, so it has had little use for last 2 years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Paul weeks said:

so it has had little use for last 2 years.

I've never seen it in my locale for sure .....  t'was hidden away in the depths of the countryside maybe :wink3:

Malc

• Like 1

On 9/11/2022 at 9:37 PM, Paul weeks said:

Just wondering if there is any other owners locally, if so would love to have a chat !

Hi Paul

It's a small world it would seem, I also reside in Sittingbourne although not an SC owner I'm in the F bit of the club, never know may bump into one another some time.

Enjoy the Lexus individuality and not be running with the crowd.👍

• Like 1

On 9/12/2022 at 5:34 AM, Lexiguy said:

Hi Paul

Welcome to the group, it is always good to get new SC owners into the fold, especially with a beautiful example like yours. I think your leather colour is the best 👌 

We like pics on here so it's great to see you got that taped! :photo:

The club and its members have a wealth of SC knowledge and are happy to assist with any anything.

I am hoping we will meet you at the next annual meet next July. 

I am from up in Yorkshire  but I am always on here regularly and love to chat anything SC430. 

Kind regards, Anthony 

Hello Anthony,  glad you like the leather !  I love it but can imagine it is a bit like marmite !  I have been into classic cars and motorcycles for many years, and in retirement I was going to buy a classic car, had been looking at mk 2 jags, but the ones I looked at involved spending over £20,000 and I just knew it would have been a money pit !  So I had a re think and decided a modern classic may be a better bet !  
I owned a GS 300 Lexus a few years ago, so was aware of the build quality, so far I am loving the S.C !

• Like 4

Hi Paul

I was the same, retiring and was thinking about a classic convertible like a mgb or a Morgan.

Then Claire said it needs to be more comfortable, automatic like our other cars, lots of chrome and wood, well equipped, four seater, reliable and powerful! So it was obvious by her face when I showed her youtube clips of SC430'S that was the car for me!

20220505_081053.thumb.jpg.139904780f77caf9c324335deb956450.jpg

I learnt many years ago not to buy a car without a wife's consent otherwise they say things like "well you can buy it if you want" which is NOT permission!!! 

It is not a dare, it means if anything needs spending on it she will use the phrase, "I told you not to buy it" and you will be in the doghouse until the next time money is spent on it!!

My 11 year old Lexiguy Junior is now struggling in the back seat but there is no way I would sell her!

20210718_123614.thumb.jpg.25eea37b10bbdb8ea641c80b073292d6.jpg

Regards, Anthony 

20220716_122334.jpg

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Paul weeks said:

Yes that is the ad from the chap I bought it from, he hasn’t taken it down, thanks for letting me know.

Not all bad..gives us a chance to see all the photos still 😉

Difficult to find fault with the car, other than giving the headlamps a polish 👍🏻
    Did the guy give you the car cover and original wheels in the deal ?

Got the wheels, I did not want the cover ( I think they sometimes do more harm than good ) I am going to get the original  wheels restored and put some new tyres on them, any suggestions for the best tyres ??? 
I then hope to sell the wheels and tyres that are on it, all tyres are quite new, with little mileage, to pay towards renovating the original wheels.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Paul weeks said:

Got the wheels, I did not want the cover ( I think they sometimes do more harm than good ) I am going to get the original  wheels restored and put some new tyres on them, any suggestions for the best tyres ??? 
I then hope to sell the wheels and tyres that are on it, all tyres are quite new, with little mileage, to pay towards renovating the original wheels.

Agree with car covers, they keep moisture in and can flap in the wind and damage the paintwork .

Tyres…I put Falken FK510 245/40 R18 97Y XL on my last SC430, Reputable brand and a fair price .

• Like 1

Hi Paul

When purchased my car was fitted with Michelin Pilot 245/40 ZR 18.

That was certainly one step up from the run fIat tyres that it was probably supplied on.

I liked how sure footed it felt on the Michelin but was contemplating upgrading to 19's, purely for ascetics but the manager of my local tyre shop advised against it.

He said 19 would be more expensive and would give a harder ride, and beside that manufacturers spend a lot of time and money deciding the best tyre. They consider road noise, grip, wet and snow capabilities and price to name a few. So he believed the right way to go and Michelins to be his brand of choice.

I was very happy with their grippyness in wet and dry and replaced 2 due to concerns about their age and evidence of some deterioration. Also with winter approaching here in the wilds of Yorkshire, I was also unnerved by that prospect as I had changed from a capable 4x4 to a RWD SC.

To cut a long story short, the new ones made the care feel noticeably better when pushed hard, if thats possible!

Good luck with your choices, Ant

• Like 1

Thanks for your advice Anthony, I have the original wheels which I am going to have restored, the tyres and wheels that are on the car at present, although new, look to be budget ones. So my thoughts are maybe getting the restored wheels fitted with new Michelins, then maybe I can sell the wheels and tyres that are on it and get some of the cost back.

took the car for a longer drive today and have to say I love it !  I can’t fault anything, no rattles or unwanted noises, super smooth and didn’t miss a beat !  The fuel computer had been reading 15.1 and I was thinking  ouch, but I reset it and After 70 miles on mixed roads it reads 31.6  so I’m well pleased.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Paul weeks said:

Thanks for your advice Anthony, I have the original wheels which I am going to have restored, the tyres and wheels that are on the car at present, although new, look to be budget ones. So my thoughts are maybe getting the restored wheels fitted with new Michelins, then maybe I can sell the wheels and tyres that are on it and get some of the cost back.

took the car for a longer drive today and have to say I love it !  I can’t fault anything, no rattles or unwanted noises, super smooth and didn’t miss a beat !  The fuel computer had been reading 15.1 and I was thinking  ouch, but I reset it and After 70 miles on mixed roads it reads 31.6  so I’m well pleased.

Only unwanted "extra" on the SC430 is a wind noise at motorway speeds , from the drivers door mirror . No fix for it other that fold them in or turn the radio up 😉😉

• Like 1

Hi Paul

It certainly looks an eyeful of car and I'm sure it will turn heads everywhere you go  😁

Have you thought about what body wax and leather dressing you will use? 

Everytime I drive mine it makes me smile and I am impressed by how comfortable,  responsive, smooth and quiet it is. That is why I accept 17 mpg when running about locally. The roads around here are fun but not conducive to much improvement unless travelling further afield.

I am presuming the old wheels you have are like these?

20210717_093332.thumb.jpg.ed0c8dc3957b976196fa2158894338a9.jpg

Mine have deteriorated badly despite being refurbished before buying the car (I think they only spray painted them). Having them done properly (powder coated) is certainly on the agenda!

I do consider buying another set with good winter tyres, then I could have them ready for the white stuff 

20220331_070843.thumb.jpg.cbecee191d7cb9f2d0c6c1f05f9edbd0.jpg

Glad to hear about how much you enjoy your SC and long may it continue. 

Anthony

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links