Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Does the PM get free AA cover?

Mincey

Gotta love the Daily Mail. The article states:

"And despite the desire to ‘buy British’, the new car is set to be German — one of a fleet of ten new ministerial Audi A8 armoured limousines no less — because there’s no suitable British-built alternative available. It’s a dilemma facing many UK motorists, too."

I have to admit it was huge dilemma for me to find there were no British built armoured limousines 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I think an opportunity to ONLY buy British and to enable those happy gun toting loonies freedom to help us all by “taking out” some of these senior political numpties 

looking at the dear Queens funeral, Camilla et al were in cars with the windows down Did you notice ? That worried me tbh .......... even if those beautiful cars ( German Bentley  ? Jaguar and Range Rover .... Tata ) are armour plated 

she just needed some fresh air I guess or the electric windows malfunctioned  🤔

Malc 

9 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

I think an opportunity to ONLY buy British and to enable those happy gun toting loonies freedom to help us all by “taking out” some of these senior political numpties 

looking at the dear Queens funeral, Camilla et al were in cars with the windows down Did you notice ? That worried me tbh .......... even if those beautiful cars ( German Bentley  ? Jaguar and Range Rover .... Tata ) are armour plated 

she just needed some fresh air I guess or the electric windows malfunctioned  🤔

Malc 

British cars: AirCondition did not function.

2 minutes ago, Las Palmas said:

RR still look more majestic than BMW.

Personally I prefer the Bentley's, but neither is likely to be the selected vehicle for the UK PM, not least because of the public backlash that would cause.

But it was good to see what must be 50/60 year old Rolls Royces in immaculate condition during the Queen's funeral, even the new royal Bentleys are now 20-years old, much more style and class than the Beast.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Bluemarlin said:

But it can pay for the maintenance costs on a British car.

Your remark set me thinking Bill, and I am surprised to realise that the last time I bought a British car was in 1968--a Hillman Imp. Gosh,55 years ago. I could not get rid of it fast enough and bought a 1200 Beetle on H day in 1969. It cost me £35 to have a Bluespot (Blaupunkt) Radio installed.

I imagine that I am not alone and perhaps others have avoided the plague of BRITISH UNRELIABILITY for more years than me.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Your remark set me thinking Bill, and I am surprised to realise that the last time I bought a British car was in 1968--a Hillman Imp. Gosh,55 years ago. I could not get rid of it fast enough and bought a 1200 Beetle on H day in 1969. It cost me £35 to have a Bluespot (Blaupunkt) Radio installed.

I imagine that I am not alone and perhaps others have avoided the plague of BRITISH UNRELIABILITY for more years than me.

My first car was a Singer Chamois (an Imp clone) a 1966 model. Reliability wasn't a concern as I totally rebuilt it onto a Monte Carlo road stage rally car. Great car and extremely good fun to drive, right up to when the front tyre let go on a fast bend...... I actually sold it for parts and made a profit!!

I then bough three Vauxhall cars over then next few years. Firstly the HPE Firenza, then a highly modified Chevette HSR. Then came children and responsibilities and a Cavalier. A third child forced it's sale and I bought a 6 month old Rover Montego 7 seater estate, in white. Well it was white for a few months then rapidly went a curious orange colour along every seam. 🙄😁

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

My previous car was British, an XK8. I think it's called a grand tourer because every time it went in for a service it cost about a grand to fix various bits and pieces that went wrong.

Now that I think of it, my first four cars were British. Two Vauxhall Vivas, a Mini and an Austin Montego. The Vivas had various problems,  but they were old, and I had to put a new engine in the Mini. The Montego was the only one that didn't cost me any money. After that I had company cars for about 25 years. I do miss the free maintenance and petrol.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links